Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
By qarrar
Mohdkazim wrote:What was name of the piece of land that prophet Muhamad gave to Bibi Fatimah???
Bagh e Fidak or also known as the Garden of Fidak

I am so confident of my answer that I will not wait for Mohdkazim to confirm it so here’s my next question:

What was the name of the warrior who came out of the fortress of Khaibar to face Imam Ali (a.s)?
By qarrar
Mohdkazim wrote:Marhab
Wewe stop copying my answers :!:
By Mohdkazim
What was the name of the Jewish man from the tribe of Tamim whom Imam Ali t k to court in the case of a stolen armour?
By qarrar
Mohdkazim wrote:What was the name of the Jewish man from the tribe of Tamim whom Imam Ali took to court in the case of a stolen armour?
The man’s name was Abdullah Ibn Qofl. Having had to research for his name I have related the incident below:

Imam Ali, was sitting in the Mosque of Kofa when Abdullah Ibn Qofl a Jewish man from the tribe of Tamim passed by holding an armour at hand. Imam Ali recognising the armour said to him where he had taken the armour from, for it had been stolen from the treasury. The Jewish man, trusting Islamic justice agreed to follow the Imam to court. Shorayh, the judge of the court was the delegate of Imam Ali. Yet, the Imam asked the judge to ignore the background of both of the parties and issue a just verdict. Utilising the Islamic judicial methodology the Jewish man won the case against the Caliph of the Muslims and the man was not found guilty. Nevertheless, as soon as he left the court, his conscious smote him, and he was impressed by the Islamic justice. He then turned back to the court and confessed that he had found the armour somewhere on the way and was happy now to return it to the treasury. Upon his confession Imam Ali gave him a gift and the man converted to Islam.1

1. Al-Kolayni, Al-Kafi, vol.7, pp. 385,386

I’ll give away my chance to ask the question to Zahra, as she was equally entitled to ask when I had posted my previous question.
By Umm.aly
This is a great idea! Keep the questions coming.. and the answers too heheh.. There's truly alot to learn from them..
By proudmuslimah
yah..i totally agree with muhaddisa..i was flabbergasted with my lack of islamic knowledge and have got into reading history books now.. :oops:

try this one out guys..

In which country lived the nation to whom prophet Nuh (a.s) was sent to preach the right way of Allah?[/b]
By Mohdkazim
Was it Iraq, because i do remember visiting the place where he built his ark which is in Masjid -e Kufa.
By qarrar
proudmuslimah wrote:In which country lived the nation to whom prophet Nuh (a.s) was sent to preach the right way of Allah?
Salaams,

Yes I can also confirm that it was Iraq. Here are a couple verses about Nabi Nuh’s (peace be upon him) endeavours to reform his people:

"He (Nuh) said: 0' my people! serve Allah. There is no god other than Him. If you refuse, verily I fear for you chastisement of a grievous day. The Chiefs of his people said: Most certainly we perceive you in clear error. He said: O' my people! There is no error in me but I am an Apostle from the lord of the worlds. I deliver to you the message of my Lord and I counsel you right (7: 59,60)

Again in the following Verses the Nabi Nuh (peace be upon him) warned his people by declaring:

"O' my people! Surely I am a plain warner to you bidding you to serve Allah and be mindful of your duty to Him, and obey me so that He may forgive your faults." (71:2-4)
By Muhammad Mahdi
good questions. ask the next question qarrar or mohdkazim
By Mohdkazim
Qarrar uliza basi!!!
By Muhammad Mahdi
heres one

When and why did the Prophet (saw) say," O Ali you are to me as Haroun was to Musa except there is no prophet after me,"?
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:When and why did the Prophet (saw) say," O Ali you are to me as Haroun was to Musa except there is no prophet after me,"?
‘Ya Ali, Anta Minni Bimanzilati Haruna Min Musa Illa Annahu Laa Nabiyyu Ba’di’, O Ali your position in relation to me is tantamount to that of Harun with Musa, except that there will be no prophet after me. This tradition is known as the tradition of Manzilat. The Holy Prophet is reported to have said this when he was proceeding for the Tabuk operation. The reason for saying this was because he left Imam Ali (a.s) behind in Medina as his successor and the Imam had asked as to why he did this and that’s the reply he received.
By Zahra..
Here's an easy one.. to get everybody back in here..
Which prophet was born after only six months of pregnancy??

The Destruction of Baqee. This cemetery contains t[…]

NAHJAL BALAGHA

The Lowliness Of The World In Allah’s Eyes […]

Eid Mubarak!

اللَّهُ اكْبَرُ ٱللَّهُ اكْبَرُ allahu akbar allah[…]

Eid Mubarak!

"Eid Mubarak to all! After 30 days of fasting[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline