Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
With so many sporting activities that exist today, which is the ultimate sporting activity and why? Not forgetting health, which is also a closely related issue that should be amongst our top priorities.
By Amreen
I Like playing outdoor but we can onli play sport games only at school and when we finish school we cannot play any sports activities :cry:
why cant we make teams and play on a specific day like sunday or any other day
By Sayyeda
Very true Amreen... I remember when I was in School, I used to be an active player when it came to Sports, but now?! Now that I am in College, I no more get the opportunity to play sports :(

Sounds like a good idea to me, to form our own groups!

What do you all say?!
Assalamun Alaikum.
Dear sisters, you have all the rights in what you want to do and when to do but what matters is what you organise, where and how! If you we're at the lecture on Friday at the Alia Complex than i guess you remember what our Brother said about how guys are different compare to girls, its true, us guys can organise things and just walk out of the house without any questions from our parents but you girls cannot, why? Because a guy will recover his reputation in any other way or cover his mistakes but a girl will not be able to, a single mistake will destroy your life and reputation. These days most of our Shia girls have no mistakes but its the way what some guys think and like to play with girls reputation and its true! Especially from our community, guys are really on a bad track, for example; if they come to know that you girls have decided to play a game at the Boarding house, they will definately follow you there, am i right or not? I'am not trying to be rude but that's what the truth is, i know sometimes its unfair but we cant change things right? So what my point is that if you organise things on your own and include an elder and do what you want to so as to be on the safe side right? There are many ways you sisters can do what you want to, its not that you cant do it, no. Just try to be more on the safe side. People like to talk alot these days!

I have many friends from different religions and i have heard from most of them saying that "Shia girls are always protective and are on the safe side but only a few of them who are spoilt" And trust me, shia muslim girls are really on the safe side, just keep it that way. Dont compare your self with guys with their freedom because later on they're going to realise and its going to be really late for them to correct them selves.
If you think what i said is not true than please correct me.

Assalamun Alaikum warahmatullah.
By Amreen
salaamun alaykum!
well ...we can tell the jamaat to keep one day in which only girls are allowed to come and play ..in which tournaments can be conducted..like the time when we had in ramadhan ..we used to go play games ..
By Sayyeda
Wa Alaikum Salaam,

It is indeed very true and sad to be admitting that the guys are that way. There is no way the girls can do what they want, because the guys are going to follow her if they knew where she is going! (Just as Brother Muntazir pointed out) Isn't that unfair?! It definately is.

And if that is how it is, then i guess it is very crucial for us (girls) to include some elder ladies who could arrange tournaments for us, Just as Brother Muntazir suggested. If we all remember, the girls had the chance to play Sports last year in Ramadhan. However, we donot have that facility this year... Quite sad init?!

Thanks for your suggestions!
By abuali
I totally agree!

Its absolutely unfair that because its is tougher to organize sports for ladies, the option of not organizing is chosen instead.

I feel that a long term solution to this problem would have to include a solution to avert the fears that parents have to face when such events are organized for ladies. If the parents (those who sit on the committees) and others are able to trust that such events are safe for their daughters to participate in, they would definitely be forced to organize such an event.

As long as we the youths (men and women) give them fear...we will be giving them reasons to not organize such events.

The major part is to be played by the Ladies...you will have to all request ...and if need be demand that such a facility be arranged for you...

And as far as those 'few' 'black sheep' are concerned, because of whome the whole community of ladies has to suffer...we should all try and change these people. These black sheep (both guys and girls) are mostly the friends we know...shouldnt we be trying to change them?
By Amreen
i totally agree with wat u r saying ...
thanx!!!!!!!!
i wish the effort that we make will work :D
By Tayyaba
salaam :)
well it is really sad that we girls don have such facilities when i was talkin to my mother about this she said she could take us girls , so i think we start plannin neh!
hope all works out!
By Amreen
hey tayyaba wat a nice idea .....we can telll the jamat people n start making teams
i really hope this works
:D :D :D
By Muntazir
Assalamun Alaikum..
I surely know how you girls feel by being left out from these activities that you need the most.. But do not loose hopes, its only the activities that's taken away, not your freedom or rights! What i can advice on this that you girls should create a small group of your own, think fast and make a move.. If you girls keep waiting for your time to come, than this will never take place and you will keep waiting.. Talk to your mothers, ask them to talk to the Jamaat people TODAY because these are the only few days of Ramadhan left, you dont want to miss the Sports activities that you girls used to have all these years right?

You can do what you really want to..
Allah Hafidh..
By Mohdkazim
I totally agree with you my Muntazir, that the girls should form a group and ask but this not for only ramadhan, so it means that for the girls to play sports its only RAMADHAN TO RAMADHAN, so the other 11 months again you are back to square one. so you dont get a chance to play in other 11 months.
Now the girls have to decide when they have to play as they have their freedoms, here in the london , stanmore jamaat ladies gets to play every Saturday when during the summer time and i think so the timings afre form 2-4 in the afternoon .
By *Fatemah*
s.a everyone.....well i dont know what to say exactly bcoz most of it has already been said....but i think that we girls should act fast..not only because ramadhan is going to finish soon...we can still continiue with our sporting activities after ramadhan...its not like we do have any restrictions as long as we have an adult with us we should make use of the extra time we get and indulge in activities like this....so we should get planning RIGHT AWAY....!!!...we should let the jamaaat know that we want sports too and they should be able to organize somethin or the other for us.Hoope it works out!!! :D

~~*PeAcE*~~

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline