Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
With so many sporting activities that exist today, which is the ultimate sporting activity and why? Not forgetting health, which is also a closely related issue that should be amongst our top priorities.
By Tayyaba
What is Martial Arts?

Martial Arts can be classified as an exercise together with learning Self Discipline, Control, Co-ordination of Movement, Focus, Principle, Manner, Respect for Others, Kindness and most important of all, learning to be "Patient".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason for learning

Firstly ask yourself why you choose to learn Martial Arts?

Is it for:

"Health Reason", "Arts" or "Self-Defence"

Picking the Suitable Style

There are many different Styles to choose from!

1) Soft Style 2) Medium Style 3) Hard Style

Let your "Legs" do the initial work. Go and join the class of your choice; decide whether this is the right style for you and how much confidence you have with the Instructor's way of teaching.

Remember

Learning Martial Arts does not make you INVINCIBLE. Whatever Style one chooses could train one to have better Discipline and Good Health. Learning "Self-Defence" is one thing, applying it to real life is another.

Do remember not to apply Martial Arts to Street fighting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oriental Martial Arts

All Martial Arts are exercise for health benefit, sports, learning self control, discipline and self defence, which specialize in their own style.

Three major influences

1) China
Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Shao Lin, Wing Chuen, Praying Mantis, Hung Chuan, etc.

2) Japan
Judo, Karate, Ju-jitsu, Aikido, Kendo, Ninjutsu, etc.

3) Korea
Tae Kwon Do, etc.
By kulsham
i always loved martial arts...

i know lil...
By Zaheer
haaaaayyaa ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :roll: :roll: :roll:
By FatemaC
dont say haaayaaa but say good!!!
By Tayyaba
do we have martial arts classes in dar??
By kulsham
yes. there are martial art classes in dar.... go through advertising dar mag and/or whats happening! i heard colosseum teach and so does genesis.

@ zaheer! say GOOODD!

@ FatemaC. 8) :wink:
By Zaheer
martial arts in dsm no.. may be u stast it it mite go well as SWIMMING FOR LADIES WENT FLLLOP KABISA .. ladies lazees.
By kulsham
saache.. i heard swimming classes went flop because the swimming pool needed to be removed and the building owner wanted more space for parking.
By FatemaC
Kulsham i heard the same thing! Dunno where did Zaheer cum up with this idea of it gng flop...

Zaheer please be sure before you post something, just make sure you have complete knowledge on it... hehehheehh
By Zaheer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BAS LADIES JAWAAB TAYAR AJ CHE
By knowledgeseeker
salaam.
martial arts in dar.. anyone know where ladies can learn it?? kindly, pass the full details.
thanks alot..
iltemase dua..
KS

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline