Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
With so many sporting activities that exist today, which is the ultimate sporting activity and why? Not forgetting health, which is also a closely related issue that should be amongst our top priorities.

Did u see the Chealsea VS Barcelona match?

Yes!
50%
No!
No votes
0%
Footbal? :@
50%
By Syed Kazim
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has signed a new four-year deal running until 2010.

The 28-year-old joined the club for £24m in July 2004 and has been in fine form this season with 10 goals in 15 games to his credit.

The Ivory Coast international told Chelsea's television station: "I am not playing well just because I wanted to sign a new contract.

"I'm playing well as I feel good and I am happy to train with my friends."

There were doubts cast over Drogba's first-team chances at Chelsea when manager Jose Mourinho landed striker Andriy Shevchenko in the summer.

But Drogba has risen to the challenge while Shevchenko has struggled for form.

Drogba scored a last-gasp equaliser against Barcelona in a Champions League match on Tuesday as well as netting the winner when the two clubs met in the reverse group game.

His collection of goals so far during the campaign also saw him grab an exquisite winner when Liverpool visited Stamford Bridge.

Drogba added: "I want to say thank you to Jose for believing in me since the beginning and now we will be together for a long time. The best period of my career I think.

"I am happy because when I came here it wasn't easy for me to say I would be signing a new contract with Chelsea, because everybody knows the first year was difficult.

"The second one was okay but I knew I could do better."

Drogba has been linked with possible moves to either Italian side AC Milan and Lyon of France but Mourinho believes the signing of a new deal will put any speculation to bed.

"It is good for Chelsea, Didier deserves a big contract.

"Now he can go to Milan for shopping and no-one can say he goes to sign a contract.

"His friend from Lyon can call and people don't say he is calling to sign him. It's fantastic."

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline