Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Salaam Alaykum,
As you may have noticed, we experienced downtime over the past few days. Unfortunately, we have crashed and lost a significant amount of data. To be precise, we have rolled back and lost approximately 1 month's worth of data including posts and new members. I hope we are not disheartened and discouraged by this crash. Various features may have issues. Do reply with any problems/queries that arise. I am pleased to inform you that we are back up and running - albeit rather bare. We are currently considering migrating to more stable software and will keep you updated of any planned changes. In the meantime, keep posting as usual! :D

Thanks,
By Sajida
Salaam,
Sad to know that we lost some valuable data.
I feel there r some latest users who have been deleted too if not mistaken.If ure unaware of it,just thought to let u knw so that u can check that out too.If theres any way of getting back the data pls do so,coz it might be very valuable and new users joining will not have any idea abt what we talking.N how did it crash n the data to get corrupt?any specific reasons?? :roll:
By Sajida
Oh my posts r deleted too from 190 something to 161.Thats sad!!
By Sajida
Just to let u knw..no pictures r waiting my side eg avatars,cant view mine neither anyones,the reza travel ad,etc!
By Yas
w/s hey,
Unfortunately there's no way to recover the lost data - hope it wasn't anything irreplaceable. It seems the crash was caused by server difficulties which we have no control over. As for the lost users, I suppose they can reregister themselves.
Anyway on the bright side, I'm arranging for automatic backups every single day, in the event anything happpens. :)

edit: Sajida I'm taking care of the images problem, thanks for that. The reza advert won't show for a while. Oh.. Sorry about your post count! :(
By Yas
Okay, I've configured the avatars. If you click on Profile at the top and select another avatar, it should work fine. I can't seem to locate the candle one at the moment but I'll try and get it. Hope you'll settle for some other ones meanwhile. :P
By Sajida
Quite alot seems to be lost :(!Thanks for your help though!:)
By Muhammad Mahdi
My god....

I had 200+ posts and now I have 6 remaining
Over the past month I was an active member and now...
its all gone
By Yas
I know man, really sorry! It was all beyond our control. But don't worry, I'm sure hoping you'll be real active in no time ;)

ps: change your avatar in the Profile. :D
By Sajida
LOL sorry muhammad mahdi!
By minhaal2000
i think there's a prob when updating avater..it says there's a SQL error and debug stuff...or is it jsut me??
By Yas
Actually the avatars were still down till right now, along with updating any information on Profile. Just processed a few queries and they SHOULD be back up now. :)
By Yas
Okay people, I've also introduced rank images - add some color to the place. :)

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline