Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners

Do you think we need anonymous counseling services in our community?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
0%
Yes, but the community is not ready for it
No votes
0%
The Ask team has been thinking of various ways in which counseling can be offered primarily to our community. Here is what we have thought of so far: -

1. Counseling will be offered anonymously. No names need be mentioned
2. At the beginning counseling will be offered via Ask. There will be one lady counselor and one male counselor whose identities will not be disclosed. They have been chosen in accordance with their experience in such matters and their knowledge of islamic law and basic practicality.
3. Inshallah, the service will be extended via toll free numbers. Anyone can call if they need help, advice or just someone to talk too during hard times.
4. No topic is out of bounds, bearing in mind the general rules of respect and being under the watchful presence of Allah (SWT)
5. Voice conversations and posts will be recorded and saved for review to better the service. Hence please do not mention names unless you dont mind being known.

This brings me to 2 questions for all of us: -

1. Do you think we need such a service for our community?

2. What should this service be called?
Salaams

I think counseling in the community is an essential asset to have. All around the world, especially in North America councilors play an important role in human development.

Now the question arises, are you going to pick a councilor who is pious, wise, an elder in the community or in the other hand try to find a well qualified doctor who deals with psychiatric issues such as depression, bi polar dis order, stress, schizophrenia and so forth.

The most important thing for us to do is to pick some one who is qualified, unbiased and a person who actually helps the community.

It is very sad that whenever someone faces any psychological dis order in our community, we stigmatize him/her as being mad or a disorderly person, however, the main cause of such disorders are emotional and hormonal imbalances in the brain same as any other sickness we face.

I hope this helps
Regards
(bismillah)

The team working on the counseling project has made some major decisions and is now ready to open the services to the community.

The future developments will be posted on another thread called Ask4Help : Counseling for our community

I request all members to participate so that the project team can correctly assess the counseling needs of our community
(wasalam) fatimah

Your concern is very valid. Thats why the counseling team is working on an entirely anonymous counseling service.

Please do share ideas on how you would like the counseling services to be offered

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline