Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
By abuali
As Ask! grows, i feel that its increasingly important to include the ideas and suggestions of the users of the forums at Ask.or.tz

This forum is for your use. You can post suggestions about anything to do with Ask.or.tz... You can also post request if you want a new category/forum started and you can post questions about Ask!.
By eternal-jihad
a "general discussion" forum would be good.

WA SALAAM
By eternal-jihad
what about creating a forum "general" as you created one about marriage, one about fasting, etc...

ws
By abuali
The Marriage category can have several forums inside it for example Early Marriage, Qualities of a spouse etc

In the same manner if we create a General category what kind of forums would be in the category?

My reason for asking is, if you have a particular kind of forum in mind, we can create a category relating to that forum.
By Hussaini
Great initiative by the youths...

In regard to the category, do not create so many sub categories unless if the system is easy.

Just have a general caegory which describes a topic, eg Social, family and Marriage should be one category..

When you have so many sub category you will end up having a few mesages on the sub category as all of them will be in different sub category category.

My Few cents

Time is "Reward" or "Punishment" not Money.
By eternal-jihad
I would just create a general topic with only one category...

btw it is cool to see young brothers and sisters trying to create a shia forum. I didn't know that the shia community was important in tanzania...

take care

wa salaam
By abuali
Thank you for your input eternal-jihad and Hussaini.

I will create a general category...and lets see how it goes.

Keep posting should you have an idea of any other interesting category that should be created at Ask.Or.Tz

eternal-jihad thanks for your encouragements....we need all the support we can get.
By Hussaini
Another one,

You have a coupleo f category called Irag, Afghanistan palsetine etc. Why dont you create one and called Genral politics and Current events.

Again, let us have few category initially nad build from there..

Hasin, you know me ???

Hussaini.
By abuali
Thanks for your input....

I have created a contemporary issues category....which has a general issues forum as well as a forum about Hijab. Feel free to add more forums if different topics of discussion come to your mind.

Hussaini...I have created a category about Current Affairs...and put all the forums relating to Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine etc into that category. It sure makes it simpler.

Please feel free to make more suggestions. Thats what helps us make the site more usable.

Hussaini...I know you...we had some discussion over the phone regarding the development of an online jobsearch site.
By abuali
After speaking to a few members of Ask!, I have setup private forums for the use of Usergroups.

A Usergroup is a group of registered members at Ask.Or.Tz. When a forum is private for only one Usergroup, only members of that Usergroup can be active in that forum. There can be several usergroups.

For the moment I have created two private forums and two corresponding Usergroups. One is exclusively for women and the other exclusively for men. The moderators of the Forums and Usergroups have added the men to the mens usergroup and the women to the womens usergroup.

This is aimed at enabling both women and men to be able to discuss certain issues among themselves, which they would not want to discuss in the open forums.

Incase you cannot access the forum (Womens' Group for women and Mens' Group for men), please click on the 'Usergroups' link at the top of the page, choose your relevant usergroup, and place a request to join the group. The moderator of the respective group will then do the needful so that you can post in the private forums.
By Talib
s/a,

ask.or.tz is not very famous as of now.. I suggest you advertise your website not only in dar, but all around the world so that youths all over the world can come together and share and discuss...

TP
By abuali
A/S

Thank you for your suggestion Talib. Its definitely an excellent idea...and god willing we will do it soon.

This website is ours...it belongs to us, the YOUths and elders alike, who use our valuable time and visit it to post our questions, comments, thoughts, ideas and answers to the many issues that are discussed.

We are still new...eight days to be precise since officially announced...

The forum has been started by youths from Dar...and I feel that we should first build a strong local membership, and then go worldwide. Although the growth may be slow, but it will be more sustainable, since it will be comprising of a local community.

I also feel that the best way to spread the word is word-of-mouht recommendations. Hence I request everyone to spread the word about Ask to their friends and families in any way they can.

However, I have to agree that advertising it all over the world is something we have to do sooner or later. Please post suggestions on how best we can do so.
By fazeleh
salaamun alaykum

Ask is doing a wonderful job and its a great achievement for the community....though i have come to notice that the forums include almost everything except one very important detail of our lives as shia youths....our present Imam Mehdi (a.t.f.s)...as the saying of the Holy Prophet(p.b.u.h) goes "whoever dies without the knowledge of their Imam dies the death of ignorance"......we as youths of today and the adults of tomorrow have to prepare ourselves and the coming generations for the arrival of this personality...so it would be really great to b able to discus ways to prepare ourselves....our duties n responsibilities in this time and era and concerned issues with other youths

Ask is doing a great job keep it up

Jazakallah...
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam Fazeleh

At the foremost, my deepest appreciation for your kind words.

I am very sorry about the delay in my reply. I havent been able to spend much time on Ask during the last week due to other commitments.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been thinking about your idea. Tell me if the following idea sounds good: -

We create a category on the 14 infallibles, and within a forum for each infallible. How does that sound?

Let me get feedback from all users here, and I will go ahead with creating the forums.
Last edited by abuali on 21 Nov 2004, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline