Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Salaam Alaykum

The Ask admin team, in an effort to make constant cosmetic changes to the look and feel of Ask, is proposing to have a logo of Ask for each month of the Islamic Calendar...and maybe even for each grand occassion in the Islamic Calendar

For example, the current Ask logo with the crescent and star was chosen for the Holy Month of Ramadhan.

Similarly, a logo can be made specifically for 15 Shaaban for the occassion related to it. Also logos can be made for the remaining 11 months of the Islamic calendar.

We want everyone to participate in this activity. We will have a small sort of competition. Each member will be able to put forward their designed logos by posting them under this topic (if you dont know how to upload your logo to be able to display it here, please contact Ali - ali at ask.or.tz). At the end of the competition, a poll will be setup where Ask members will vote on which logo should be used for the next month and so on. The logo that gets the most votes will then be used.

Hence, the first competition will be to design a logo for the month of Shawwal

I have uploaded three files that may be useful: -

Ask logo in MS Word 200kb

Ask logo in AI format 8kb

'Palatino Linotype' font (which is used for the upside down, mirrored ? of Ask) so that those who dont have it can download it.

Palatino Linotype 479kb

You can make the original Ask logo yourself too. A and k are simply Times New Roman, bolded. The upside down question mark is a font called 'Palatino Linotype' and the question mark has been rotated by 180 degrees and then mirrored.

The deadline for submitting the logos for Shawwal will be Saturday 21 October. the poll will be up on Sunday 22 October and the logo will be put up on 1 Shawwal, inshallah.

Let the competition begin...

Oh and did I mention...the logo that will be placed will also carry the name of the designer 'designed by so and so' :)
Last edited by abuali on 13 Sep 2010, 07:40, edited 4 times in total. Reason: to add Palatino Linotype font download link
By Muhammad Mahdi
uhh.. I did submit.

That file sharing link I provided had a place where you could download the image I "stole"
By abuali
Excellent work Atika

I am posting the jpgs of your designs below for the benefit of all members.

Only one thing...try and use the same font settings as the original ask logo (explained in my first post) so that there is only a slight change in each logo which makes it stand out.

I liked your designs very much!

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline