Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A special forum created for the purpose of the Editorial Team of BIZ Magazine ( a production of Ask) to discuss, organize and work on the BIZ Magazine project. To apply for joining the team please contact Hasin
By abuali
This forum is dedicated to discussions related to the 'Sports Arena' of each issue that shall be the responsibility of Aliabbas Manji.

Aliabbas: Please put forward your ideas and topics for next few issues and anything else that you want to share in relation to the Sports Arena.
Last edited by abuali on 05 Nov 2006, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
By Muhammad
it can b about some weird (not really...lol.) but mayb abt some sports which not many are familiar with..or mayb some tips and tricks about a sport..or the science of sports can be the best...
By Muhammad Mahdi
manji2005

perhaps the brother and Ali can do it together
By manji2005
Taekwondo is modern martial arts from Korea. It is charactarised by its fast, high & spinning kicks. It has two promoting foundations that are :- ITF (international taekwondo federation) & WTF (world taekwondo federation)

Modern-day Taekwondo is influenced by many other Martial Arts. The most important of these arts is Japanese Karate. This is because Japan dominated Korea during 1910 until the end of World War II. During WWII, lots of Korean soldiers were trained in Japan. During this occupation of Korea, the Japanese tried to erase all traces of the Korean culture, including the martial arts. The influence that Japan has given to Taekwondo are the quick, lineair movements, that characterize the various Japanese systems.

In the year 2000, it made its debut as an official olmpic sport.

There are multiple interpretations of the name taekwondo. Taekwondo is often translated as 'the way of hand and foot.

Others are:-
•Tae='to strike or block with the foot' or 'to kick', it also means 'jump'
•K'won='Fist', 'to strike or block with hand'
•Do='The way of' or 'art'.

Put this together and Taekwondo means: "The art of Kicking and Punching" or "The art of unarmed combat".
8)
By manji2005
I also had some facts abt Tennis I thought i should share:-

-The very first Wimbledon Championship was in 1877 when it was watched by some 200 spectators. In 1999 it was broadcast to 174 countries, with an estimated global audience of 1 billion people.

-British Player Greg Rusedski has the world's fastest serve, clocked at a staggering 149 mph( Now thats quick :shock: ). In 1999 he served 685 aces, accounting for 79% of all his points for the year.

-Slazenger has provided every tennis ball for The Championships Wimbledon since 1902. :D

-Tennis Equipment has changed drastically over the years. Early wooden rackets were replaced with graphite alternatives and the very last wooden racket used in a Championship was at Wimbledon in 1988. :roll:

-Serena William's favourite place to visit is the mirror in her house, whilst her sister Venus claims her favourite place is anywhere that accepts credit cards!! :idea:
By manji2005
TEnnis:-

The origins of tennis is still a bit of a mystery. Some people believe the game is a variation of different ancient ball games played by Egyptians, Greeks and Romans

Other people believe it was derived from a roman game called "harpastum", and was adapted in the Basque country, where it was named "jeu do paume" because the ball was hit onto a wall with the hands. :?

Starting in the sixteenth century and continuing until the mid eighteenth century, tennis rackets of varying shapes and sizes were introduced.

The 1st tennis balls were made of leather stuffed with wool or hair. They were hard enough to cause a serious injury and could even kill someone.:shock:
By Muhammad Mahdi
well, I am not much into sports...
Are people interested in Tennis?
By manji2005
From wht i kno quiet a lot r interested in tennis.
BUT
certainly not as much interested in tennis as they r in cricket &/or soccer

I 'll try to find facts abt cricket &/or soccer.
By Shabnam
Salaams

I also think that people are very interested in teniis from what i knw... I was thinking how about talking about wat you can do with a racket? than you can talk about three games... Tennis, squash and badminton... and probably in the next issue u can talk about wat you can do with a ball... than talk about soccer, basketball and volleyball..

Although i donno if the page will permit you... and if the idea i gud enuf

Shabnam
By manji2005
Yes it seems to b a very good idea but i guess the space will not allow.
Although v could release it in parts. Depending on how much space v have per issue - which i m not so sure abt.
By Muhammad Mahdi
i think you will have about a page (A5) per issue.

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline