Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A special forum created for the purpose of the Editorial Team of BIZ Magazine ( a production of Ask) to discuss, organize and work on the BIZ Magazine project. To apply for joining the team please contact Hasin
By Muhammad
kewwwwllll...lol..how do u use them again? :oops: :? :?: :!:
By Muhammad Mahdi
very nice :lol:
what happened to the blue one?
By Umm.aly
Its awesome! now colour it purple! :)
By Muhammad
sori..lol.um i was really confused i guess...exams exams!almost done with them!!phew!..i dont think i knew what i was typin..haha..
bt stil i agree on my remarks of it being nicee..haha..i wasnt confused then... :wink:
By abuali
Alhamdulilahi rabbil a'alameen

Biz Issue 4 is out and currently being distributed!

If you have not yet gotten a copy, please contact Br. Mazhar to get a copy for your family.

Br. Muhammad is busy working on new article ideas...

We can do the same.

More importantly, we need comments, criticisms, ideas and some more ideas
By kulsham
Salaam. I will take a copy ..

What kind of ideas you want hasin?

I can do some drawings and paintings for the pages and for the kids corner.

I can distribute some recipes.
By abuali
I have already kept aside a copy for you

Our aim is now critical: We need to critically read the current issue and decide whether the magazine is appealing to a shia community. Questions to ask are:

1. Would I be interested in picking up the next issue judging from what this issue has?
2. Are the articles and content interesting enough to keep me glued till the end or will i just peruse it and forget about it
3. Does it have content that can appeal to all members of the family i.e male, female, youths, teens, kids, parents etc
and the biggest one

4. How can we make it better? New sections? New writers? New approach? etc

Drawing and painting would be amazing! For each issue we can say illustrate (cartoon) a story from the Quran or ahadith for the benefit of the kids or a story with a moral

Recipes would be great. Even better if they are original i.e the authors own making and hard to find elsewhere. With photos of before and after :)

Yes, we can put competitions. But to encourage people to take part we will need handsome prizes. Any idea who would be willing to sponsor such competitions?
By kulsham
You r right Hasin.. We should make this work and make it better inshallah... let me grab a copy and see how it is... I will surely make cartoons for you.. handsome prizes.. we can get sponsors very easily... do you take sponsors for the magazine? if yes you tell them tht there will be some competition for kids, they will tell you how to take usage of the cash.... I can ask around too if you want...

When's the next issue coming? are these once a year? during muharram only?

I can get original recipes from you... DO you want me to speak with the chefs in DAR? or should i interview one from Kempinsky?
By abuali
Excellent ideas kulsham

Yes, we can take sponsors for the magazine, no problem.

We can even dedicate some space on the competitions page for a small advert of the sponsor, so that they can get some benefit out of it as well.

The prizes we choose depend on the age group we are targeting.

Check around, lets make a list of potential sponsors. We can then approach them with letters and all

[if you think you can be helpful in marketing or gathering information of home-businesses in our community for our bizectory, please contact Quratulain]

Currently, we have it twice a year. The next one is due in Rajab.

Which means we need to have everything ready by early April

For the recipes, ideally if we can get them from a shia chef or person it would be great

An interview would be wonderful.

We have been thinking of a business section where a prominent business person within our community is interviewed.

A section where a chef or a housewife is interviewed would also be great!

How about a section where a young kid is interviewed who say did very well in his exams as well as his extra curricular activities?
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline