Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A special forum created for the purpose of the Editorial Team of BIZ Magazine ( a production of Ask) to discuss, organize and work on the BIZ Magazine project. To apply for joining the team please contact Hasin
This forum is dedicated to discussions related to the 'Food for Thought'' section of each issue. This section shall be the responsibility of Minhaal.

Minhaal: Please put forward your ideas and topics for next two issues and anything else that you want to share in relation to the 'Food for Thought' section.
By Muhammad Mahdi
i wrote this some time ago. is it gud enough to be put in the mag

ARE YOU A MURDERER?

‘Little drops of water
little grains of sand
make the mighty ocean
and the pleasant land’

I don’t know how or why it happened. Perhaps it was destined to happen. Actually, it is kinda silly but the thing is, it had never happened before. Well, for the first time in my life, I read the mosque notice board. But, the most important thing was, it changed my life and perhaps it will change yours too. How? Let me tell you.

I read about a Shia youth forum online at http://www.ask.or.tz. Visiting it, I came across an article regarding boycotting Israeli products. I was shocked! How dare one post such absurdity? But I remembered a habit I had learnt after reading ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens’, “Be proactive”. Therefore instead of just sitting around, I took the msn address of the author of the article and added him to my msn list of contacts. I was waiting for his acceptance.

“Muhammad,” was his name, he said; he used “The answer” as his msn nick. Just 3 hours after adding him, he accepted and our online conversations began.

**Me**:
S/A

The answer:
A/S

The answer:
So why did you add me?

**Me**:
Well, after I read your article on ‘Ask’ I felt the need to ask you why you posted such nonsense.

The answer:
Nonsense! Those were not my words. Did you know what Ayatullah Syed Ali Khamenei
has said about boycotting Israel?

**Me**:
What?

The answer:
Sorry I was a bit late in replying, was looking for the exact words. Here they are, "The purchase of any item which helps strengthen Zionism is not permissible ..."

**Me**:
Really? What does Ayatullah Seestani say about it?

The answer:
He says, "It is not permissible for a Muslim to buy products of the countries that are in a state of war with Islam and Muslims, for example, Israel"

**Me**:
O my God! Why didn’t I know about this?

The answer:
Well you do now

**Me**:
Thanks, The answer but I still have some doubts but will be back l8r.

I signed out shocked. I wondered why people never talked about this.

The next day at school, I talked to my Muslim friends about this. Fortunately, my Christian friend Adam was there too and heard what I said.

Adam was not shocked at all and calmly replied that he boycotted Zionists too.

“Huh!” I was surprised.

“Yes,” he said

“Why,” I asked him, “you are not a Muslim”

“So what?” he replied, “Any person with a conscience boycotts Israel and Zionists.”

“And you think it will work?”

“Why not?” he asked back “Didn’t the boycott against the Apartheid system in South Africa work? Did you know,” he continued, “that a group of Christians, ‘Christian Aid’ boycotts Israel and the Zionists too?”

“Really?”

“Yes and some Jews too.”

“Ah, that can’t be true!”

“Well, I don’t actually remember the names, but if my memory serves me right, Gush Shalom and B’Tselem, Jewish companies, boycott the illegal occupation of Israel too.”

I was dumbfounded. Jews and Christians, without any obligations, boycotting, and me, a Muslim, with my brothers at stake, not doing so.

To know more about the boycott, I visited my online buddy, The answer.

**Me**:
What else can you tell me?

The answer:
Watcha wanna know?

**Me**:
Well, what‘s the use of the boycott if our money finally through one means or another supports Israel?

The answer:
Mother Teresa said,” If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed one.” Does that answer your question?

**Me**:
Yes. Perhaps you could help me with this.

The answer:
Fire on.

**Me**:
Well, I read about some companies. These companies operate in Muslim countries. Boycotting will cost Muslims their jobs.

The answer:
True, but the advantages of boycotting outweigh the harms. Take for instance the case of
. It suffered to the extent that its sales in the Middle East dropped by 60%. Hence Zam-Zam cola, a Muslim company emerged.

**Me**:
But does the boycott work? I mean, a bottle of Coke doesn’t even amount to the price of a single bullet.

The answer:
Consider this scenario. Your mum is being held hostage but the criminals do not have bullets in their guns. They are waiting to get money to buy some bullets. Will you contribute even a cent? Of course not.
And yes, the boycott works. Like I told you earlier, Coca-Cola sales dropped by 60%. A Total of 175 Mc Donald’s closed down through out the world and suffered a loss of $350 million.

**Me**:
Wow. Sorry to ask, but you got any proof?

The answer:
Visit http://www.inminds.co.uk. There is a whole list of products and what they did to deserve this punishment.

**Me**:
Thanks a lot. Will do so.

I did visit the site and I learnt a lot. I learnt that products like Nokia, Revlon, Nestle and some more, take money from Muslims’ pockets and kill Muslims using that money.

And finally, I learnt the wisdom in Agha’s words.

I am now part of the group which follows Agha’s command and Imam (atfs)’s at large. I guess the notice board was a blessing in disguise.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline