Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Our communities and daily lives are ridden with many unIslamic temptations and deviations. Yet plenty are practiced openly.
By *Fatemah*
salaamz...does baackground music intoxicate your mind in any way and if so....how???....and can we hum tunes from music while we are fasting...???...NEED HELP...
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam Fatemah

As per your post, I assume you are inquiring whether background music is haraam and whther humming tunes are haraam

Music is Haraam(except for some kinds of music...please refer to the discussions under the other forums about Music). Hence listening to background music is also Haraam. God knows best.

Humming tunes, even while not fasting is Haraam! Humming itself implies that the music is intoxicating...because it makes you feel like humming the tune.

I am doing some research in this area and will post anything I come across.

Do not hesitate to ask any more questions that you may have...or anything that is not clear.
By *Fatemah*
Okay....thnx alot for yr reply!!!...it sure cleared some "misunderstandings"...please let me know once ure done wid ure search...there is aaanother question which has arised n which i m not sure about....is reciting of a munajaat in a type of a song beat considered haraam????....i hope u know what i mean... :roll:

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline