Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Relationships are a complex and sensitive emotional, social, and religious area. This forum is open for you to post your problems. You can post in this forum as a Guest, without logging in, if you dont want others to know who you are. Or you can pm 'hasin' the administrator, with the problem. If need be, a relevant scholar will be contacted (without him being given any names) so that we can get correct guidance.
By fsl96
I was jogging one day and i noticed a person in front of me, about 1/4 of mile.

I could tell he was running a little slower than me and i thought good, i shall try to catch him.
i had about a mile to go my path before i needed to turn off.
So i started running faster and faster. Every block, i was gaining on him little by bit.

After just a few minutes i was about only hundred yards behind him, so i really picked up the pace and push myself. you would have thought i was running in the last leg of london olympic competition. i was determined to catch him.

Finally, I did it!
i caught and passed by him. on the inside i felt so good. "I beat him" of course, he dint even know we were racing.

After i passed him, i realized that i had been so focused on competing against him that i had missed my turn, i had gone nearly six blocks passed it. i had to turn around and go all back.

isn't that what happens in life when we focus on competing with coworkers, friends, neighbors, family trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important

we spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to god given destines. the problem with unhealthy competition is a never ending cycle.

there will always be someone ahead of you, someone with better job, car, more money, more education , a handsome husband, a pretty wife, well behaved children.

But realize that,
"You can be the best, you can be, you are competing with no one."

Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention of what other people are doing, where others are going, wearing, eating, driving

Take what god has given you, the weight, your height and personality

Run your own race and wish others well :)
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline