Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Relationships are a complex and sensitive emotional, social, and religious area. This forum is open for you to post your problems. You can post in this forum as a Guest, without logging in, if you dont want others to know who you are. Or you can pm 'hasin' the administrator, with the problem. If need be, a relevant scholar will be contacted (without him being given any names) so that we can get correct guidance.
By Sayyeda
I came across this story, and would like to share it with all of you!

After 21 years of marriage, I discovered a new way of keeping alive the spark of love. A little while ago I started to go out with another woman. It was really my wife's idea. "I know that you love her," she said one day, taking me by surprise. "But I love YOU," I protested. "I know, but you also love her." The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my mother who has been a widow for 19 years. The demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.

That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. "What's wrong, are you okay?" she asked. My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. "I thought that it would be nice to spend some time with you," I responded. "Just the two of us?" She thought about it for a moment, then said, "I would like that very much."

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up. I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house I noticed that she too seemed to be nervous about our "date." She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's. "I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son and they were impressed," she said as she got into the car. "They can't wait to hear about our meeting."

We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could only read large print. Half way through the entrees I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips. "It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small," she said. "Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I responded.

During the dinner we had an agreeable conversation, nothing extraordinary, but catching up on recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed. "How was your dinner date?" asked my wife when I got home. "Very nice. Much more than I could have imagined," I answered.

A few days later my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her. Some time later I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place my mother and I had dined.
An attached note read: "Son, I paid this bill in advance. I was almost sure that I couldn't be there, but nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you." At that moment I understood the importance of saying "I LOVE YOU" and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve.

Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve,because these things cannot be put off till "some other time."
By Sayyeda
Another atricle I came across... Happy reading!

A Tribute to Mothers

Those of you who still have your mothers with you, this is something to ponder and to witness as your life unfolds. Those of you who, no longer have your mothers with you,this may be something that sparks a memory for you. Those of you who are mothers, this is something for you to think about as you move through life with your children. Those who have no children, this is something to think about when you encounter children along your life's path -- you know mothering is not relegated to a biological parent only!!

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said: "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed them in the clear streams; and the sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then the night came, and the storm, and the path was dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children, "A little patience and we are there." So the children climbed, and when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."

And the mother, when she lay down at night looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today, I have given them strength."

And the next day came strange clouds which darkened the earth, clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children groped and stumbled, and the mother said: "Look up. Be Brave, Allah is with us." And the children realised, and became firm, and it guided them beyond the darkness. And that night the Mother said, "This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children the awareness of the Almighty."

And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she was little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage.

And when the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill, and beyond they could see that her time had come to return to her Lord. And mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them." And the children said, "You will always be with us, Mother, even when you have gone to Allah." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, her eyes closed entering the next stage in life's journey. And they said: "We cannot see her no-more, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence." Your Mother is always with you.

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop. She's the place you came from, your first home, your best friend, your keeper of your secrets, always on your side; always to protect you; always to love you. And nothing on earth can separate you.. Not time, not space...not even death!
Salutations...............Salutations...............Salutations

To all our mothers. May we never take you for granted.
By Zuly
"It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small," she said. "Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I responded.

At that moment I understood the importance of saying "I LOVE YOU" and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve
Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve,because these things cannot be put off till "some other time
for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today, I have given them strength."
This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children the awareness of the Almighty."
"
We cannot see her no-more, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence." Your Mother is always with you.
Very Good Article :cry: :cry: :cry:
By Muhammad Mahdi
very good eye opening article

Mothers are very important
By imz
Poem for a Mother

I'd give her my life just so that
she'd live longer
I'd give her my strength
to make her stronger

I'd take away her tears
so that she'd never cry
I'd take away her frowns
so that her smile could never die

I'll always be there for her
when ever she needs me
If I could I'd give her happy thoughts
that only she could see

Though one of these days
she'll be gone
she'll always be my mom
with every day that goes on
By Guest
Lovely poem... :)

But not everyone thinks that way... unfortunately some find parents to be a burden! :cry:
By imz
er.. yeah regret to say that but many find parents to be a burden not only during early teens but all along the way. guess ther is always a turning point in any ones life whereby you actually realize how much they mean to you although many people dont even bother.... well they're the real loosers arent they...

luv u mum n dad!!
By Sayyeda
Lovely poem... :)

But not everyone thinks that way... unfortunately some find parents to be a burden! :cry:

Hey I posted that... but I guess I forgot to log in! :oops: (Rojo iyo :P )
By Sayyeda
imz wrote:
er.. yeah regret to say that but many find parents to be a burden not only during early teens but all along the way. guess ther is always a turning point in any ones life whereby you actually realize how much they mean to you although many people dont even bother.... well they're the real loosers arent they...

luv u mum n dad!!

True... they're the real loosers...
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline