Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Relationships are a complex and sensitive emotional, social, and religious area. This forum is open for you to post your problems. You can post in this forum as a Guest, without logging in, if you dont want others to know who you are. Or you can pm 'hasin' the administrator, with the problem. If need be, a relevant scholar will be contacted (without him being given any names) so that we can get correct guidance.

Is Friendship the Best Relationship?

Yes
73%
No
27%
By keenfarhan
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that friendship is the best of all relationships... some people agree with this saying its majorly because we get to choose our friends while other relations may be just given to us... while others disagree...

What do the ask members think?

Also it is sometimes said that friendship is supposed to be at the base of every relationship.. do you think this is appropriate and why or why not?
By kulsham
:roll:

i have voted yes. i don't know why but i think it is one of the best and not the best.
By FatemaC
I voted Yes and that is because what you said was true friendship is the base of any relationship as it helps know someone better from the inside. Frankly speaking relationships like love that lead to marriage arent as succeful if they hadnt started with friendship because in friendship you tend to know someone very well then you can love and get married but relationships without friendships r like you dunno sum1 but u date them (pretty sure nt allowed in Islam), and while dating you not ready to hear/see the truth abt the opposite sex and therefore when tehy get married it doesnt work out and the reasosns are like she/he wasnt wat i expected! Is that true? I believe and therefore i believe that friendships are the base of any relationships!!!! TC
By keenfarhan
I think ur right ... thanx for posting though... its been a long time since someone replied... the problem is that in today's world a lot of the people have forgotten the meaning and essence of true friendship... i think its pretty sad... when it can be the best relation ever...
By FatemaC
Yap yopu are right! many people take friendship for granted, if only they knew what friendship really was they would not have done this. Many people say love has no meaning but i have to say it aint love, its friendship that has no meaning!!!
By keenfarhan
Im talking abt friendship in general... its so underestimated and used mainly only for advantage... i wonder why this question came to ur mind hasin? ke just making sure?
By FatemaC
Now that Hasin asked this question, we can talk about it and lemme start! Are we allowed to talk to guys as in a friendship relation??? Because, i asked Sayyid Ammar and he said no, we are onli allowed to talk to guys when we have work and not like tease ans spend time together. Is this true?
Last edited by FatemaC on 17 Apr 2007, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
By keenfarhan
Frankly speaking when i started this poll i was just asking abt friendship between guys and guys and girls and girls... plus i was advocating friendship to be the basis of every relationship u know... parents children and stuff like that... i just seem to think if we are friends we tend to understand each other much better...

Even as far as inter-gender is concerned... though m not advocating it... who doesnt do it these days u know... so keep the lines intact and respect the relation
By Amreen
i think frndship is a best relationship...coz u they r the ones who r like u...n think like uu...
By Muntazir
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Rahim

As Salaamu 'aleykum

Innal-mawaadata yu'abbaru 'anhallasaanu wa 'anilhabbatil'aynaan. <Gher al-Hokm - Jeld 2 - Page 511>

Be rosty ke dusty ra zabaane azhaar konad, vali mohabbat ra chashmon.

Friendshsip is expressed by tongue, and love is shown through eyes.
By FatemaC
Wah Wah! Great quote...
By smma59
i voted yes but not for friendship with na mahram.

Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Fazel Lankarani Said..

Q1: Is it permissible for a girl to chat with a na-mahram on the internet?
A1: If there is a fear that a girl or a boy may be drawn towards sin, it is not permissible. Normally chatting ends up in a sin for both sides.

Q2: Is it permissible for a boy to have a girl friend?

A2: It is not permissible for a boy to make girl friends as he might fall into a sin or indulge in sinful acts.
you can refer http://www.lankarani.org/eng/index.html

Reply Of Nayab Ayatullah Sistani Huujatul islam Sayyid mooswi

Question: salamunalikum is chatting on net with na mahram is haram? i am in taqleed of ayatullah seestani? Ah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Assalamu alaikum wr wb Chatting with Na Mahram is Haraam , whether online or on phone or face to face, or by writting letters or emails, etc, unless it is in a necessary matter like learning essential skils, taking medical or legal advice, etc. Wassalamu alaikum wr wb
Ref: http://www.themaliks.co.uk/wabil/asp/vi ... p?faq=3111

Question: there was a question of are we allowed to talk to brothers on msn and you answered as no. but wat if that brother was a cousin or family friend from overseas and you want to ask how everything is going? and are we completly forbidden to talk to them (males) or only about unlawful topics? wat if u want to talk about wat they want to do for their weekend?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Assalamu alaikum wr wb Talking with opposite sex is allowed in necessary matters and not just chatting and passing time. It is Haraam to talk in any way which may lead to intimate feeling from any of them. Wassalamu alaikum wr wb
http://www.themaliks.co.uk/wabil/asp/vi ... p?faq=3041

Rulings of Grand Ayatullah Sistani

Social Interaction

Q5) Can males and females work together in an organization or not?

A5) If there is fear of falling in sin, it is not permissible.

Q6) I was wondering if it is haram to go to a party where girl's as well as boys attend. The girls may be dressed inappropriately but no drinking is involved?

A6) Based on obligatory precaution, it is not permissible, unless an illicit act is not carried out.
Q7) I wanted to know about friendship norms in Islam about females?

A7) Friendship with her is not permissible. Because in such friendship man is not immune from sin.
Q9) Are shaking of hands with girls allowed?

A9) It is not permissible.
http://www.babulilm.com/web/New/mixedgathering.ram

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline