Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Relationships are a complex and sensitive emotional, social, and religious area. This forum is open for you to post your problems. You can post in this forum as a Guest, without logging in, if you dont want others to know who you are. Or you can pm 'hasin' the administrator, with the problem. If need be, a relevant scholar will be contacted (without him being given any names) so that we can get correct guidance.

Is Friendship the Best Relationship?

Yes
73%
No
27%
By abuali
FatemaC, farhan

The problem is 'friendship' has taken many forms these days. Unfortunately most of them are selfish.

Should we need to look at the pinnacle of friendship, we should perhaps look at Habib ibn Mazahir and his response and action upon receiving the letter of his childhood friend, Imam Hussain (AS).

The friendship was based on 'qurbatan ilallah'

I think thats the secret
By abuali
This topic is too interesting to die a premature death.

Reading all the posts retrospectively, i think we were getting somewhere.

Farhan, you were driving a point, that whatever relationship there is, friendship is a part of it. Its the friendliness we feel for one another that makes our relationships fruitful.

I agree.

However, it is also true that quite a few times our reasons for choosing friends and become friendly are selfish.

How else can we explain not being friendly towards parents/children, spouse, domestic workers etc
By fsl96
Frienship is a good relation depending on which friends we choose.
Not for Selfish reason
Not for selfish people

But for whom Allah Loves
who takes you at the right path
For what you do is for the sake of the lord

U need to check the background of that person before making her your best friend. trust me, you dnt want her to spill your secrets out.

True Friends like habib ibn mazahir hard to find
true friends like Qambar are hard to find
True friends like Jaabir are hard to find

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline