Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By fsl96
Muharram, a time of sadness and sorrow. This is because our imam Hussein (a.s) sacrificed his life for our deen Islam. Every year we are reminded of his bravery and love for humanity through the 10 days in which a sheikh tells us his story. We are reminded of his courage, because society seems to forget what a valiant man done for us a long time ago, therefore they should understand we shouldn’t take Islam for granted!

What imam Hussein (a.s) has taught me and the countless thousands that surround me is that, Islam is the beauty of life. His sacrifice gives us confidence, when we remember his actions for Islam and how they roared louder than the tyrants of his day and age, we believe we can do the same.

What does it mean to you?
LETS SHARE IT OUT IN THIS FORUM
By fsl96
IT MEANS BLESSING
According to some narrator:

1. Prophet Adam (pbuh) was born and entered the Paradise on 10th of Muharram.
2. Prophet Ayyub (pbuh) was cured from his illness.
3. A way was made in the sea for Bani Israel.
4. Prophet Suleman (pbuh) was ordained King.
5. The oceans and heavens were created. (Tanbihul-Gaafileen)
By fsl96
Muharam is the victory of good against evil.

REASON: Yazid l.a demanded allegiance from Husain – he knew too well that the acceptance of the entire Muslim community was of no value without Hussain’s acceptance. In reply to this unacceptable demand, Hussain majestically replied:

“a person like me can never pledge allegiance to a
person like him”,

thereby highlighting the universality of the principles from which his stand stemmed from. Hussain rose to restore freedom, peace, equality and justice; qualities which the Divine Message had perfected but were constantly undermined by those who hijacked religion and acted in its name. In a will which he wrote before leaving Medina, Hussain wrote;

“I have risen as I seek to reform the community of my
grandfather. I wish to bid the good and forbid the evil.”
By fsl96
MUHARRAM IS A VICTORY OF TRUTH

RESULT: Umayyad military gain victory physically but within 3 years Yazid died and after a few decades the rule of Banu Umayya crumbled and came to an end. Being such a big king (of that time) there is no mark of Yazid grave & not a single follower.

Husayn ibn Ali is still alive in the hearts of Humanity millions of devotees who pay homage to them and renew, through their message, their
eternal struggle against humiliation and oppression by visiting the Imam Hussein Shrine regularly & especially in Muharram on the Day of Ashura, the anniversary of Husayn ibn Ali’s death.
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline