Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.

Have you been to Haj yet?

Yes
80%
No
20%
(bismillah)
(salam)

With the Haj season fast approaching, those among us blessed to be preparing for the Haj must have already begun or will soon start preparing themselves for the visit to the house of Allah(swt).

The preparations can be daunting and confusing.

This thread will be full of resources that can assist hujjaj in their research and planning, inshallah.

If you have any books, videos, articles that you wish to share, please do post them in the appropriate section and let me know by PM so that I can include them in this thread as well.

A request to those who do step on the holy lands of Madina & Mecca, do remember us in your prayers.

Jazakallah
Spiritual Aspects of Haj in the Quran and Sunnah translated by Abbas Jaffer

Translated and Adapted from:
The Most Glorious Rite of Worship
by Ayatullāh Nāsir Makārim Shīrāzī and
Dr ‘Abd al-Karīm Bi-āzār Shīrāzī
and
Al-Mahajjat al-Baydā' fī Tahdhīb al-Ihyā’
by Mullā Muhsin Fayd al-Kāshānī
Hajj Rituals according the edicts of Sayyid Sistani
http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=47
The above site contains the following:
Obligation to perform Hajj
Conditions which make Hajjatul Islam obligatory
Making a will regarding pilgrimage
The rules on pilgrimage by proxy (Niyabah)
Various kinds of Umrah
Optional pilgrimage
Types of Hajj
Hajj-ut-Tamatu
Hajj-ul-Ifraad
Meqats for wearing ihram
Ihram procedure
Prohibitions during Ihram
Matters forbidden within (The Haram)
Boundaries of Haram
Tawaf
Obligations of Tawaf
Stepping out of the bounds of Tawaf
Irregularities in Tawaf
Tawaf prayer
Obligations of Sa'y
Rules of Sa'y
Taqseer
Ihram for Hajj
Wuquf at Arafat
Wuquf at Muzdalifah
Mina and the obligations there
Sacrificing an animal at Mina
Shaving the head and Taqseer
Tawaf-Un-Nisa and its prayer
Wuquf at Mina
Rami of Jamarat
Persons prevented from performing Hajj
Recommended acts and supplications
Below are lectures on the "Essence of Ziyarat' by Sheikh Razi

These will be very beneficial for the ziyarat of the holy personalities buried in Madina

Audio - MP3

Essence of Ziyarat Part 1 [14MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 2 [18MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 3 [17MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 4 [19MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 5 [15MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 6 [20MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 7 [20MB]
Essence of Ziyarat Part 8 [19MB]
The following is from sistani.org

Dialogue on Hajj

My father spoke of his experience of his first pilgrimage in a way akin to someone who had remembered a true love. I could see his true feeling in the twinkle of his eyes, the smile on his face, and the reverence of his words.

When I told him what I had noticed of his state, when he recalled that experience, he said to me:

Yes, son, “Haven’t you recited the words of The Sublime, “And when We made the House a pilgrimage for men and a (place of) security..”. (2/125). And His words, quoting His Prophet Ibrahim (a.s.), “O our Lord! surely I have settled a part of my offspring in a valley unproductive of fruit near Thy Sacred House, our Lord! that they may keep up prayer; therefore make the hearts of some people yearn towards them and provide them with fruits; haply they may be grateful”. (14/37).

My heart longs for that Sacred House.

My father cast his eyes down and, in a soft and melodious voice, recited poetry in praise of the Prophet (s.a.w.) and remembrance of the Holy places he had visited on his first pilgrimage. Raising his eyes, and addressing me, he said, “My maiden hajj left an indelible mark in my heart, the memory of which is rekindled every year, especially, at the time of hajj. I always pray to the Almighty to grace me with the favour of making the trip to Mekkah time and again.

There I interjected and asked him:

* Is it obligatory that you go to hajj more than once?

- No, it is obligatory to do hajj once, provided you can afford it. Allah says in His Holy Book, “.. and pilgrimage is incumbent on men for the sake of Allah, (on) every one who is able to undertake the journey to it..” (3/97).

Any number of pilgrimages made after the first one is mustahab.

* Would you tell me the story of your first pilgrimage, which is so close to your heart?

- I went to “al-Juhfa”, one of the mawaqeet (sites appointed by Islamic sharia law for pilgrims to wear their ihram). After I took off my clothes, I made niyyah for umrah tamatu’, leading to hajj, seeking the pleasure of and closeness to Allah, I put on my ihram (special two-piece seamless attire worn by pilgrims. Also, the state of consecration during which the pilgrim refrains from certain acts, such as not combing, not shaving, and observing sexual continence). One of these two white garments is worn like a sarong, and the other used to cover the shoulder and the upper body. I, then, chanted the talbiya.

No sooner had I uttered the word “Labbayk”, shivers went down my spine. I was in a serene state of mind that was triggered by a kind of devotion I never experienced before. It was an experience of fear and submission to the Creator.

The other acts you are forbidden from, once you enter the state of consecration are: a) looking into the mirror for dressing, b) protecting oneself against the sun [and rain], c) covering one’s head, d) wearing sewn clothes and socks, and e) some other acts, as detailed in the books of jurisprudence.

* And after ihram, what did you do?

- I headed towards Holy Mekkah, in a state of tahara, to do seven rounds of tawaf around the Old House (Ka’ba), starting each round from the Black Stone. Having completed tawaf, I said a two-ruku’ prayer behind the station of Prophet Ibrahim (a.s.).

I then went for Sa’y (seven laps of brisk walking between the mounds of Safa and Marwah - an obligatory part of hajj rituals), starting from Safa.

On completing the seventh lap, I made taqseer, by cutting some of my hair. By this act, I completed the Umrah of Hajj. Thereafter, I took off my ihram and waited for the 8th day of Thil Hijja “Yawmut Tarwiyah - Lit. satisfying thirst or giving attention, i.e. when Ibrahim (a.s.) gave attention to the vision wherein he was instructed to sacrifice his son Ismael”. On that day, I wore my ihram, in Mekkah this time, after making niyyah for hajj, said the talbiyah, and headed for Arafat, aboard an open top vehicle. I had to do wuquf (devotional stay at Arafat, Mash’ar and Mina as part of hajj rituals). This was performed at the start of noon of the 9th of Thil Hijja till sunset.

Leaving Arafat, after sunset, I set out for “Muzdalifa” and stayed overnight, for I had to be there at the sunrise of the 10th of Thil Hijja. After sunrise, I set out for “Mina”. With me were stones I gathered during my stay at Muzdalifa. In Mina, I had to perform three types of obligations:

1. Throwing seven stones successively at Jamarah of al-Aqabah (Pl. Jamarat: Places of the three stone slabs representing the devil, at Mina).

2. Slaughtering sacrificial offering at Mina.

3. Shaving my head at Mina.

On completing these acts, I came out of the state of ihram, whereby I could do certain acts that were forbidden to me before, except seeking lawful pleasure with women, wearing perfume, [and hunting]. Thereafter, I headed for Mekkah for the second time to do tawaf of hajj, say tawaf prayer, and do sa’y between Safa and Marwah, in exactly the same way I did, on my arrival at Mekkah. Having completed that, I performed tawafun nisa’ (lit. women’s circumambulation: an integral part of hajj devotion, after which and its prayer, sexual relations between man and wife returns to normal).

I, then, returned to Mina to stay the overnight of the 11th and the 12th of Thil Hijja till the afternoon of the 12th. On each of these two days, I performed the ritual of throwing stones at the three Jamarat, the first, the one in the middle, and al-Aqaba, in this order.

Come midday of the twelfth of Thil Hijja, while still at Mina, I said Dhuhr prayer and left for Mekkah. Thus, I performed all the prescribed duties of hajj.

Despite the crowds and sweltering heat, which took their toll on me, I ensured that I executed all the obligations called for correctly. Hajj is a solemn occasion for seeking closeness to Allah Almighty through prayer, devotion and sincere rectitude.

Afterwards, I left Mekkah for Madina where I paid homage to the holy shrine of Prophet Mohammad (s.a.w.) and the tombs of Fatima az-Zahra’ and Imams al-Hassan, Ali bin al-Hussain, Mohammad al-Baqir, and Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) at al-Baqi’ cemetery.

I, also, visited historic mosques, the tomb of al-Hamza, the Prophet’s uncle, and other sacred sites around Madina.

This, in short, was the story of my first pilgrimage. When the time comes that you can afford the journey to Mekkah after you have paid zakat and khums that render your property and other worldly possessions pure, I’ll explain to you, in some detail, every step you should take. May Providence grace you with making pilgrimage to His House.

* Before we end this dialogue, could I ask you about those religious dues that, as you put it, purify one’s property.

- Not now, for talking of zakat and khums could take some time. However, I’m going to dedicate separate dialogues for each one of them, Inshallah (God Willing).

* Very well, father. Do I take it that you are going to talk to me about zakat next time round, then about khums?

- If you so choose. Inshallah .

* Inshallah.

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
Imam Zainul Abedin's conversation with his companion Shibli (who had just returned from Haj)

Imam: Did you go for Hajj O shibli?
Shibli: Yes O son of the Messenger of Allah

Imam: Did you stop at the miqaat and put away the sewn clothes and perform the sacred bath?
Shibli: Yes

Imam: When you stopped at miqaat did you make the intention that you are taking off the clothes of disobedience and putting on the clothes of obedience?
Shibli: No

Imam: And when you had taken off your sewn clothes did you make the intention that you had taken off hypocrisy and entering dubious acts?

Imam: And when you took the bath did you have the intention that you are washing yourself from all sins and errors?
Imam You did not stop at Miqaat, nor did you take off sewn clothes nor did you perform the sacred bath.

Imam: Did you cleanse yourself and put on Ihram and fulfil your covenant of Hajj?

Imam: When you did this did you have the intention that you are cleaning yourself with the nurah of the sincere repentance to Almighty Allah the most high?
Shibli:No

Imam When you put on the ihram did you have the intention that you are forbidding yourself everything that Almighty Allah has forbidden?
Shibli: No.

Imam: When you fulfilled the covenant of Hajj did you have the intention that you have nullified all other covenants with other than Allah?
Imam: You did not cleanse yourself nor did you put on the ihram nor did you fulfil the covenant of hajj .

Imam: Did you enter the miqaat and pray the two rakats of the ihram and did you chant Talbiyah

Imam: When you entered the miqaat, did you make the intention of entering as a visitor?

Imam: When you prayed the two rakaats did you make the intention that you are trying to get closer to Allah SWT with the best of acts from the prayers and the biggest of good deeds from the acts of worship?

Imam: When you chanted the Talbiyah did you have the intention that you were talking to almighty Allah with all obedience and keeping quiet from all disobedience?
Imam: You did not enter miqaat nor did you pray nor did you chant the Talbiyah

Imam: Did you enter the Haram and did you see the Kaaba and did you pray there?

Imam: When you entered the Haram did you have the intention that you were prohibiting on yourself all backbiting of all the Muslims from the Nations of Islam?

Imam: And when you reached Makka did you make the intention with your heart that you had come to Almighty Allah SWT?
Imam: You have neither entered Haram nor seen the Kaaba nor prayed.

Imam: Did you go round the house and did you touch the Rukn and did you make Saee?
Shibli: yes

Imam: And when you did the Saee did you have the intention that you were running towards Almighty Allah and did Allah the knower of all secrets know this?
Imam: You did not go round the house nor did you touch rukn nor did you make Saee.

Imam: Did you touch the Hajar e Aswad and did you stand at the Maqame Ibrahim and did you pray two rakats on it?
Shibli:Yes

Here the Imam gave a scream as if he was about to leave this world saying Ah! Ah! Whoever touches the black stone it is as if he has shaken hands with Almighty Allah SWT. So Look O poor chap that you do not destroy the reward of something whose sacredness has been made very great and you do not spoil your Handshake by disobedience and by grasping evil like the sinners.

Then Imam asked: Did you have the intention when you were standing on Maqame Ibrahim that you were are standing on every obedience and that you have put behind you all disobedience?

Imam: When you prayed two rakaats there did you make the intention that you are praying the prayers of Ibrahim and that you are humiliating Shaitan with your prayers?
Imam: You did not stand on Maqame Ibrahim nor did you pray two rakats on it.

Imam: Did you look over the well of Zamzam and did you drink from its water?
Shibli: Yes.

Imam: Did you have the intention when you were looking over the well that you looking at obedience to Almighty Allah and closing your eyes from all disobedience?
Imam: You did not look over it nor did you drink from it's water.

Imam: Did you run between Safa and Marwa and did you walk between it repeatedly?
Shibli:Yes.

Imam: Did you have the intention that you were between hope and fear?
Imam: You did not run between Safa and Marwa.

Imam:Did you go out to Mina?
Shibli: Yes.

Imam: Did you have the intention that every muslim was safe from your tongue, your heart and your hand?
Shibli: No. You did not go out to Mina.

Imam: Did you stay a short time at arafa and did you climb Jabal AlRahma and did you recognize the wadi of Namira and did to supplicate to Almighty Allah near Al-Mil and Al-Jamaraat?

Imam: Did you conceive by your stay in Arafa the gnosis (Irfan) of Almighty Allah SWT and the knowledge of good things and acts; and did you conceive that your book of deeds was in the hands of Allah and that Allah had full knowledge of your secrets and what is in your heart?

Imam: And when you climbed the Jabal AL rahma did you have the intention that Almighty Allah may have mercy on all believing men and all believing women and that He will help all Muslim men and women?

Imam: Did you have the intention at wadi Namira that you would not enjoin good until you practice it yourself and you would not forbid evil until you leave it yourself?

Imam: and when you stopped at alam and Al-amirat did you have the intention that they were witnessing all your acts of worship and that they were guarding you together with guardian angels by the order of Almighty Allah?
Shibli No
Imam: then you did not stay at Arafat nor did you go up the Mountain of Mercy nor did you recognize the wadi of Namirah nor did you supplicate to Almighty Allah.

Imam: Did you pass between the two columns pray two rakah before crossing, go to Muzdalifah pick up pebbles and cross the Mash'arul Haram?

Imam: When you prayed the two Rakats, did you have the intention that you were praying the prayer of thanksgiving within the ten nights which removes every hardship and facilitates every ease?

Imam: At the time of passing between the two columns without deviating to the right or the left did you have the intention that you would never deviate from the true religion to the right or the left neither with your heart, tongue nor with your limbs?

Imam: When you walked through Muzdalifah and picked up the pebbles did you have the intention that you have plucked all acts of disobedience and ignorance and that you had affirmed knowledge and action?

Imam: Then when you walked in the Mash'aril Haram did you have the intention that you had embossed your heart with the identification of those who have taqwa and fear of Almighty Allah the Most High?
Shibli:No.
Imam: Then you did not pass between the two columns nor did you pray the two rakah,nor walked into Muzdalifah, nor picked up the pebbles nor walked in the Mash'arul Haram.

Imam: Did you arrive at Mina, throw stones at the Jamarah and did you shave your head and slaughter the sacrifice and did you pray in Masjid al-Kheef and did you. return to Makka and perform the Tawaf of Ifadha (return) to Makka?

Imam: When you reached Mina and pelted the jamaraat did you have the intention that you have attained your goal and your Lord has fulfilled all your needs?

Imam: And when you pelted the Jamaraat did you have the intention that you had pelted your enemy Iblees and by completing this precious Hajj you had disobeyed him?

Imam: And when you shaved your head did you have the intention that you had cleansed yourself from all filth and from all the injustice of the children of Adam and that you had purified yourself from sin just like a new born baby.

Imam: And when you slaughtered your hadiya did you have the intention that you are cutting the artery of greed by holding fast to the reality of piety and that you are following the tradition of Ibrahim A.S. when he was prepared to slighter his son, the fruit of his heart, through which he established the sunna of gaining nearness to Almighty Allah for those who came after him?

Imam: And when you returned to Makka and did the tawaaf of Ifadha did you have the intention that you had come back with the Mercy of Almighty Allah to His obedience and that you had clasped His love that you had performed your duty to Him and had gained nearness to him?

Imam: Then you did not reach Mina nor did you pelt the jamaraat nor did you shave your head nor did you slaughter the hadiya nor did you pray in the Masjid Al-Kheef nor did you return to Makka and perform the tawaaf of Ifadha. Go back because you have not performed Hajj!!

Having heard all this Shibli started to cry because of what he had missed in his Hajj and he continued to learn the secrets of Hajj until he could perform the Hajj through knowledge and understanding.
MY EXPERIENCE OF HAJJATUL ISLAM

How can I ever forget October 12th of 2012 , that was the day when my heart’s greatest desire was being fulfilled, I was embarking upon my first trip to the Holy lands of Makka & Madina. My joy knew no bounds as I recalled how lucky I was to have the opportunity to be amongst those whom Almighty had invited to be his guests.
Before I continue, I wish to point out to the reader that what follows is nothing like a Haji’s diary, in which day to day events are recorded, my aim for writing this article is to point out some of the most important DO’s and DON’T’s that each Haji has to consider and prepare for ,before embarking upon this holy trip.
My write up is especially for creating awareness for the FIRST TIMERS.

(1) EARLY PREPARATION
My foremost advice to those who are going to embark on this Holy Journey for the first time is : Focus on the point that Almighty Allah has made Haj obligatory only once in a lifetime, DO NOT TAKE THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME TRIP FOR GRANTED (remember your first trip is the only chance you have to do your once in a lifetime obligatory HAJ)
You should avail this opportunity to prepare yourselves in such a way that there is no cause for regrets later and believe me, this is not a few weeks or days preparation as most of the HUJJAJS do , BUT it takes months to make the necessary preparations especially those related to the Rules and regulations of the rites of HAJ hand in hand with the Spiritual aspects of each action related to it ,not forgetting the good morals one has to cultivate in oneself to make ones haj complete..
Before I go further I would like to quote a hadith from Imam Muhammed-e-Baqir (A.S) which says: “When a man intends to go on Hajj, for every step he takes in preparing for his journey Allah will write ten good deeds for him and will write off ten of his wrongdoings and will elevate him ten scales until he completes his preparatory affairs.”
This hadith clearly encourages and emphasizes the importance of making early preparations for this Holy Journey,and believe me, the earlier you start the better.
Read all the necessary books and try to absorb and jot down all the important points in your HAJ DIARY. Make page of contents in your diary so whenever you are in need of going through a particular rule of any act of haj or you want a quick reminder of the spiritual importance of any act of Haj then you can easily get down to it.
Keep that diary with you all the time, I remember how I used to refer to my Haj diary even while I was in transit, going through the etiquettes of visiting our Holy Prophet’s mosque/rawza e.t.c
Don’t undermine your own preparations, though there will be Alims in your group whose lectures will be of great benefit BUT they will not be with you all the time and there will be many a time when your preparations will come very handy. The combination of your own preparations and Alims lectures (acting as a reminder) will prove to be of great benefit.
Alas, Its so sad to see lots of people going for Haj not even knowing the basic principles/rules of performing Haj. Once in a lifetime waajibaat is handled with such indifference and carelessness that it makes one wonder……..

(2) CORRECT PERFORMANCE OF SALAAT & MEMORISING SMALL DUAS and VERSES OF HOLY QURAN.
Do know that one of the wajibaats of haj is 2 rakaat salaat after tawaaf, hence if you are unsure of either the performance of any act of salaat or its proper recitation then put all your efforts in learning this as soon as possible.
Try to perform salaat infront of an Alim who can correct your mistakes and assist you if needed. DON’T TAKE THIS ISSUE LIGHTLY. Don’t spoil your own Haj by being careless of your salaat.
In the same way try to memorise short duas to be recited at any place/time e.g during tawaf, saee or while going to haram, while looking at the Holy Kaba e.t.c.
Example: This beautiful dua can be recited in Qunoot:
[Holy Quran 14:40] My Lord! make me keep up prayer and from my offspring (too), O our Lord, and accept my prayer.
رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلَاةِ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاءِ

This doa of Prophet Nuh can be recited at times of difficulties or troubles eg when your bag of
doa books is being checked etc
RECITE : RABBI ANNI MAGHLUBUN FANTASWIR
[Holy Quran 54:10] Therefore he called upon his Lord: I am overcome, come Thou then to help.
فَدَعَا رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَغْلُوبٌ فَانْتَصِرْ

(3) WALKING
Walk as much as possible long before your trip. There will be lots and lots of walking to do during haj and you should practice this from your hometown so as to cope up with all the walking you will have to do there.

(4) WORLDLY ATTACHMENTS
Before embarking on this Holy trip remove from your heart all the love of your worldly possessions such as family, business, and all worries related to materialistic world.
Just keep one thing in mind, you are going to be a guest of Almighty Allah, hence don’t take just your body towards him but take yourself (your soul/heart/mind) towards him too.
Leave everything else behind. Whatever of the worldly possession you have are his blessings to you, hence leave them in his care before your trip and dont worry about them at all.
Focus solely towards your creator during this Holy Trip.
Imam Jaffer-e-Sadiq (A.S) has said : “When you intend to go on the Hajj pilgrimage, empty your heart for the sake of Allah, Glorified is He, of any preoccupation, which makes you unmindful of Him…Say farewell to the world, comfort and people.”

Keep your contact with your family and loved ones to the minimum, tell them not to worry and leave you in the care of Allah who has invited you to be his guest, and you also don’t spend your precious time worrying about what’s happening back home. Alas its so sad to see most of the Hajis involved in this blunder, they keep themselves so much preoccupied with their families back home during their entire journey that they loose the spiritual contact/bond with Allah that they have come to seek and strengthen.

(5) UNNECESSARY TALKS
Try to avoid unnecessary talks during your haj trip, as that will divert your attention from your goal. Focus on your aim .
During breakfast/lunch/dinner times when hujjajs get together, it’s a pity to see many hujjajs involved in useless chatter/jokes. I remember some people comparing HAJ trip to a picnic trip where one enjoys and has fun . Its so heart breaking to hear this kind of rubbish talks.
Be very careful and remember you are a GUEST OF ALLAH s.w.t don’t do anything that undermines your position in the eyes of Almighty.
Of course one’s behavior should be good with all hujjajs and one should assist others whenever needed BUT not in wasting time.
During Haj, TIME is a rare commodity and it flies very fast. Cherish each moment you have and make the most of it.

(6) SHOPPING
The biggest drawback which is also the most tiresome (energy and time consuming) while at the same time unresistable is ‘’SHOPPING”. Unfortunately many hujjajs become a prey of this snare of shaytan thus wasting much of their precious moments/hours/days that it makes one wonder whether their priority is Haj or ……..
Dear Hujjaj, remember, the best gift you can give to your near and dear ones is praying as much as you can for them in these Holy Places as for those who want to buy something for sukhri then according to our beloved Prophet the best gift is zamzam water and it can be accompanied by madani dates. One can easily buy these items near the haram on ones way out, in minimum possible time.
Any other cultural sukhri items e.g almonds and the likes or sweets e.t.c are easily available in ones hometown or in transit airports. Most of the things hujjajs waste time on can be purchased from their hometowns if needed, and believe me no item however good it looks and sounds ,is worth wasting your time on. Ones appetite for shopping keeps on increasing and before one realizes one is entangled in a shopping spree .
Alas its no longer a wonder to see hujjajs spending less hours in holy Haramains and more hours doing shopping, and then wondering why they don’t feel any spiritual upliftment !
The more one tends towards materialistic desires the more one becomes detached from the spiritual upliftment/progress which is the cornerstone of HAJ.

(7) FOOD COMPLAINS
A hujjaj needs to remind his self now and again about his purpose for embarking on this holy trip, whether it is to relish all types of delicious and doubtful food OR to get closer to Allah s.w.t.
We are taught by our Aimmah that our intention while partaking food should be to get the needed energy for Allah’s worship and we should not fill our stomachs to their fill as that will make us lazy and we wont be able to concentrate on our aim.
Alas it’s a common sight to see most of the hujjajs attaching so much importance to this animalistic desire, that not a day passes in which they haven’t complained about the food served. The worst part is that they aren’t happy with anything that is served even if it’s the best , they go out to eat in MC Donalds and the likes to satisfy their appetite while forgetting that the doubtful food in which they are indulging is destroying their spiritual progress.
IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE: the chicken meat (served in chawarma) which is very famous in every nook and corner of Makka and madina comes from Brazil, you can confirm yourself by asking the people working in the restaurants. Most of them will tell you that it comes from Brazil while others will hesitate a little and fumble for words, tell them that I am A hajji and I don’t want to spoil my HAJ by eating doubtful meat and its an obligation on you to tell me the fact and they will speak out the fact. I did the same.
Saudis import meat from unislamic countries in which animals are slaughtered in an unislamic manner, relying on distorted fatwas in their books . They don’t care at all about your haj !
Remember you have full rights to ask the leaders of the kafela you are going with, about the meat served in their menu.
Point to ponder: What did Imam Hussain a.s say to his killers after confirming his position in Islam and his right over them ? He a.s said something like this, ‘’……although you know fully well that I am on the right and you are on the wrong, my commanding you to good and forbidding evil wont have any effect on you and you wont desist spilling my sacred blood as YOUR STOMACHS ARE FILLED WITH HARAM ! ‘’
Many Hujjajs just for arguing sake, say that as long as its doubtful one can eat it.
My question to them is there any space left for doubt??? After knowing the hard facts is there still a place for doubt? Also lets suppose there is doubt then it means there are fifty fifty chances of the meat being slaughtered according to Islamic shariah ( in unislamic countries) or not.
Now suppose its not slaughtered according to Islamic shariah then automatically it will affect your body and spirit. You will not be immune from its bad effects.
E.G suppose someone touches a hot object not knowing that its hot, will his fingers be immune from burning just because he wasn’t sure that it was hot/harmful??? Will the cause and effect process be nullified just because the person wasn’t sure? NO , In the same way partaking in doubtful food will be harmful for YOU both physically and spiritually. BE EXTRA CAREFUL .

(8) DOAS FOR OTHERS
As we embark on this Holy trip most of our close ones, friends, relatives and even strangers request us to pray for them in these Holy Places. Some ask for general prayers while others ask us to pray for their specific needs/problems/desires e.t.c
Write in your diary each person’s name and the doa he asked for, and as soon as possible try to put their requests infront of Almighty before asking for your own needs. Pray for them with a humble heart . We all know the hadith of our Aimmah which states that whenever one does doas for others, the angels ask the same for him and as the angels are infallible, hence their duas are never rejected.
Don’t be selfish and self centered, ask for others first before asking for yourself. Don’t forget to include Imame zamana, our ulemas, and the oppressed shiahs in your doas.

(9) PATIENCE/CONTROL OF ANGER(forbearance):

Now, this is one of the hardest tasks that a Hajji faces BUT at the same time its of the greatest importance, as there is no moment in this entire Holy journey when one doesn’t need these two qualities.
Imam Muhammad Baqir has said “It does not matter if one visits this House if he does not possess three traits: Cautiousness (Wara) which prevents him from sinning; forbearance which helps him rule over his anger; and good interaction with those who are with him.”
Al-Khisal, Volume 1, Page 97; Biharul Anwar Volume 96, Page 121

TIP: Memorise this verses (3:134] ………… and those who restrain (their) anger and pardon men; and Allah loves the doers of good (to others).
(2:153] ………………….. surely Allah is with the patient.
Keep on repeating these verses whenever and wherever needed, and believe me you will be needing them most of the times. There will be times when you will be rebuked ,taken for granted, have to digest inappropriate behavior like rudeness, insulting attitudes, people taking out their frustuations on you e.t.c e.t.c.

KEEP YOUR CALM, DON’T RETALIATE, LET IT GO. Forgive them for the sake of Allah and ask HIM to forgive your sins just as you are forgiving others. Believe me, you will win both the battle and the war by acting on this advice and after your Haj is over you will have no cause to regret, instead those who had misbehaved and lost their temper with others, will be regretting immensely.
I remember the Sheikh who was briefing us on rites of Haj saying that during his first Haj back in the 70’s, an elderly person was irritating him so much that once he couldn’t take it anymore and rudely answered him back. He says that after that Haj till now he has lost the counts of Haj he has performed BUT HASN’T BEEN ABLE TO FORGIVE HIMSELF FOR THIS MISTAKE AND REGRETS IT TILL TODAY AND WILL KEEP ON REGRETTING FOREVER.
Mark my words, forbearance and patience are not the qualities that can be developed overnight, start from now to develop these qualities in you, the sooner the better. Remember Shaytan will be trying his best to spoil your Haj don’t let him do so.
ANOTHER TIP :Remain in wudhoo all the times and Do wudhoo whenever you feel angry.
AGAIN I REPEAT, LOTS OF PATIENCE AND LOTS OF FORBEARANCE WILL BE NEEDED AT ALL MOMENTS IN THIS JOURNEY be it with your room mates, fellow travelers, fellow Hajis amidst the pushings in tawaf and jamaraats e.t.c In short while performing each and every haj rite these two qualities will be utmostly needed.

(10) RELY ONLY ON ALLAH swt:
In Misbah al-Sharī‘ah, (on the secret and profundities of performing haj) it has been narrated from Imam Jafar al-Sadiq a.s that:

…………………… Do not rely on your provisions, your mount, your friends, your strength, your youth or your wealth, because often, these will become enemies and hindrances for you. When one seeks the pleasure of God, but relies on other than Him, then God makes these other things become a nuisance and barrier for him, so that he may realise that there is no power, strength or succour except from God…………………..

One can see from the above excerpt ,that after making all the necessary preparations for this journey, one should not let pride engulf him, instead one should cultivate humility in one’s self and thank Allah for giving him the ability (tawfeek) to make the necessary preparations for this holy trip and ONE SHOULD RELY ONLY ON HIM.

A VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER: Do keep SALTY tidbits like bisc, crackers, salty nuts e.t.c handy ,make small packets of salt coated nuts and keep a packet of them in your doa books bag to be taken with you wherever you go, as one sweats much during performance of haj rites resulting in loss of salt from ones body which in turn leads to fatigue, dizziness and weakness, these salty accompaniments do WONDERS AND HELP A LOT.
I remember, I was perspiring profusely during tawaf because of the heat and crowd and after I had finished my tawaf I didn’t even have the energy to stand. A good hearted lady was sitting next to me and upon noticing my condition she immediately offered me a handful of salt coated nuts , hardly had few minutes passed by after I had taken them and I could feel my strength returning, I felt so revitalized that I could manage to go for saee immediately. SALTY TITBITS ARE A MUST IN THIS WHOLE JOURNEY. DO NOT take this jewel of advice lightly.

A HUMBLE REQUEST TO ALL READERS: If Allah s.w.t grants you the opportunity to go for Haj/umrah and if you have found anything of benefit from this post, then kindly if possible ask Allah s.w.t to bless me once again with a chance of being his honored guest.

MAY ALLAH ACCEPT YOUR HAJ
In Maana ya Hijja sheikh Abdillahi Nassir talks about the soul of Haj and how the current world-powers are trying to ensure your Haj is empty of its soul.
http://ask.or.tz/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=3242

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline