Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.

What do you feel about the cameras installed in the ladies imambargah?

I dont see any problem with them even if men can use them to see the ladies
No votes
0%
As long as the media room team is reliable, they wont abuse the cameras. So no problem
27%
I am ok with one camera fixed on the mimbar accessible only by the ladies from the ladies side. Anything more is unacceptable
45%
Why have cameras in the ladies side at all. No cameras, no opportunity given to shaitan to encourage abuse
27%
abuali wrote:Br. Lalji revealed that from the moment the pin from one of the dome cameras in plugged into the camera controller, it takes 30 minutes for the image from the camera to be viewed in the media room. The rest of the members present confirmed this.
vs
abuali wrote:The brother said that he had mentioned 30 minutes as a maximum amount of time it would take for all the equipment to be switched on and running (not as an absolute amount of time).
:o

abuali, either you have posted what the guy did not say or he did a 360 degrees on his words!

your initial report also said that the rest of the 5 or 6 members confirmed this. either they all lied about it or you misheard them. which is which?
abuali wrote:I asked if the rotating can be stopped manually using a button on the camera controller. He said yes it can,
[down]

in other words, anyone in the media room can plug in the dome camera in the ladies side and connect it to the monitor, stop the default security patrol (rotation) and zoom in into the face of any lady within a minute of switching on the camera!!!!
qamar wrote:
abuali wrote:Br. Lalji revealed that from the moment the pin from one of the dome cameras in plugged into the camera controller, it takes 30 minutes for the image from the camera to be viewed in the media room. The rest of the members present confirmed this.
vs
abuali wrote:The brother said that he had mentioned 30 minutes as a maximum amount of time it would take for all the equipment to be switched on and running (not as an absolute amount of time).
:o

abuali, either you have posted what the guy did not say or he did a 360 degrees on his words!

your initial report also said that the rest of the 5 or 6 members confirmed this. either they all lied about it or you misheard them. which is which?
Brother qamar,

I have posted our discussion exactly as was, summarizing here and there.

The 30 minute gap point was so important that our remaining discussion was based entirely on that premise.

There were at least 5 other brothers present with me who can vouch the same in addition to the 6 members from the media room team.
:o :o :o :o

whn i read tat Fatimbai somji gave her guarantee tat no one can use the system to luk at us i felt sooo much lighter

u say she was there when you went this 2nd time. does she knw that wat qamar posted can happen? if so why did she give her guarantee?
sadika wrote:u say she was there when you went this 2nd time
She was there when I entered the room, but she went to the outside room soon thereafter as she was discussing some matter with another member of the media room.

The discussion largely happened between myself and Br. Murtaza Lalji.
Salamun Alaykum.

"O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful." (49:12)

I am writing in this forum for the first time. After having read the above forum which DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROOF OF ANY GENT LOOKING AT A LADY FROM THE MEDIAROOM, I do not see any reason as to why the Mediaroom Committee is entertaining you people and trying to convince you.

I feel the concern that has started and promoted this forum is baseless. Whoever is concerned, could you please JUSTIFY your arguments so that it may be then useful for discussion (If the Justification is valid.)

Ahsant.
Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs.
Keyword some. What we are trying to do is protect the hijab of the ladies. If you read the posts, nobody has accused or suspected the current (or previous) media room team for doing wrong. However, if there is a chance of misuse, it should be corrected. Open discussions = no gheebah
However, what you are doing is totally the opposite. With this so called open discussions all you are doing is talking or rather pin pointing mistakes without directly involving the people. The best measure that should have been taken is to confront the people involved and clear out the issue with them directly rather than 'advertise' what you call faults of the media room. Hence, in reality what you have done is actually GHEEBAH!

What surprises me most is, according to what you say, none of you have actually seen any of the members abuse the system and yet you arise this topic. There are other more important issues that you need to have "OPEN DISCUSSIONS" on. its a shame none no one observes the obvious things.

I am sure during the evening ladies majlis during muharram and safar some of you might have passed outside the mosque, has anyone of you heard the voices of the women reciting the dua, marthia and nawha, etc from miles away?? If you stand at al muazzin, the voice is quite clear! Now is that haraam???? Well i suppose not!!! coz you have not considered creating that as a subject of discussion. :S :S :S
The best measure that should have been taken is to confront the people involved and clear out the issue with them directly rather than 'advertise' what you call faults of the media room. Hence, in reality what you have done is actually GHEEBAH!
If you read the posts, you will find that after objections were raised, a group of brothers directed these to the media room. Initially you wondered why the media room should entertain any questions and now you say we should have asked the media room (which we did) without discussing here.

I'd recommend you familiarize yourself with the meaning of gheebah. We invited the media room here, sent them emails.
What surprises me most is, according to what you say, none of you have actually seen any of the members abuse the system and yet you arise this topic. There are other more important issues that you need to have "OPEN DISCUSSIONS" on. its a shame none no one observes the obvious things.
The borther who started this discussion saw what appeared to be potential abuse. DId you even read the first page? ;)

I am sure during the evening ladies majlis during muharram and safar some of you might have passed outside the mosque, has anyone of you heard the voices of the women reciting the dua, marthia and nawha, etc from miles away?? If you stand at al muazzin, the voice is quite clear! Now is that haraam???? Well i suppose not!!! coz you have not considered creating that as a subject of discussion. :S :S :S
I have not heard but I do not pass that way. I believe you may have and that's the beauty of this forum. Click one new topic and start another discussion. There is no limit to the number of active discussions we can have.
Salams.
after objections were raised, a group of brothers directed these to the media room.
There you are! Why did you first not go to the media room to ask them about your concerns?
I still wonder why the media room should entertain you because instead of clarifying with them, you raised questions to the public (who will have no thorough knowledge as to what equipments are installed and for what purpose).
Had you gone to the media room and got a negative response, then it might have been fine to bring it to this forum, but not ignite questions which sparks doubts into peoples minds and then direct them to media room.
The borther who started this discussion saw what appeared to be potential abuse. DId you even read the first page?
Again, did he know the purpose of the camera that he saw? When he started this discussion, What did he mean when he asked for the public's (who have no thorough knowledge of the media room) contributions in his first statement while opening the discussion?

Since he was warmly welcomed at the media room when he had his first visit, why did he then not go back to discuss with them after realizing about the potential abuse?
In fact, I don't even think he knew that it was the CCTV and what it was meant for?
If he was concerned, he should have taken the effort to ask the members what was the purpose of that CCTV.

He should have brought his concerns to the public after having knowledge about the media room & not stating conclusions of what he 'thought' without having enough knowledge.
Salams,

The underhanded attempt to divert this discussion from potential abuse of the media room cameras to the supposed loud recitation of ladies' majalis until it is audible outside of imambargah is very clear.
Salaamun Alaykum.

Without doubt, the media room camera systems should be made as abuse-proof as possible, regardless of the reliability of the team.

In fact, this will also greatly benefit even the most reliable media room team ever.

It is not fair to question attempts to encourage a secure system, which would purely benefit our sisters, mothers, etc.

It is good to see that wellwishers here are interested in improving the system rather than focus on individuals.

May God bless these efforts.

IMAM SADIQ (A.S) & HIS COMPREHENSIVE ROLE I […]

Rajab

THE MONTH OF RAJAB - AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PURIFICATI[…]

The building had been dubbed building “Mande[…]

The 6th Imam died in Madinah on 25th Shawwal, 148 […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline