Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By abuali
Many a time I question myself as to the level of trust in Allah (swt) that I have in my heart.

It is very easy to give lip service when uttering the shahada or when reciting the beautiful names of Allah. However normally my actions and feelings which appear in different guises such as common sense, customs, relationships, wealth, family are usually indicative of not putting my trust in Allah(swt).

Here are a few common place occurances that forces me to question our trust in Allah(swt)

1. Hoarding

We tend to save and hoard like we will live forever. Several 'logical' reasons are offered to justify the hoarding. What if there is a medical emergency? For good education of our children. For building up investment for the future. For a rainy day.

2. Marriage
dar es salaam jamaat recently implemented pre-nuptial agreements. Many men and women delay marriage with the excuse that they require education and skills first in order to ne 'settled'

many women also opt to work and many men encourage them with the intention 'this will enable her to take care of herself if something happens to me'

3. In event of loss

the above are some examples I can think of.
Salamalykum,
Good post Hasin.
Imam Ja'far bin Muhammad al-Sadiq [a.s] reportedly quotes his forefathers from the Messenger of Allah [a] as saying:

"Whoever recites sincerely that there is no god but Allah enters paradise, and his sincerity should forbid him what Allah has forbidden."Hur al-Amili, Wasa'il al-Shi'ah, vol.6, chapter on Jihad al-Nafs, no. 20440.

We always say La'ilaha Il'lalah' just for getting some reward even recite tasbeeh of La'ilaha Il'lalah' but forget to follow what Allah allowed and forbid what Allah forbidden.
ws
It would be wrong to have just faith in Allah without making any preparations ourselves. We are not told to be like sitting ducks, rather we have to do our best and rely on Allah to help us.

What you say? ;)
I think both of you have hit the issue spot on.

What is faith in Allah?
smma59 wrote:
"Whoever recites sincerely that there is no god but Allah enters paradise, and his sincerity should forbid him what Allah has forbidden."Hur al-Amili, Wasa'il al-Shi'ah, vol.6, chapter on Jihad al-Nafs, no. 20440.
so true faith has sincerity which can be measured by everyone to ascertain if the faith one has is sincere or not? How can it be measured? By action like Br. Muhammad said. By checking if one is staying away from haram.
Actually, I was referring to the examples Br Hasin, you had given.

Sometimes we have to save something for a rainy day. We have to plan our lives and pray for the best. We can not simply hope for the best.
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline