Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Umm.aly
Death.. an interesting topic indeed..

One shivers at the thought of death.. yet is it dying itself that terrifies us, or is it our a'amaals that we are scared of?

Death is a means by which we meet our Creator.. its the ending from which a new beginning occurs; the end of our physical journey on earth and the beginning of our spiritual life.

I had once asked about the life after death, and how to our limited minds it sounds quite uncomprehensive.. but i got a beautiful reply to it which i would like to share with you. It made alot of sense to me, as i hope it does to all the other readers...

Look at a baby who is inside its mothers womb.. that dark warm place is his whole world.. he lives in his mother's stomach, gets his nourishment in there.. he's happy and contented in there..thts the only life tht he knws of, yet he also knows that one day, that cozy life of his is going to end, and he is going to go on to another life.. the life he will live wen he actually comes out of the womb onto this earth. The life on this earth is a mystery to the unborn baby, of which he knows nothing! Yet he comes into the world, and learns to live in it..
Isnt that why, coming out in this world is such a shocking and terrifying experience for a baby, that it actually cries out in despair for leaving its warm and familiar surroundings?

Similarly, we on earth, are here temporarily. Our final abode and destination is the hereafter. It might be a mystery to us right now, but its definately a reality that we have to accept..

Extracted from Hadith Al Qudsi (Inspirational Words of God)
Indeed Death is surely to knock at your door..
"I wonder how a person who is certain of death can be happy. I wonder at a person who is certain of the hereafter and its bouties but he rests."

My hereafter is laughing at your world..
"Oh Son of Adam!
Your death is laughing at your desires.
My decree is laughing at your death.
My destiny is laughing at your plans.
My hereafter is laughing at your world.
My fortune is laughing at your greed. Indeed, your sustenance is known and measured, written and treasured.
Therefore rush towards death with your good deeds before death overtakes you, because nobody is going to eat up your sustenance."

"Oh son of Adam! death is going to befall upon you, even if you dislike it. Have patience in your Lord's commands, because you are indeed going to be raised. Then declare the glory of your Lord and praise Him while you are awake at night and declare the glory of Him at the time when the stars disappear."
By qarrar
A related book...

DEATH: A BEAUTIFUL GIFT FOR A BELIEVER

http://www.ezsoftech.com/ebooks/Death.pdf
DHUL QA' DAH SUNDAY SALAT

The month of Dhul-Qa`dah is the first of the Sacre[…]

"The 12 Shining Imams" Series In this p[…]

FREE PALESTINE

Cambridge University’s Trinity College has m[…]

$1 billion in ammunition to Israel

According to two members of Congress, the administ[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline