Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Quoting from a recent discussion,
hain wrote:Notice how Salman Farsi (so far, apart from aimmah, I have only come across, salman, who has narrated ahadith directly from Bibi Fatema(as)) was the only companion to be called by the Prophet (as) as 'Salman is from my ahl'. Knowing that the Prophet (as) does not speak of his own accord (only what Allah(swt) instructs), we can take to mean this in the literary sense. In other words, he was a mahram.
To which
Fatimah Zahra Karim wrote: No. Only directly related blood-relatives are mahram. So says the Quran.
and
Muhammad Mahdi wrote: Ahlul bayt means people of the prophet's house. So in a way, Jafar at Tayyar was also ahlul bayt. Does that mean that hijab was not required there as well? No. Just as we have near relations and distant ones, though Salman was an ahlul bayt, he could never be a mahram.
To which
Hasin wrote:I did not say that Bibi Fatema (as) was not supposed to wear hijab infront of Salman. The women of the ahl bayt are at another level altogether. There are several riwaya that point towards the fact that let alone infront of namahram, they used to adorn some form of hijab within their houses as well (i.e. in presence of their mahram).

My quote about 'Salman being part of the ahl' was in response to a hadith that sister Fatima Zahra quoted. I first questioned the authenticity of the part where 'Salman allegedly mentions the face and hands of Bibi (as)' and then I went on to try and explain how this is possible, if its authentic.

Unlike some of our brethren, our definition of 'ahl bayt' (as defined by our holy imams(as)) does not include the other members of the house (i.e. wives, jaffar tayyar etc). It is unique and restricted to those who were under the kisa, unless otherwise stated by a masoom.

In this case, a masoom explicitly states that Salman is from his ahl (which includes those five personalities and according to hadeeth-e-kisa, jibraeel(as))

Knowing that the ahl are mahram for each other, I am deducing that Salman, who is included in the ahl, has been given this position, because he is worthy of it and Allah (through instructions to the holy Prophet(as)) made him part of the ahl.

The other reason which leads me to believe this is the fact that i only know of Salman (apart from other aimmah(as)) who has had the privilege to narrate wisdom directly from Bibi (as). This tells me he has a special status.
Seems like an interesting discussion, so here's a new thread. Keep the ball rolling. I believe its Sis Fatimah's turn :biggrin:
By abuali
(bismillah)
(salam)

If someone has access to the dictionary of rijal of Syed Khui and has access to the rijal of the ahadith of Salman Farsi where he mentions 'seeing' Bibi Fatema (as), we can confirm if the hadith is strong or weak. If its weak, then the discussion is redundant.
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline