Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By *Fatemah*
s.a everyone....umm..i jus wanted to sharee ethis essay that i wrote a long time back...it tell us about an experience of a soul in death...with what i think it goes throough...hope u pple like it..i started out with an ayah...

When calamity befalls them, they say,” Verily, unto god do we belong and, unto him we shall return.”

The above ayah that has been extracted from the quran is from Suratul baqarah, ayah 156.It tells us about an individual and when a calamity befalls upon that person, like death or if he/she hears of any loss they should always remember that death is a motto of their life too. We should always remember that we have proceeded from Allah (swt) and that we are in a march toward him and he is our final destination because we have been brought to this world as a transit and our duty should be nothing short of total submission to his will. In this essay I will take you through an experience in writing….together with my imagination I have put together an experience which a soul goes through in DEATH.
This is what I think….

DEATH...a life changing experience…
Introduction
Death is just a continuation of life in another place. It means to bid farewell to all our worldly attachments and goodbye to all the people we love, nothing that we worked so hard for will help us except our amaals.Only three things come to a person when he dies, these are:
•His Wealth, which helps the person to pay for his funeral bills.
•His Children, which accompany him until the graveyard for his burial.
•His Deeds, which shall accompany him all the way and speak for him.

After the death of a person the soul departs but the body stays behind and observes all that takes place. It seems that the soul has an emotional attachment with the body even after death.

After the dead is buried and everyone pays their last respects and leaves, Munkar and Nakir come to question the dead person about his faith and deeds and this is the time when the soul re enters the body. If the deeds of the person are good the soul is sent to Wadi us salaam, a valley of peace situated in najaf where the soul will live peacefully. If the deeds of the person are bad the soul is sent to Wadi us barhut which is said to be situated in Yemen where the soul go through drastic punishment. The time after a person dies and qiyamah is termed as BARZAK, in this period the dead person gets rewarded for his/her good deeds and gets punished for his/her bad deeds. Next comes FISHAAR E KABR which means squeezing of the grave, the squeezing comes in two types one is for momins which will be like two friends embracing one another in the gentlest way possible and another type will be for sinners this squeezing will be so harsh that it could fracture ones ribs. Although god has kept all these punishments for us aside of that he really loves us and had promised us a life of never ending happiness in the heaven that he has created for his creations. As it says in the Holy quran….

But behold, as for those who say, “Our sustainer is God,” and then steadfastly pursue the right way, upon them do angels often descend saying, “Fear not and grieve not, but receive the glad tiding of that paradise which has been promised to you!

We are close unto you in the life of this world and will be so in the life to come; and in that life (the life to come) you shall have all that your souls may desire, and in it you shall have all that you ever prayed for, as a ready welcome from him who is much forgiving, a dispenser or grace!”

(Surah Fussilat, 31-32)

…this is an experience which the soul goes through, as it faces interrogation, and thus, reaches its final destination where it is destined to be…
By Muntazir Manji
salaams,

The essay is certainly very interesting. I suggest if you have the time, write more with emphasis on the fact that death is the beginning of eternal life, not the end!

If you're interested on the topic of death, read this excellent book by Sayyid Mujtaba Musavi Lari : Death, Resurrection and Judgment. Its availale at the tabligh book store, i have a copy as well. Willing to lend it for some time.

Wassalaam.
By *Fatemah*
s.a...thnx for the suggestion muntazir...will try to work on it and post it as soon as i m done...glad you liked the essay... :D...and yea...thnx for the source too... :wink:

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline