Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By abuali
while i try and put together a short and concise response to your previous comments, it might be interesting for you to consider how 'Darwinists' are propagating a theory that is anti-Allah at its core.

Here is an article that flaunts the discovery of a missing link in evolution. This supposed 'new discovery' is reported as fact an appears everywhere. I will just post an article on the same from the index page of National Geographic to underline how much importance its given.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/ ... midus.html

Now, read about the fact behind this supposed 'discovery'

Oct 4: http://tr1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCR ... tId/18012/

Oct 7: http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCR ... ctId/18097 (more detailed)
I do not recall him saying it did become a human being...just that it could :P

No, I, personally, do not believe Man evolved from apes...or that selection of the fittest leads to new lifeforms. Selection of the fittest means the fittest were already existing. It does not explain the arrival/creation of the fittest.
By Muhammad Mahdi
hasin wrote:It means that Nabi Adam was not born without parents. It means that his parents were some lesser species. (assuming he was the first of the lesser species to develop into 'human')
I have been waiting for this question. [up]
Not necessarily., though it is possible. Astaghfirullah? How :o

Caution
What I am discussing need not necessarily be my viewpoints. These are points one may encounter when dealing with others and it is my hope that this discussion will prepare the readers.

So back to Adam. How?

Allah says he created man from Earth. Now usually, we say yes Shaytaan from fire, man from earth. But why does Allah mention earth? Are we muddy? Dirty? Dusty?

Comparing the earth to the following,
Qur'an 21.30
Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one connected entity, then We separated them from each other, and We made every living thing out of water? Will they not then believe?
Allay says he made every living thing out of water. The most popular belief of the origin of life on earth today is that of the biochemical synthesis, ie many years ago, the earth was warmer with different climatic conditions. There were not any oceans yet and a little water accumulated in some holes. The earth provided mineral elements like Iron, Carbon etc. Altogether this formed a primordial soup.

So you see, creation from earth and water, just as the Qur'an mentions.
Still don't believe me?
32.7. (Allah is He) who has made everything He created better, and He began the creation of the human (being) out of clay.
Notice, quran does not just mention that man was crated from clay. But that the beginning of man's creation was from clay and that Allah makes what he created better. Sounds like evolution to me.

There are many other verses that I can put up but I think these few explain my points. Need I say more? :biggrin:
By abuali
Apologies for the delay in my reply

none of the ayats you quoted support the view that humans evolved from apes

and you have to agree that evolution is the one theory that atheists and agnostics quote when asked the question "who created the universe" so as to justify that god is not needed
By abuali
I am the last person to comment on the vast knowledge of the Quran except the surface or apparent meaning. So considering the apparent I think the ayats talk about the physical elements.

As to supporting evolution, I woud disagree because evolution is used most often to describe the change of one specie into another in order to justify atheistic beliefs. Having said that the Quran does support adaptation
By abuali
Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one connected entity, then We separated them from each other, and We made every living thing out of water? Will they not then believe?

Allay says he made every living thing out of water. The most popular belief of the origin of life on earth today is that of the biochemical synthesis, ie many years ago, the earth was warmer with different climatic conditions. There were not any oceans yet and a little water accumulated in some holes. The earth provided mineral elements like Iron, Carbon etc. Altogether this formed a primordial soup.

So you see, creation from earth and water, just as the Qur'an mentions.
Still don't believe me?

32.7. (Allah is He) who has made everything He created better, and He began the creation of the human (being) out of clay.

Notice, quran does not just mention that man was crated from clay. But that the beginning of man's creation was from clay and that Allah makes what he created better. Sounds like evolution to me.
what I mean can be understood by reading the ayats that follow 32:7 where Allah continues the description of the coming into being of a baby in the womb of it's mother. So the ayat is saying the essence is clay like Hz. Adam (as) and then describes the sequence by which faculties are granted.

Assuming your argument to support evolution based on these ayat how would you explain clay to be the building block of the atomic life that evolutionist claim to be the origin of more complex life Irma like humans?
By Muhammad Mahdi
hasin wrote:

Assuming your argument to support evolution based on these ayat how would you explain clay to be the building block of the atomic life that evolutionist claim to be the origin of more complex life Irma like humans?
It is believed that the first cells originated from a primordial soup. The liquid accumulated in the holes in the earth's surface, mixed with the soil and combined with gases present in the old earth under pressure to form the first amino acids. These later combined and evolved to form complex beings.

The clay that the qur'an refers to can easily mean the organic soup mixed with sand. God fashions Adam out of this clay, the organisms evolve from the earth.

I see no other reason why Allah wud say we were created from clay

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline