Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.

What is sin?

Is an act against ALLAH(swt) and choices which people make due to their inability of fighting their own desires
100%
Is a way of fulfilling prohecies
No votes
0%
Is an act of completing the life web
No votes
0%
By Esm'ail
Asalamalaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,
Bismillahir rahmanir rahim,
Dear brothers and sisters,

What is sin?
I had an arguement today with a friend about what sin is. Well, we muslims and people of different religion are normally taught that sin is an act against ALLAH(swt)'s will.
But its because ALLAH said so, then it is the truth no doubt.

But this is the other way which my friend perceived of sin.
He said that without sin the world wouldn't have been completed.
Well, I asked," not completed in what sense?"
He said that everything depends on sin to be fulfilled.

These are some of a few examples in the Holy Qur'an which I derived.
1. If it wasn't for Firawn, Prophet Moses(pbuh) wouldn't have been able to prove humankind that ALLAH(swt) is the all-powerful and almighty and there is no government which is powerful to overcome ALLAH(swt).

2. If it wasn't for Prophet Joseph's brothers, Prophet Joseph's(pbuh) dream wouldn't have come true. It is through their envy that Prophet Joseph was exalted above them. It is through their envy that Prophet Joseph was sold in egypt.

3. If it wasn't for Shaitan, ALLAH's promise of us being in the world and the prophecy of the angels of us(mankind) being a destruction wouldn't have come true.

4. If it wasn't for King Herod's desire for his kingdom, Prophet Jesus Christ(pbuh) wouldn't have ascended to heaven.

5. If it wasn't for the extreme sins of the Arabs at the time of Prophet Muhammad, the verses of the Holy Qur'an wouldn't have been revealed to him. The verses of the Holy Qur'an were revealed due to incidents happening at that time.

6. If it wasn't for people's sins, Prophet's wouldn't have been sent and their would be no revelation.

According to these first 6 examples, I'm trying to show what my friend meant.
My friend meant that if it wasn't for the smoking, taking intoxicants, commiting adultery, commiting violence there would have been no doctors. Meaning that usually hospitals are full because of these four things.

If it wasn't for the law-breakers, there would have been no police.

If it wasn't for those taking intoxicants, the beer, wine and other hard drinks companies wouldn't have market. Hence, people would have been jobless.

If it wasn't for the twisted mind of some scientists and the desire of killing other people, there would have been no nuclear technology and even internet. Hence, no easy and fast and better ways of discussing through forums(like ASK :P ).

If it wasn't for the sinners(hypocrites), Imam Hussain(pbuh) wouldn't have died for our religion. Hence, he wouldn't have been remembered like he is right now.

But in everything, everybody has a way of perceiving it according to his/her own personal beliefs in consequence to his actions.
But in case of sin, its all about ur choice and ur sincerity to the almighty ALLAH(swt).
Well, if my friend is right that sinners and good-doers are both created to complete a certain link in life which is like a food web, everyone depending on the other. Then being a sinner in the society, is like being at the bottom of the food-web and the quantity of the wrath of ALLAH(swt) is like the quantity of the energy of the sunlight.

But a question to ask urself is, "don't the sinners want to live a peaceful and descent life just like most good-doers?"
Don't they wanna go to paradise?
Do they really want hell as their abode?

But to all this ALLAH(swt) is the all-knower, the wise.
[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/GmwOqEIhHdKrt9[…]

🙏🏻"O God, make death Ma'nas and Ma'laf for us[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/qfz96kWDEnDGEO[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline