Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
I've heard that hadith, too, but I don't recall reading it. Will try to get a reference.
On the 20th of Ramadhan, when Imam Ali was on his death bed following the attack by Abdu'r-Rahman Ibn Muljim Muradi, he asked: "You may ask any question you like before I leave you, but your questions should be brief." One of those present was Sa'sa'a Bin Suwhan.

Sa'sa'a said to Ali: "Let me know who is superior, you or Adam."
The Imam said: "I am superior to Adam. Adam had every means of mercy, but was asked simply to abstain from the forbidden food. But he could not restrain himself, and he ate from the tree.
Allah did not make any food haraam on Imam Ali, yet he voluntarily ate only dry bread. The height of piety lies in abstaining even from what is permissible.

Sa'sa'a asked: "Who is superior, you or Noah?"
Ali replied: "I am superior. Noah called his men to worship Allah, but they did not obey. He cursed them and invoked Allah: 'O my Lord! Leave not on the earth a single person of the unjust ones.'
After the death of the Prophet, even though the people caused me extreme difficulty, I never cursed them. I suffered their torment with patience."

Sa'sa'a asked: "Who is superior, you or Abraham?"
Ali replied: "I am superior, for Abraham said: 'My Lord! Show me how Thou Givest life to the dead.' He said: 'What! do you not believe?' He said: 'Yes, but that my heart may be at ease.' (2:260)
My faith was such that I said: 'If the veil over the unseen were lifted, my faith would not increase."

Sa'as'a asked: "Who is superior, you or Moses?"
The Holy Imam replied: "I am superior, for Moses said: 'My Lord! Surely I killed one of them, so I am afraid that they will slay me. And send my brother Aaron...as I fear that they will reject me." (28:33-34)
The Holy Prophet ordered me, by the command of Allah, to go to Mecca and to recite the verses of the Chapter 'Al-Bara'a' from the top of the Ka'ba to the Quraish infidels. I was not afraid, even though there were few people there who had not lost a near relative by my sword.
Imam Ali even slept in the bed of the Prophet fearlessly, knowing that he may be killed.

Sa'sa'a asked: "Who is superior, you or Jesus?"
Ali said: "I am superior, for when Mary became pregnant she was told 'Leave this holy House for this is a House for prayers, not a place for the delivery of children.' But when my mother, Fatima Bint-e-Asad, felt labor pains...a mysterious voice told her, "O Fatima! Enter the House of the Ka'ba.' She went in, and I was born inside of the holy Ka'ba."

Regarding the Holy Prophet, he once said: "I am the city of knowledge, and Ali is the gate"

- Cited from Peshawar Nights by Sultanu'l-Wa'izin Shirazi
http://www.al-islam.org/peshawar/7.1.html#1
salaams,after attaining victory in the BATTLE OF ZATUS SALASIL
The brave commander returned to Madina, crowned with laurels. The Prophet, accompanied by some of his companions, received him. On seeing the Prophet he dismounted immediately. The Prophet, while patting the back of Ali said to him: "Mount the horse. Allah and His Prophet are pleased with you". At that moment tears trickled down his cheeks on account of excessive joy and the Prophet then uttered his historical sentence about Ali: "If I had not been afraid that a group of my followers might say the same thing about you as the Christians say about Prophet 'Isa, I would have said something about you, as a consequence of which the people would have taken the dust lying under your feet as an article of blessing from wherever you might have passed''.[al-Irshad, pp. 84-86].
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline