Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:...I see no point in arguing with you because I can see you dont want to accept the truth.
You are a fantasist. You base your firm and sound reasoning that Coca Cola contains alcohol from an entry you read on Wikipidia. Their own main page states, “ Welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia that anyone can edit.”

I went through the trouble to skim through their entry on Coca Cola and no where in it did I find any inference to suggest that the soft drink contained alcohol. Perhaps you can guide me to the specific unchangeable paragraph that states your claim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_cola
By qarrar
Those are purported recipes, how are YOU certain that the recipe given is the one :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
Those are purported recipes,
3 out of the 4 are purported recipes and all three say alcohol is an ingredient.

1 recipe is the orignal one found in the diary of coca cola's inventor after his death. This too contain alcohol.

4 out of 4 = 100%!
By qarrar
Despite this information being available to 6 billion people and every nation on earth; all of them maintain it is a soft drink. Many western countries do not allow alcohol to be sold to under 18 year olds but yet they allow Coke? I wonder how this real recipe has slipped their notice.

If you are this certain about alcohol being present in coke than why don’t you lobby your local Jamaat and the AF and possibly even the WF to ban coke from our centres and advice members not to consume it based on the evidence you have? Almost all Islamic counties ban the importation of alcohol but yet Coke is imported into these countries. How do you explain all this :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
The alcohol present may be too little hence it is not mentioned and considered as a soft drink. Coca cola does not intoxicate!

Some medicines contain alcohol yet they are sold in muslim countries. Same with coke.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:The alcohol present may be too little hence it is not mentioned and considered as a soft drink. Coca cola does not intoxicate!Some medicines contain alcohol yet they are sold in muslim countries. Same with coke.
If whatever amount makes it haraam then there should be active lobbying to ban the drink. The fact that there is none makes it halal. Your comments above, are these your own theories or do you have reference from a respectable source to back it up :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
[quote="qarrar] Your comments above, are these your own theories or do you have reference from a respectable source to back it up :?:[/quote]
(V)$ wrote:Professor Karim Manji had said in the mosque that it contains 0.05% of alcohol which gives the right to the producers not to include it in the ingredients.
Good enough source?
By Muhammad Mahdi
qarrar wrote: Your comments above, are these your own theories or do you have reference from a respectable source to back it up :?:
(V)$ wrote:Professor Karim Manji had said in the mosque that it contains 0.05% of alcohol which gives the right to the producers not to include it in the ingredients.
Good enough source?
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:
Good enough source?
The Professors quote was in relation to Red Bull not Coke…..I thought you argued in favour of the later containing alcohol so where’s your respectable reference for the same :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
The Professor said that if the alcohol is in minute amounts then the producers have the liberty of not displaying it in the ingredients.

I ask you, why cant the same be with Coke? After all all the purported recipes denote the presence of alcohol.
By qarrar
Would I be correct in guessing that this professor is an expert on industrial manufacturing processes? If he is then I am ready to take his word for it.

Also another point springs to mind, if alcohol can be removed from displayed ingredients lists just because of its minute qualities then surely why is there a big fuss about even smaller quantities of carcinogens not being included. Surely the consumer has the right to know.

With regards to your comments, funny you use the words ‘purported recipes’….it seems you yourself cant be fully certain as what the recipe actually is and whether it really does contain alcohol or not.
By Muhammad Mahdi
qarrar wrote:Would I be correct in guessing that this professor is an expert on industrial manufacturing processes? If he is then I am ready to take his word for it..
I have heard other people with similar views. People who do NOT make up stuff.

With regards to your comments, funny you use the words ‘purported recipes’….it seems you yourself cant be fully certain as what the recipe actually is and whether it really does contain alcohol or not.
I use purported recipes because that's what the encyclipedia uses.

You still havent answered my question.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:I have heard other people with similar views. People who do NOT make up stuff.
This still does not add credibility to your claims.
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:I use purported recipes because that's what the encyclipedia uses.
The word ‘purported’ as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary means:

To have or present the often false appearance of being or intending; profess: selfish behavior that purports to be altruistic.

The fact that you yourself have claimed that Wikipidia states these recipes’ as purported recipes’ doesn’t make them credible nor intellectually sound to be used. I will leave the judgement to your own intellect and wisdom.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Heres another defnition of the word purported.

1. Assumed to be such; supposed (The American Heritage Dictionary 4th Edition)
2. commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive grounds (Wordnet)
3. reputed or claimed; alleged (Dictionary.com)

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline