Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Muhammad
In His name The Most High
with regards to the "energy drink" red bull" there were some queries which came up recently.
Professor Karim Manji had said in the mosque that it contains 0.05% of alcohol which gives the right to the producers not to include it in the ingredients.
and various other sources(reliable) have told me it is permissible. in many shia communities around the world it is labelled "Legal".
Personally i used to have it during my exams especailly MATHS!!lol..since i have heard the contradiction i have substituted with coffe..
when i try to discuss with others it is taken as a joke or a thing which is wrong..
can some1 enlighten us in this regards
By Muhammad Mahdi
Wkipedia says the Ingredients are

Water, sucrose, glucose, acidifier sodium citrates, carbon dioxide, taurine (0.4%), glucuronolactone (0.24%), caffeine (0.03%), inositol, vitamins (niacin, pantothenic acid, B6, B12), flavourings, and colours (caramel, riboflavin).
By Muhammad
(V)$ wrote:........it contains 0.05% of alcohol which gives the right to the producers not to include it in the ingredients.
right to producers NOT to include in its ingredients
By Muhammad Mahdi
caffiene which is 0.03% is included, why shouldnt lcohol be included too?
By Muhammad
freedom of choice..
By qarrar
Apparently Coke is Haraam but Red Bull is allowed... :lol:
By Muhammad Mahdi
Always so sarcastic.

I havent said Redbull is allowed. All I say s that it may not contain alcohol, unlike coca cola.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Always so sarcastic
I was stating my opinion…
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Redbull... may not contain alcohol, unlike coca cola.
So what you are saying is Redbull doesn’t contain alcohol and Coca Cola does :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
Not me, the enyclopedia.

Check out coca cola and red bull on wikipedia.
By Muhammad
alcohol in coca cola? coz anyone can edit wikipedia...so no 1 can b sure of any information in there.
By qarrar
(V)$ wrote:...anyone can edit wikipedia...so no 1 can b sure of any information in there.
Exactly
By Muhammad Mahdi
Anybody can edit wikipedia, but some articles are locked. And there is always a backup which is used if some prankster tries to edit the info. The prankster is also blocked from editing any further documents.
By Muhammad
so how can we know if they havent blocked the ingredients of red bull section?
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Anybody can edit wikipedia, but some articles are locked. And there is always a backup which is used if some prankster tries to edit the info. The prankster is also blocked from editing any further documents.
So are you still holding onto your fantasy that coke contains alcohol :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
Qarrar, I see no point in arguing with you because I can see you dont want to accept the truth.
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline