Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:I have tried and changed the outlook of some, but unfortunately, most of the people's views are similar to yours.
Isn’t that indicative of a more favoured approach and perhaps the correct approach :?:
Muhammad Mahdi wrote: regarding the validity of the tawdheeul mael, if you want to discuss it, please open another thread, as we'll be going off topic on this one.
I only answered to your comments that there was a contradiction between Aga’s website and Tawdhiul Masael.
By Muhammad Mahdi
But what about the extract used? Please answer this question of mine.
You are not answering my question.
By kulsham
interesting thread....
By Tayyaba
look i heard about Coke bieng haram and all and also about that money going to kill innocent people...so now i have a DOUBT...thats why i dont drink it ..So if you doubt it then jus stop it i guess.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:But what about the extract used? Please answer this question of mine.
qarrar wrote:Well I have little faith in the evidence you provide for the extract part for your argument as-well.
By *SweetY*
To make things easier, I decided to contact the the coca cola company and ask them whethere their products contain or use any alcohol. Their response was:

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company, Ms. Umm. We appreciate the
opportunity to respond to your concerns.

A few brands we purchased from Cadbury Schweppes, as well as, the recently
acquired Bacardi Shelf-Stable mixers sold in some locations are alcoholic and
are identified as alcohol containing. With these exceptions, all other Coca-Cola
brand products are non-alcoholic and are recognized as such by government and
health authorities in over 200 countries, which have consistently recognized
soft drinks as a non-alcoholic product. This includes countries where Islam is
the major religion.

We hope this information is helpful and reassures your confidence in our brands.
Should you have additional questions or comments, please visit our website
again.

Jeffrey
The Coca-Cola Company
Industry and Consumer Affairs
By Muhammad Mahdi
One can not necessarily trust this answer.

Well I have little faith in the evidence you provide for the extract part for your argument as-well.
What do I lack?
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:One can not necessarily trust this answer. What do I lack?
:lol: We should trust Wikipidia but not a response from Coca Cola, despite them being able to trade in strictest of Islamic regimes.

Well being a lawyer I usually judge evidence on two either one of two possibilities, one, evidence presented which convinces everyone beyond any reasonable doubt and second, the one which only convinces on the balance of probabilities. Your evidence doesnt meet either
By Muhammad Mahdi
We should trust Wikipidia but not a response from Coca Cola, despite them being able to trade in strictest of Islamic regimes.
Coca Cola gains by lying, wikipedia does not.
And wikipedia was not the only reference I provided.
Well being a lawyer I usually judge evidence on two either one of two possibilities, one, evidence presented which convinces everyone beyond any reasonable doubt and second, the one which only convinces on the balance of probabilities. Your evidence doesnt meet either
Perhaps not to you.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Perhaps not to you.
And are you the judge of that :?:
By FatemaC
Frankly speaking, Wikipedia cannot be trusted. Wikipideia should be used when you want to know how many moons are there in Mars and not controversial issues like this. If you trust what people have to say then listen i heard we arent allowed to eat Doritos, or any products made by that company an one of them is Cheetos, we are not allowed to eat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts... We all know Shak makes it Batil, then why do you guys doubt of somthin you arent sure and making it haraam 4 ureselfves???
By Muhammad Mahdi
Imam Tirmdhi has recorded a Hadith on the authority of Hadhrat Hasan (as) that Rasulullah (saw) said, "Leave aside that which puts you in doubt (for things) which do not put you in doubt."

Abstaining from doubtful things acts as a barrier andprotects a person from indulging in Haraam.
By FatemaC
That why i said doubt not if you are not sure! Frankly speaking i was told all Frito Lay products are haraam, Krispy kreme doughnuts r haraam, n tht is coz they contain pork remains in there n u knw when i confirmed nothin like that came out! And yeah b4 u doubt why don't you confirm with a well trusted site. I am not telling you to eat or forcing you to believe what i am saying is right, living is US has kept me so open with stuff like this that i get extra careful... I will share with you one thing, Pepsi is haraam as it contains sumthing from the pig! not sure what coz ma aunt had told me tnht n she heard frm sum1 working at Pepsi company. then yeah there i trust that its haraam, and trust me i will find out if coke is haraam or nt! but i myself am prety sure Coke isn't. Muhamed Mahdi, am not trying to oppose what you say but i am giving my opinioin. I respect yours too, and everyone here on ask, atleast you have the courage to post wht you think is true. Keep it Up!!!!
By Muhammad Mahdi
yeah b4 u doubt why don't you confirm with a well trusted site.
I did!. I quoted several references and wikipedia was one one of them.

BTW, wikipedia has references to its claims that i posted
By FatemaC
I said b4, wikipedia is not a trusted site! Most sites you get on google arent trusted. Even Msn encyclopedia! But i will not argue with you. Instead i will find a well trusted site and find out the truth!!!
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline