Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By smak786110
Question : Is it permissible to buy a carving or statue of a totally naked human being, male or female? Is it permissible to buy a carving or statue of an animal and hang it for decoration?
Answer : There is no problem in the second [case of the animal]; as for the first case, if it is [considered a way of] promoting indecency, it is not allowed.

§ Question : Can a Muslim buy or sell wine or pork or haram meat to non-Muslims? What is the fatwa on the income one gets by doing such a job?

§ Answer : No. it is not permissible to sell these things and the income received is not halal.

§ Question : My question is related to selling and consumption of ice-cream containing less than 0.5% ethanol type of alcohol. I purchased an ice-cream business and now I am finding out that some of the ice-cream syrup contains less than 0.5% ethanol type of alcohol. That syrup is then used to make ice-cream.
My question to you is: Can I (a Muslim) sell or eat this ice-cream made from syrup that contains less than 0.5% of ethanol type of alcohol?

§ Answer : If it is not intoxicating, there is no objection in it; you can buy and eat it.

§ Question : I am running a store and I have non-Muslim customers who want me to sell them alcoholic drinks. Can a Muslim buy and sell intoxicating alcohol to non-Muslims?

§ Answer : It is not permissible to buy and sell alcohol.

§ Question : What is your opinion on business and dealings with individuals or even companies, which are hostile to Islam and the Muslim nation? Can we buy their products if we know that they are supporting – either directly or indirectly – the oppression of Muslims?

§ Answer : It is not permissible in the said supposition.

§ Question : What is your ruling on buying and playing lottery tickets and other such games of chance?

§ Answer : It is not permissible.
NAHJAL BALAGHA

The Lowliness Of The World In Allah’s Eyes […]

Eid Mubarak!

اللَّهُ اكْبَرُ ٱللَّهُ اكْبَرُ allahu akbar allah[…]

Eid Mubarak!

"Eid Mubarak to all! After 30 days of fasting[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas # 29

Dua for Day 29 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline