Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Discuss general religious issues that affect all of us in our daily lives.
By Sayyeda
Salaam Alaikum,

Yesterday I asked a question to a person who was so different from what he is now (for the better ofcourse).

This is the reply I got.

Bismillahi Ar-Rahmani, Ar-Rahim
(I begin by the name of the Almighty, the most Munificent, and the most Compassionate)

Dear sister Sayyeda,

As-Salaamun Alaikum.

I am fine by the grace of Allah, and I pray you and your family are in good health.

Indeed, when Allah intends to do something, he so does it and there’s no way for its failure.

Being honest, it wouldn’t have been offensive if you arose the same question at ASK forums, it would have been clear to others how powerful is Allah’s mercy.

Allah (Subhanallahu wa Ta’allah) tells us in the Qur’an:

“They are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful [2:5]”

He repeats him self on and again, then why do we still go astray?

The precise answer to your question is; although I never performed the Wajibats on time, yet, I performed them with a pure intention when I did. I never had anything against Islam, nor stayed as an ignorant. I would never let anyone speak anything against Islam. In short, I always had a growing faith within my self, but it would grow even weaker by the company I used to keep. And whenever I did something wrong, I would sincerely regret it. So it was time I change for good.

One day, I started reading Qur’an, praying Namaz on time, and read all types of different books so that I can prepare my self for all types of questions asked by my friends and people. Suddenly, things started to become really easy and perfect. I started seeing things which are unexplainable and non visible to our eyes! A lot of coincidences started to occur day by day. I saw a lot of benefit on the path of Allah; therefore, I decided to get deeper into religion.

My Grandfather was an Alim, he had such an Ilm from the Qur’an that he could do things and help people and cure them of any diseases. It followed with my father, he is very religious and he writes religious books and publishes them to different places. My mother is religious and strict when it comes to prayers and other wajibats. My mama, Amir Datoo who lives in Bukoba, is a Maulana. I asked my self, what rights do I have to hurt my family and ignore the truth Allah has put forth? I have no rights at all. Are all these people wasting their time? I don’t think so.

The important thing is that we need to educate our selves of the truth we lack understanding. We need to be serious and remind our selves of the punishments waits ahead. The problem comes; we don’t fear Allah and what Qur’an says. If we do, then why do we go against it? It’s a clear point! Trust me, being on the path of Allah is the most wonderful decision one meets. But again, people prefer the enjoyment of this world.

The Holy Qur’an says:

بَلْ تُؤْثِرُونَ الْحَيَاةَ الدُّنْيَا - Nay, you prefer the life of this world
وَالْآخِرَةُ خَيْرٌ وَأَبْقَى - Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting [87:16, 17]

We could continue about this forever, the most important thing is we need to have a pure intention when we decide to change for good. We need to have faith in Allah and our Imaan and Nafs should be very strong and clear, only then we will be able to defend our selves from Shaitans attacks.

We should consider this very seriously before it’s too late. I am very happy and thankful to the Almighty that he made me realize of the mistakes and guided me to the only right path, still, I feel not even 1% perfect. Therefore, I’ve totally dedicated my whole life to Islam. I’ve applied to Hawzah in Iran and Inshallah once I get accepted; I will be conducting my studies for as long as it proceeds, whether it may be for 15 years or more.

Some people say, “Oh, he chose Islamic studies because he is a failure and is not educated enough to be accepted at a well known University”.

Well, this is totally absurd and degradation to our Islamic Scholars. I was offered a course at the Kent University in London, which will be commencing this year. Kent is one of the best universities in Art and Design. I am as well accepted at the Symbiosis Institute of Design for my Bachelors Degree in Communication Design which will be taking place on the 3rd of July this year. Yet, I choose to go for Islamic Education and leave all my decisions with Allah. Surely, he chooses the best for every living being.

Some people ask, “1) How are you going to survive if you won’t be educated to work in a firm, (2) how will you feed your family, (3) and how will you educate your children”?

My only one answer to these three questions would be, “Being a true Muslim, I am already working for a firm. If you really insist to know about the firm, then the firm is no other then the one whose boss is the boss of the worlds. “All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin. [1:2]” Therefore, I have nothing to fear. Those who fear are unbelievers, who are deeply in love with this world, and who have a great torment on the day of resurrection.

I really appreciate your concern, may Allah give you a strong faith and Imaan, ameen.

Thank you.

Allah Hafeez

So what do we have to say about it? Time we'd want to change ourselves for the better? Never thought about it? Very difficult? Don't want to leave our friends who are leading us astray?

Would appreciate comments!

Was'salaam!
By Sayyeda
Hey Muhammad Ali I was expecting a reply :P

Who wrote is not of much importance, but rather what you think about is more important! :)
Al An'aam (The Cattle)

Short tafsir on Suratul An'aam (The Cattle) Part 1[…]

ZIONIST CULT PROPAGANDA

Are the Jewish people really facing genocide or an[…]

Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline