Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Dialogues, discussion and debates between other faiths and sects.
In another tradition known as the hadith of the Truth (hadith al-haqq), the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his family, says: "'Ali is with the truth and the truth is with 'Ali; wherever the truth is, 'Ali will incline to it."

SUNNI REFERENCES: Ibn Qutaybah, al-Imamah wa al-Siyasah, Vol. I, p. 68; al-Hamawini, Fara'id al-simtayn, Chapter 37. al-Khatib al-Baghdadi, Tarikh Baghdad, Vol. IV, p. 21; Fakhr al-Din al-Razi, Fusul al-Muhimmah.
On the day of fraternization between Muhajirin (the emigrants) and Ansars (the inhabitants of Medinah who supported the Muhajirin). The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) said to Imam Ali (a.s.):

"You are my brother and I am your brother. If anybody asks you, tell him: I am the servant of Allah and the brother of His Messenger. No one would claim this after you but a liar."

SUNNI REFERENCES: Ibn Maja, Sahih; al-Tirmidhi, Sahih, vol. 2, p. 299; Al-Nisa'i, al Khasa'is, pp. 3-18; Mustadrak al-Sahihaian, vol. 3, p. 14; Ahmad bin Hanbal, al-Musnad, vol. 1, p. 159 and others, with slight difference in wordings.
By qamar
isn't it amazing that despite the fact that both the holy prophet and imam were muhajir, and brotherhood was being established between ansar and muhajir, there was none that was worthy of the brotherhood of the holy prophet except imam?
Exactly! and another amazing fact is that, if the Holy Prophet s.a.w.w had a choice of establishing brotherhood with either muhajir or ansar and he choosed Imam Ali a.s ,wasnt this choice of his a death blow to any of the muhajirs and ansars who claimed to be more better or equal to the unique position of Imam Ali a.s? If they had been in any ways more deserving of the position then Imam Ali ,wouldnt the Prophet of Allah know this and wouldn’t he have chosen them instead of Imam Ali a.s???

Doesnt this once and for all expose the true faces of the usurpers of caliphate on the basis of experience,age e.t.c e.t.c
Ali (AS) the best of people after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HF):

"...Jabir said: The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: Ali is the
best of humanity (after me), so whoever has doubt is a Kafir."

Sunni references:
- Kinooz Al-Haqa'iq, by Abdul Raouf al-Manawi, p92
- Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v7, p421

Here is another one:

...Zar quoting Abdullah, quoting Ali (AS), that the Prophet
(PBUH&HF) said: "Whoever does not say that Ali is the best in my
people, is a Kafir."

Sunni references:
- Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v3, p19
- Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v9, p419

also Barida narrated: The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said to Fatimah (AS) that: "I
gave you in marriage to the best in my Ummah, the most
knowledgeable in them, the best in patience in them, and the
first Muslim among them."

Sunni reference:
Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, p398
Umar Ibn al-Khattab said: "If all the seven planets, and the all
the seven heavens are put in one scale of balance and the faith
of Ali in the other, Ali's pan will turn the scales."

Sunni References:
- al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari
- Izalat al-Khifa Maqsad
A few exclusive merits of Ali ibn abi Talib, reported by the famous Historian Jalaluddin- al- Suyuti in his well known historical work Tarikh al Khulafa,which has been translated into English by Major H.S.Jarrar, Calcutta edition,1881 A.D. are given below:

(i) Ahmad bin Hanbal says: "There had not come down to us regarding the merits of any one of the companions of the Holy Prophet what has been transmitted concerning Ali." (Al Hakim).

(ii) Ibn Asakir from Ibn Abbas says: "There has not been revealed in the book of Allah regarding any one what has been revealed concerning Ali and that 300 verses have been revealed concerning Ali."

to be continued....
continuation (from the well known historical work ‘’Tarikh al Khulafa’’,as reported by the famous historian Jalaluddin-al-Suyuti)

(iii) Al Tabarani and Ibn Abi Hatim record from Ibn Abbas that he said: "The Lord never revealed the words: "O true believers" but, Ali was understood to be the Lord and the chief of them, and verily the Lord has reproved the companions of the Holy Prophet in various places but has never mentioned Ali save with approval."

to be continued.....
Last edited by Reyhana on 04 Dec 2012, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Continuation (from the well known historical work ‘’Tarikh al Khulafa’’,as reported by the famous historian Jalaluddin-al-Suyuti)

(iv) Al Tirmizi, Al Nisai and Ibn Maja from Habshi bin Junada say that the Holy Prophet said: "Ali is a part of me and I of Ali."

(v) Al Tabarani records in the Awsat from Jabir bin Abdullah that the Holy Prophet said: "The people are of various stocks but I and Ali are of one stock."

to be continued....
Last edited by Reyhana on 04 Dec 2012, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
continuation (from the well known historical work ‘’Tarikh al Khulafa’’,as reported by the famous historian Jalaluddin-al-Suyuti)

(vi) Al Tabarani records in the Aswat and Saghir from Ummi Salima that she narrates: "I heard the Holy Prophet say: "Ali with the Quran and the Quran with Ali shall not be separated until they arrive at the fountain of Kawthar in paradise."

(vii) Ibn Sad records on the authority of Ali that he said: "By Allah a verse of the Quran was never revealed but I know regarding what it was revealed and where it was revealed, for my Lord has given unto me a wise heart and an eloquent tongue."

(viii) Ibn Sad and others on the authority of Abu Tufayl record that Ali said: "Ask me regarding the book of Allah, for verily there is not a verse but I know whether it was revealed by night or by day, in the plains or on the mountains."

to be continued.....
Last edited by Reyhana on 04 Dec 2012, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

(ix) Ibn Masud says that the Holy Prophet said: "To look at Ali is devotion."

(x) Ibn Asakir on the authority of Abu Bakr records that the Holy Prophet said: "Looking at Ali is worship."

to be continued...............
Last edited by Reyhana on 04 Dec 2012, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

(xi) Muslim records on the authority of Ali that he said: "By Him who had cleft the seed and created the soul, verily the Holy Prophet stated to me that none but a true believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would hate me."

(xii) Al Tirmizi from Abu Sa-id al-Khudri says that he said: "We used to distinguish the hypocrites by their hatred of Ali."

to be continued.....
Last edited by Reyhana on 04 Dec 2012, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

(xiii) Al Tabarani from Ummi Salima says that the Holy Prophet said: "He who has loved Ali has verily loved me, and he who has hated Ali has verily hated me, and he who has hated me, verily hated the Lord."

(xiv) Abu Yula and Al-Bazzaz from Sad bin Abi Waqqas say that the Holy Prophet said: "He who annoys Ali, has annoyed me."

(xv) Ahmed bin Hanbal records and Al-Hakim, on the authority of Umme Salima verifies that she narrates:"I heard the Holy Prophet say: "He who has reviled Ali verily he has reviled me."

to be continued.......
Last edited by Reyhana on 04 Dec 2012, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

(xvi) Al Tirmizi and Al Hakim record from Ali that the Holy Prophet said: "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate."

(xvii) Sad bin Al-Musyib says that Umar bin Khattab used to pray to Allah to preserve him from a perplexing case which the father of Hasan (Ali), was not present to decide and that Umar said: "None of the companions used to say 'Ask me' except Ali."

(xviii) Abul Qasim-al-Zajajaji narrates in his dictations that Ali composed a work on the principles of the Arabic language, and the grammar of the Arabic language. to be continued......

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline