Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Dialogues, discussion and debates between other faiths and sects.
[Holy Quran 13:7] And those who disbelieve say: Why has not a sign been sent down upon him from his Lord? You are only a warner and (there is) a guide for every people.

It is related by the below reputed sunni authorities that when this verse was revealed, the Holy Prophet placing his hand upon his breast (pointing to himself) said,’I am the warner’, and placing his hand on the shoulder of Ali Ibne Abi Talib said: ''O Ali though are the guide and after thee thy issues shall be the ones those guided aright’’.

Reported and confirmed by the following sunni authorities/books: Ibne Mardwaih, Ibne Hatim, Tabarani, Ibne Asakir, Jalaluddin-e-Suyyoti, Musnad of Ahmade Hambal, Tafsire kabir of Fakhruddin Razi, Hulyatul Auliya of Hafiz abu-Nayeem.

Thalabi in his Tafsir relates on the authority of Ibn Abbas that when this verse was revealed the Holy Prophet said: "I am the warner and Ali is the guide. O Ali, through you those who are guided will receive true guidance."

This tradition has also been reported and confirmed by Ibn Marduwayh, Ibn Hatim, Tabarani, Ibn Asakir, Suyuti, Ahmad bin Hambal, Fakhruddin Razi and Abu Nu-aym.
Mabrook to all ASK members and lovers of Imam Ali a.s on this beautiful occasion, whereby we have been granted one more chance by Almighty Allah to celebrate His beloved wali's birth anniversary.
A great day for posting one more drop from the ocean of the merits of this Infallible personality who was second to NONE but the Holy Prophet:

[Holy Quran 13:43] And those who disbelieve say: You are not a messenger. Say: Allah is sufficient as a witness between me and you and whoever has knowledge of the Book.

By ‘the one who has the knowledge of the book’, means the one who is divinely endowed with the fullest of the inner as well as the outer meaning of the word of God.
People asked the Holy Prophet as to who the individual is. The Holy Prophet replied, My brother Ali ibne Abi Talib’.
See, Tafseer-e-Husainy, Tafsir-e-Tha’labi, Tarikhul-Khulafa of Jalaludeen Suyooti.

Ibn Mas'ud said: "The Holy Quran has outward and inward meanings, and Ali Ibn Abi Talib has the knowledge of both."
Sunni references: Hilyatul Awliyaa, by Abu Nu'aym, v1, p65

The Holy Prophet has said:
Verily the Quran has been revealed in seven letters. There is no letter which has not an evident and a latent meaning; and verily Ali knows the evident as well as the latent.
(Itiqan-Sahih Bukhari)
The Holy messenger of Allah said, "Ali stands in relation to me as my head to my body."

SUNNI REFERENCES: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/141;
Al-Jami' of Al-Suyuti, 1/583;
Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 1/51;
Haliyat Al-Awliya', 1/182;
Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/219.
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.w) said, "The hand of Ali (a.s) and my hand are equal in justice."

SUNNI REFERENCES: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/14;
Al-Tabari, 2/272;
Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli.
THE EVENT OF GHADEER-E-KHUM:

When the Holy Prophet (s) was informed that he was to join the Lord soon, he wished to perform his last Hajj and left Medina on the 23rd February, 632 A.D. On learning this, the Muslims considering that it was probably their last opportunity to perform the Hajj alongside the Prophet (s) especially gathered in great numbers.
While returning from the Hajj at a place called ‘Khum’, the Prophet (s) received the following verse:“O Messenger, proclaim that which has been made manifest to you by your Lord. If you fail to do so, the Mission shall remain unfulfilled. Allah will protect you from [evil] men. Surely, Allah does not guide the non believers.” [Holy Qur’an, 5:67]

The message in the verse was imperative and it cast an immediate obligation on the Prophet (s) to disclose it to the Muslims, despite his fears and awareness of possible undermining opposition by the hypocrites who had by then surrounded him in good numbers. The verse was the penultimate verse revealed to the Prophet (s), for, after this verse, the verse regarding the completion of the Prophetic Mission and Divine Guidance, was revealed as the last verse of the Qur’an. [1]
[1] ( Qur’an, 5:4, as-Suyuti’s ad-Durrul Manthur, vol.. 2, p. 259)...........................to be continued
The Prophet (s) immediately halted the caravan, had the area cleared of shrubs so as to accommodate the large gathering. He then ordered that those who had gone forward to retrace their steps and those who were lagging behind, to hurry up to join him. Wooden saddles of camels were collected and heaped one upon another to form a high pulpit or pedestal.[1]
The Prophet (s) ascended the pulpit along with Ali (a.s) and in full view of the gathering he tied a turban on his head in a gesture widely prevalent and understood in the East and by the Arabs to symbolize confirmation of succession to estate and office.[2]

SUNNI REFERENCES: [1] Ad-Durrul Manthur of as-Suyuti, vol. 2, p.298.
[2] Musnad of Taylasi, p. 23, Hadith No.154 Mohibuddin at-Tabari’s ar-Riyad an-Nadira, Part 2, Ch. 4, Section 9, p. 217.
.............to be continued
The Prophet (s) then asked the gathering, “Do you bear witness that I have discharged my Mission and guided you in the path of Allah?” The crowd replied, “Indeed we bear witness to that.”
The Prophet (s) said, “Very shortly I will be recalled to my Creator. I am leaving behind me two precious things amidst you. One is the Qur’an – the Word of God; and the other is my progeny [Ahlul Bayt]. They are both intrinsically and inseparably linked with each other and will remain so linked until they reach me at the Hawdh [pond] on the Day of Resurrection. Firmly adhere to both of them. You will, then, not go astray or be misled into error.”[3]

SUNNI REFERENCES: [3]
Sahih of Muslim, vol. 7 p. 122-123, Mustadrak, vol. 3 p.109, 110, 148, Musnad of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal, vol. 3 p. 14, 17, 26 – vol. 4, p. 367, 371 – vol. 5 182, 189, ibn Asakir’s Tarikh, vol. 5 p.436, Shibli’s Siratun Nabi, vol. 1 Part 2, p.131-132. Kanzul Ummal, vol. 6 p.390, vol. 3, 61, The Caliphate p. 181
The Prophet (s) then said, “God is my Moula (guardian). Am I not the Moula of you all (the Muslim Ummah) ?.” They replied, “Certainly you are our Moula and the Moula of all Muslims.”

The Prophet (s) then held aloft Ali (a.s) in his arms so much so that the Prophet (s) himself was hidden behind Ali (a.s). Holding Ali (a.s) thus, the Prophet (s) declared, “Whoever I am his guardian, this Ali is to be his guardian.”
The Prophet (s) repeated this thrice and then prayed, “O God, Be a friend to the friends of him; be an enemy to the enemies of him; help those who help him; abandon those who abandon him.”[4]

SUNNI REFERENCES: [4]
Musnad of Ahmad bin Hanbal, vol. 1, p.152, vol. 4, p. 282, 368 and 372, Mishkat, p.565, ibn Kathir’s Tarikh, vol. 5 p. 208-214, Tathkiratul Huffadh by ath-Thahabi, vol. 3 p.231, ibn Hajar al-Makki’s as-Sawa’iq, Ch. 9, Section 2, p. 7, Kanzul Ummal, vol. 6 p. 403, 407, Mohibbuddin at-Tabari, Part 2, Ch 4, Section 6, p. 169,170, 204, Habib al-Sayyar’s Tarikh, vol. 1 Part 3, p. 77, Madarijun Nubuwwah, Part 4, Ch 13,p. 220, Tathkira of Sibt ibnul Jawzi, Ch. 2, p.18, The Caliphate, p. 181-182.
Last edited by Reyhana on 16 Oct 2014, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
The Prophet (s) then commanded all those who were present to remember and record this message and pass it on to everyone in their respective cities, towns and villages and to propagate it to whoever was not present at that time and to repeat it whenever any two Muslims met, so as to preserve the message for posterity.
Then, the Prophet (s) got down from the pulpit along with Ali (a.s). He set up a separate tent in which he seated Ali (a.s) and directed all those present to congratulate and swear allegiance to him (Imam Ali).
For three days, the proceedings went on. People like Abu Bakr, Umar ibn al-Khattab, and other companions were among the first to rush forth and congratulate Imam Ali (a.s) on his appointment as the immediate successor to the Prophet (s). They paid their fealty and swore their allegiance to Imam Ali (a.s).[5]

SUNNI REFERENCES:{5}
Musnad of Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, vol. 4, p. 281, Kanzul Ummal, vol. 8, p.60, Tarikh of Habibus Sayyar, vol. 1 Part 3, p.77, ar-Riyadun Nadira, vol. 2, Ch.4, Section 13, p. 230, Madarijun Nubuwwa, Part 4, Ch.13, p.217
In Tafsir Durr al Manthur, Jalaluddin Suyuti quotes Ali ibna abi Talib: Our position in Islam to the Muslims is the same as the gate of hitta was to the Bani Israil.

The above is in relation to ayat 58 of Sura Baqarah:

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا ادْخُلُوا هَٰذِهِ الْقَرْيَةَ فَكُلُوا مِنْهَا حَيْثُ شِئْتُمْ رَغَدًا وَادْخُلُوا الْبَابَ سُجَّدًا وَقُولُوا حِطَّةٌ نَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ خَطَايَاكُمْ ۚ وَسَنَزِيدُ الْمُحْسِنِينَ {58}
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:58]
The city mentioned here may be in the land of Canaan according to Numbers 33:52 of the Old Testament.
As commanded by Allah, Musa gave instructions to the Bani Israil to enter the city through its gate prostrating, and saying: "I seek forgiveness of the Lord and turn repentant unto Him", because therein they would live in peace and harmony with plenty of provisions.

The Holy Prophet informed his followers, Muslims, about another city with its gate.

He said:
I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate.

If anyone wants to come into contact with the divinely endowed wisdom of the Holy Prophet, he should first get familiar with Ali not only by building up close attachment with him but also by paying homage to him with expression of reverence

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline