Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Dialogues, discussion and debates between other faiths and sects.
ALL THE PROOFS ARE FROM AHLE SUNNAT BOOKS.

Source: http://www.shiasoft.com/Books/islamic-a ... 09805.html

Abu Sa'eed used to relate that he had seen the Prophet doing his prostration (Sijdah ) on wet mud, so much so that he could see the stains of mud on his forehead.
Saheeh Bukhari, Part I, p. 104

The Prophet used to rest his forehead on the earth (turba) while prostrating.
Saheeh Bukhari, Part 1, p. 97

The Prophet used to do his prostration on Khumrah (Sijdaghah).
(1) Saheeh Bukhari, Part 2, p. 214 & p.243
(2) Jam'a Tirmizee, p.46
(3) Kanzul Ummal, Part 2, p. 12

The Prophet declared that the best spot for prostration was the earth or a thing that grows from the earth.
Kanz-ul-Ummal Part 4. p. 113

"The Prophet said to his wife Umme Salma, "Please fetch the `Khamrah' (Sajdaghah) from the mosque." The word Khumrah means a small piece of chatai made from palmleaf on which only the head could be rested when prostrating. lbn-e-Aseer in his Jam'a-ul-Usool has written, "Khumrah is the Sijdagah on which the Shi'as of our time perform their prostration on."

"I maintain that by this tradition it is `sunnat' to keep a `sajdagah'. Those who forbid it and call it the way of the `Rafzees' are wrong. To practice this `sunnat', I often perform my prostration on a fan made from palmleaf and do not care about the criticism of the ignorant. We are concerned only with the `sunnat' of the Prophet, no matter whether they call it the way of the `Rafzees' or `Kharijees'. Let them rave about it."
Sunni `Alim Maulana Vahidul Zamankhan
Anwar-ul-Laghat, Chap. 7, p. 118
source: http:// http://www.ezsoftech.com/medical/prayer ... cience.asp

Do you know? Your Body receives a huge amount of Electromagnetic waves daily!
You get these Electromagnetic waves through the electrical equipments that you use and many other various electrical equipments around you live! Also, through the electrical lights which can not be switched off in certain cases for even an hour!

You are a source which receives huge amounts of electromagnetic waves! In other words, you are charged with electromagnetic waves without realizing it!

Due to this electromagnetic charge! You have headache! You feel uncomfortable! Laziness, dizziness and pain!
What will be the solution for all the above harmful effects?

A non-Muslim Scientist (from Europe) made a research from which he concluded that the best way for the body to remove the positive Electromagnetic charges which hurts the body is: By putting your forehead on the ground more than once, so that the ground will discharge the positive harmful Electromagnetic charges!

This is similar to the grounding of the buildings where any positive electrical signals (Like thunders) would be discharged through the ground. So, put your forehead on the ground to discharge the positive electrical signals!

What makes this research more amazing is that: The best is to put your forehead on the sand.
And it becomes more amazing that: The best way is to put your forehead on the ground while you are positioned to the centre of the Earth! Since you will be able to discharge the electromagnetic signals in a better and more efficient way!

And you will be amazed when you know that Makkah is scientifically proven to be the centre of the Earth! And that Holy Kaaba is the exact centre of the Earth!

So, "Sajdah (Prostration) on Turbah (Piece of Clay for Prostration)" in your prayers (Salah or Salat) is the best way to discharge the harmful electromagnetic signals from your body daily five times!

It is also the ideal way to be very close from the Almighty Allah (SWT) who created this universe in such a creative way! Almighty Allah (SWT) will always ask us to do things because they are helpful and useful for us!
There are cases when we won't know the reason for a certain act, but sooner or later, you might be able to find the reason! In any case, you should trust the Almighty Allah (SWT) and know that whatever you do for Him, is the best for you!

We do not prostrate to discharge the electromagnetic waves, but to obey the Almighty Allah (SWT)! We trust that in His commands, there is always a wisdom! Our trust is because He is the Creator, He knows everything!
However, since a scientific reason is available, it was essential to show it to the people so that they can see that whatever Muslims do, is good for them!
I am sorry but I am skeptical of this.
Prostrating on earth has its benefits, but I doubt electrical discharge is one of them. Standing barefoot on the ground can have the same effect.

Also, who is this "non-Muslim Scientist (from Europe)"? Sounds like peacock words to me :biggrin:
i was speaking to someone who specializes in treating people using crystal healing as well as reiki. He says that after each healing session he 'earths' himself.

So the concept of earthing the 'negative' energies from ones body is quite accepted.

Perhaps the difference between the 'earthing effect' by standing on earth barefooted and while doing sujood can be studied to identify if there are any differences. Here is why I think there may be significant differences:

1. Brain is the most 'electric' area of the human body
2. The position of sujood possibly allows for an efficient flow of these energies
1. Brain is the most 'electric' area of the human body
But the whole body is connected...
2. The position of sujood possibly allows for an efficient flow of these energies
Then doing sajdah on a prayer mat will have the same effect as doing sajdah on a mohr placed on a prayer mat.

FWIW, "Claims for Reiki energy have no known theoretical or biophysical basis"
http://www.sram.org/0301/bioenergetic-fields.html
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... E5D.d03t02
Sajdah is a unique position as this is the only position in which brain (or head) becomes lower than the heart and hence for the first time the blood gushes towards the brain with full force whereas in all other positions (even when lying) brain is above the heart when it has to work against gravity to send blood to the brain.

Found some interesting information ,am posting some excerpts from it.Those interested in reading the whole article should click on the following link:
http://www.islamicbulletin.org/newslett ... ience.aspx

Sujood and Mental Health
In his book, Sujood (Prostration), Dr. Ahmed Sakr states, "In Islam the concept and action of prostration (al-Sujood) is very important. It is important physically, medically, morally, spiritually and biologically. Prostration has been mentioned in the Qur'an 92 times in 22 different forms and in 32 different surahs.

In the Qur'an Surah Al-Sajdah (prostration) says, "Only those believe in Our Signs who, when they are recited to them, fall down in prostration, and celebrate the praises of their Lord, nor are they puffed up with pride." (Qur'an 32:15)With the advancement of science and technology, and the whirl that existence in the west can be, one feels obligated to mention one method that brings peace, harmony, accord, tranquility, and happiness. This practice is Sujood or prostration!

People today are exposed to many daily frustrations. They are also propounded with many electrostatic charges from the atmosphere. These charges are precipitated on the central nervous systems (CNS) which becomes supersaturated. One has to get rid of these extra charges, otherwise, there is the possibility of headaches, neck aches, muscle spasms, etc. The use of anti-depressants, tranquilizers and other mood altering drugs could be reduced or eliminated with the practice of Sujood.

The best way to rid oneself of these extra electrostatic charges is by dissipating them and discharging them from the body. In the same way that an electrical appliance needs to be grounded by the use of an electric cord, a person will find it helpful to do likewise.

The frontal areas of the brain are those that control abstract thought, creativity, conscience, and personality. Therefore, "grounding" oneself by putting the forehead (the frontal portion of the brain) on the ground during Sujood has beneficial medical (grounding) properties. The action of putting the forehead, nose, hands, knees, and toes all in contact with the ground at the same time during Sujood will result in a calming feeling resulting from dissipation of the electromagnetic energy."

Drs. Abdul Ahad and Mehdi Hassan in their article "Some Medical Aspects of Al-Salat" say about prostration, "During Sajdah, a person has to support his body on knees, hands, and forehead. This posture has its effect on the intervertebral joints, especially cervical and other spinal diseases. During sajdah, while the person lays his body weight on legs flexed at knees, these muscles are put in action to various degrees which aids venous return and acts as a massage for these muscles."

During prostration, muscles are exercised, blood flow is increased, lung capacity is utilized...all leading to better physical health. This in turn results in better mental health, not only because of the physical activity, but due to the spiritual process also.
Muhammad Mahdi wrote: FWIW, "Claims for Reiki energy have no known theoretical or biophysical basis"
neither does the concept of removing najr. But you've seen it work haven't you?
hasin wrote:
Muhammad Mahdi wrote: FWIW, "Claims for Reiki energy have no known theoretical or biophysical basis"
neither does the concept of removing najr. But you've seen it work haven't you?
To tell you the truth, I don't buy much into that. If I remember correctly, Malim Issa also advised against that. However, that is another matter.
havent you ever gotten najar removed?

Maalim Issa used to issue taawiz. How do you think ayats of the Holy Quran work when worn on ones body? And how is this different from ayats of the quran recited to remove najar? What is the concept?
havent you ever gotten najar removed?
Perhaps when I was young that I could not control the situation...

Nonetheless, removing najar (if it exists) with Quranic verses is quite different from using techniques developed by a Buddhist monk which claims to transfer healing energy through their palms to the diseased.
Perhaps we can open another topic on "removing Najar"
There are some who remove by breaking an Egg or coconut or something.
But according to the sheikh, if these people can do so, we ourselves have the power to do so.
quick tips : recitation of 4 Qul
believing and having faith to certainty that God is the All Powerful and if He is watching over His humble servant than no eye can hurt anybody.
Salaam
Yesterday I was invited in an Ibadhi mosque in Zanzibar. They forced me to lead them in Isha prayers which i did in a taqiyah way while putting intention on the shia way. Then they forced me to deliever a khutba. I sat on a chair within the mihrab, and i talked about syria and about companions buried there and the Christians and Jews. Then i permitted them to ask me questions,and one of them asked me concerning shias prostrating on earth.I replied,"According to shia fiqh,the sajda part must be ta
Last edited by Ustaz Hussein on 11 Nov 2011, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
According to shia fiqh, the sijdah part must be tahir, and secondly they have proven traditions that sijdah must be done on earth, and thirdly the Shafite Sunnis also dont permit sijdah on caps and turban, and fourthly the Ibadhi Kharijite scholars dont permit sijdah on coloured marbles and tiles and thus the Shia follow this".
The people in the mosque then asked,"Are u a shia". In the usual taqiyah tone I responded,"No, i just follow the truth and we ought to read and follow the reality".Then thanked me a

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline