Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Dialogues, discussion and debates between other faiths and sects.
By Ustaz Hussein
----- Forwarded Message ----
To: odeh@somalionline.com
Sent: Mon, 30 November, 2009 8:07:45
Subject: disobedience of the sahaba

Muslim has recorded it at the end of Kitab Al-Wasiyya ( The chapter on will) vol 2 p.14
Ibn Abbas reported: When Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) was about to leave this world, there were persons (around him) in his house, ‘Umar b. al-Khattab being one of them. Allah’s Apostle (s.a.w) said: Come, I may write for you a document; you would not go astray after that. Thereupon Umar said:Verily Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) is deeply afflicted with pain. You have the Qur’an with you. The Book of Allah is sufficient for us. Those who were present in the house differed. Some of them said: Bring him (the writing material) so that Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) may write a document for you and you would never go astray after him. And some among them said what Umar had (already) said, When they indulged in nonsense and began to dispute in the presence of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) he said: Get up (and go away). Ubaidullah said : Ibn Abbas used to say: There was heavy loss, indeed a heavy loss, that, due to their dispute and noise, Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) could not write (or dictate) the document for them.

Sa’id ibn Jubair said that Ibn Abbas said:â€The Thursday! Oh what an unfortunate Thursday.†Then his eyes watered and his tears regularly flowed down his cheeks like a string of pearls. Then he continued: “ The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said ‘Bring to me a piece of paper and an inkpot, or a tablet and inkpot, that I may write down for you a document after which you will never go astray.’ But they remarked: ‘Certaily the Messenger of Allah is talking nonsense (yahjar).

Bukhari also recorded this tradition in the chapter of The Words of the Patient vol4 p.5 on the authority of Ubaidullah ibn Atbai ibn Mas’ud quoting consecutive sources up to him.

Imam Ahmad has reported the tradition of Ibn Abbas in his Musnad.Vol.1 p.325

And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it]. Quran 2:42

From my own research I came to the conclusion that some of our history is very dark as the shias claim and we have to face it and find an answer for it.
What happened in "The dark Thursday" when our beloved Prophet (s.w.w) asked for pen and paper so he could dictate us something that would not divide us and Omar said that the Prophet (s.w.w.) was delirious do not give him anything.
What happend in Saqifa? Who was present there and how was the first Khalifa chosen ?"
Why Fatima bint Rasulullah was angry at the Khalifa and his supporters till the time she passed away?
Who was at the head of the first civil war between the muslim ummah the war of Jamal and who was at the head of that war ?
How many times Abu Bakr fainted in his deathbed and yet he was allowed to write his will and was not called delirious ?

I thank you bro. Hussein Mustafa for your guidance. I have come to the conclusion to leave Salafism and convert to Shiite Islam.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline