My Life History by Ustaz Hussein (a member of Ask)

Dialogues, discussion and debates between other faiths and sects.
abuali
Ask Admin

My Life History by Ustaz Hussein (a member of Ask)

Postby abuali » 16 Feb 2008, 00:26

Ustaz Hussein wrote:My name is Hussein. I was born on April, 1988 in Dar-es-salaam> (Tanzania). I loss my mother when I was 20days old n then my father> died when I was 2yrs old. From birth, I was an Ibaadhi Sunni. Ibaadhis> have beliefs like Sunnis (e.g, 4 Caliphs, Qadhaa n Qadar,> infallibility of Sahabas,etc),n they originate from Khawarij but they> aren’t Khawarij. My mother was an Indian Khurshid Parmar (the name> Parmar is from my mum’s lineage), my father was an Arab Syed. Mustafa> Abubakr al-Alawiy al-Hashmiil Qureyshi. Ibaadhis also have some acts> like that of Shiites (eg, praying with hands unfolded, not saying> ‘Amin’ after al-Hamd, believing that God is unseen, not raising the> finger 4 at-Tahiyyat). I was adopted by my grandparents. Since> childhood, I was a practicing Muslim n even a great researcherer.> After completing my primary studies, I went 2 a Sufi Madrasa were I> learned fluent Arabic, Quran n Aqaid.>> But it was when I was in this Sufi Madrasa where Dhikr, Tasawuf,> Nakshbandi n so on was practiced that I got some Wahhabi ideas. I> started 2 teach my friends that this all is Bida’h. I then converted 2> Wahhabism, doing my prayers in Wahhabi style, n ileft practicing> Maulid, Khitma, Barazngiy n such stuffs. The Sufi authorities told me> to leave the Madrassah. I then was at home, practicing Wahhabism n> preaching others 2 do so as I believed it 2 be the true Islam n I had> hatred on Shiism though I hadn’t read their books by that time. I used> 2 say,”Tell me 2 convert to Christianity, I will but not Shiism” or> “These all Bida’hs particularly Sufism originated from Shiism”, n even> I slandered some of the Shii scholars (which I hope God will forgive> me). On 2003, under the guidance of a friend, I went to study in> Arusha about Islam. But 2 my surprise, when I reached there, I saw> that it was a Shiite Howze. Therefore I couldn’t return back, I had to> be there. When I was there, I actively opposed Shiism (I hope my> friends in Arusha remember this well. Recently, I met one n I told> him,’I am a Shiite now’, he said,’No. I can’t believe it. The way u> were despising Shiism. U r lying 2 me’).>> But then there, I read Shiite books like ‘Then I was guided’ by> Dr.Tijani, ‘Tahqiq fil-wahhabiya’ by Jaffar Subhani, ‘History of> Islam’ by Shk. Mayunga,etc. But still, I was opposing Shiism till the> extent I considered them infidels. On July, 2003, I ran away the> Arusha Madressa of Ahlulbayt (as) centre n I took my bag n I abought a> ticket to run away to Dar-es-salaam (n this was the hatred I had on> the guidance of Islam, Shiism). The Shii authorities in Arusha found> out that I have escaped the Madressa n gone away. Then, once again in> DSM, I did a big research on each n every Shiite beliefs n the books> that I read in Arusha. I used to go to Shia Mosques n practicing> Taqayya (though Sunnis forbid it) so that I recognize them and what is> their belief. Finnally on the end of 2003, Alhamdulillah, I converted> to Shiism.>> My old friends started to say,’That boy is a munafiq. He used to> slander the Shiites while now he is with them. Money has taken him> there”. I said,”What money do I receive from the Shiites?”. I then> committed myself 2 the vilayah of Mowlana Ali ibn Abitalib, the Imam> of the easts and the wests (kw) n his Godly children, Imams of> guidance. I learned the praying in Shia’ style (which was almost> similar to the Ibaadhi style), the Wudhu’ in Shia’ n other acts of> worship in Shiism which they received them from the holy Prophet> Muhamad (saaw) through his purified household, I say,”Shias are the> real followers of the Sunnah, the original traditionalists” and “How> can someone from outside know what is inside? It is the people of the> house who know what is inside their house and of the book revealed to> them and the Apostle who guarded them, their grandfather” n ‘The Sunna> of Muawiyah is the Sunnah of Sunnis”. When I converted to Shiism, my> maternal uncle (who supervised our house)told me 2 go away,”If u r a> Shiite, get out of the house”. On 2004, I was told 2 leave the house.> I was first sleeping at a Sunni Mosque (Qadri tariqah Mosque)n I was> eating at the house of Shk. Khalfan, an Ibaadhi Sheikh who was an> herbalist n was my Sheikh since childhood (he was also a Syed, n very> fortunate 4 me, he had love 4 Ahlul-bayt (as)n was very friendly 2> me). He, May Allah bless his soul, helped me so much. I was eating at> his house n used 2 past my time there. I couldn’t sleep there coz his> wife didn’t please it. Sleeping at the Mosque, I studied Shiism n> other secular studies. On late 2005, I went to the cultural centre of> the Islamic republic of Iran n I told them that I want 2 study Shiism.> Dr. Ranjbar, the councilor, said that he couldn’t take me abroad so he> enrolled me in the Bilal Muslim Mission Howza in DSM. I then was> sleeping at the Howza, learning Islam and staying there. I studied the> Shiite Aqida (doctrine), Fiqh (Sharia’h laws according to Shii) n> Taarekh (History of 12 infallible Imams-AS). On 2006, August, I heard> the news of death of my Sheikh, Shk. Khalfan, who used to aid me. It> came to me as a disastrous shock and I couldn’t control myself.>> By now the Howza has no sleeping resources, so I sleep at the same> Sunni Mosque n study, eat, past my time at Magomeni Howza. I even did> a deep research on other sects like Shia Ismailism (followers of H.H.> Agakhan), Qadianism (Ahmediyya), Bahaism (offshoot of Babism), Sikhism> (Guru Nanak Dev), Christianity, Hinduism, Saibaba n Bohoras (Fatimid> Shiis). I even studied the Nuseyris, Druze and Zaydis. During my> research period, I also attended the Christian Anglican prayer> services under pastor Diven (He was my best friend and a pre-Hindu. He> is a recognized Pastor). He used 2 pray 4 the healing of everyone. I> used to attend their prayers and sing their hymns every Wednesdays and> Sundays in the church of Pastor Diven. But then I saw it a stupidity,> whatever I saw in the church was a mere enchantment, Yoga,> brainwashing and theft (being committed by Priests worldwide in the> name of Christ) and not healing as they speak. I hope Pastor Diven> will accept Islam through me.>> I also attended prayer services at Gurdwara (Sikh Temple)n I saw their> worship n studied about their Gurus. I also attended Ismaili> Jamatkhanas in Darkhana. I studied the names n histories of their 49> disputed Imams. I went also to the Bahai’ centres (mashariq al-adhkar)> were I studied the life of the Bab n Bahaullah (Mirza Hussayn Ali> Noori). Finnally, wherever I went, I have seen one and only proper> sect which has no doubt and has guidance to all and that is Shia> Ithna-ashariya, the true way and the path of the 12 Imams and the true> way of paradise. The 12 Imams are the real successors of Rasulullah> (saaw). Propeht (saaw) said,” 12 Imams shall succed me, the first of> them Ali and the lsat of them will have a name like my name, he will> reappear after that he will go into seclusion and he will fill the> earth with justice and equality after that it will be filled with> oppression and injustice”. The Islamic republic of Iran was built on> three pillars:>> * The revolution, message and commemoration of Aba Abdillah> Hussein (as) and the Heroes of Karbala who gave their lives for> Islam, humanity and the oppressed class.> * The belief of the reappearance of a redeemer and a saviour, Imam> al-Mahdi (atf) as it is recorded in the old testament, Gospel,> the Zand Avesta, the Vedas, the Buddha Dadang, the holy Qura’n> and Sahih Bukhari (which was reaveled by Allah (swt) to the> Sunni Muslims through Abuhanifa, sent by God to Sunnis. Isn’t it?).> * The Authority of the Mujtahed. The supreme Islamic leader who> represents Imam al-Mahdi (atf).>> >> Finaally, I say “Praise be to Allah, the lord of the worlds”!>> >> +255 717 511280
Fatimah Zahra Karim
Ask Senior
Ask Senior

Re: My Life History by Ustaz Hussein (a member of Ask)

Postby Fatimah Zahra Karim » 16 Feb 2008, 08:57

I'm sorry Ustaz Hussein...but I've just been wondering...are you the original writer of the previous post? (all the > arrows make it look like it's been copy pasted from an email that's been forwarded :?)
If Allah assists you, there is none that can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, then who is there that can assist you after Him? And on Allah should the believers rely (Qur'an 3:160)
ustazhussein
Ask Member
Ask Member

Postby ustazhussein » 01 Sep 2009, 07:20

Salaam sister,

I am not the one who forwarded the email to the website directly. Its an email i wrote to some of my friends among whom was brother Hasin who so the importance to post it
Verily Islam is the religion with God
Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 01 Sep 2009, 13:35

Your mobile number must have changed since then ;) :lol:
The educated man has the right to manipulate the ignorant, if the ignorance of the of the ignorant is due to his own ignorance.
abuali
Ask Admin

Postby abuali » 01 Sep 2009, 14:57

I believe brother Hussein is currently in Syria. So the number wont work
Umm.aly
Ask Mod

Postby Umm.aly » 02 Sep 2009, 21:16

Interesting history! So how did u end up in Syria?
/\/\ |=|
Ustaz Hussein
Ask Novice
Ask Novice

Postby Ustaz Hussein » 10 Sep 2009, 07:34

Though criticims in the Khoja culture is a way of life but it can never be labbeled as a solution of problems.
Alakulihaal, I am in Syria for Shiite religious studies. Its 6 months now, i am in Syria. I have come here though through the instigation of the Iranian counsultate but though through friends help also that i can never forget.
I praise Allah who guided me to the vilayah of Imam Ali (as) and i ask Allah (swt) to do the same to others who are still in spiritual darkness.

May Allah be with you!

Return to “Inter-religious Dialogue”