Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Dialogues, discussion and debates between other faiths and sects.

Sunni Ahadith

Sunni Ahadith are Authentic.
No votes
0%
I think Sunni Ahadith are Authentic... are they?
No votes
0%
Not All Sunni Ahadith are Authentic!
50%
I was SHOCKED to read how Bukhari insults our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w)!
25%
"The most Authentic book after the Holy Qur'an" - ASTAGHFIRULLAH!
No votes
0%
Is Sunni really a part of Islam?!?
No votes
0%
I think Sunnis and Shi'as are ONE and the SAME!
No votes
0%
It is High-Time Sunnis and Shi'as need to put themselves together!
25%
Instead of Sunni Ahadith, this topic should be about SHI'AS!
No votes
0%
Ah! Who cares? Let us live a Good Life!
No votes
0%
By Muntazir
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Rahim

As Salaamun 'aleykum

In this section, I will be sharing a few, selected Sunni Ahadith which I shall come across through my studies.

I wish to welcome all of you to give some thought, opinion and comment on the Ahadith keeping in mind that a faithful will always keep up to his/her full-respect and will not try to hurt anybody's feelings or attack the difference. We shall only discuss these records from the past and try to understand the different thinking, appreciate to how we are and try to guide others if we find anything wrong or so forth.

I, as well welcome our Sunni brothers and sisters (if there are any) to join us into this topic and share with us of what we know not.

Let us understand each-other.

I would like to request Br. Hasin to allow multiple vote on this section.

Thank you.
By Muntazir

As Salaamu 'aleykum

On the authority of Ibn 'Umar who reported that Gibrael promised to visit the Messenger of Allah (s.w.a) but delayed it. That shocked the Holy Prophet (s.w.a). When he came out of his house, Gibrael met him. The Messenger of Allah (s.w.a) complained to him of the delay. He (Gibrael) replied: We do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. (Sahih Bukhari)

Riyadus Saliheen (The Paradise of the Pious) Compiled by Imam Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf an-Nahawi. Vol. 2, p. 240, hadith 1685

(Please, remember once again, we only aim for a better understanding and guiding others towards the truth. Misuse of this topic shall be requested an end to it for its good.)
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Wa alaykum salaam

I think this thread is a good idea; it will help us understand others muslims, and guide them wherever we think they have misunderstood. And if it is we who have misundertood, then we will benefit from the discussion, I am sure.

I have heard of ahadith from the Imams narrating that angels do not visit a house where there is a dog. I'll try and get a reference for it, if I can. Never heard about the pictures part...
By Muntazir

As Salaamun 'aleykum

Pictures & Dogs

Some Scholars say that making of a solid model which can cast its shadow is strictly prohibited. Pictures on t-shirts and on the walls are Makrooh, while some say it’s prohibited. (It is prohibited to wear a t-shirt while offering prayers, the Namaaz becomes void.)

(Note: T-Shirts that have pictures of animals, etc.)

Fatimah Zahra Karim:
I have heard of ahadith from the Imams narrating that angels do not visit a house where there is a dog. I'll try and get a reference for it, if I can.
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.w) said: Gibrael said that we, group of angels do not enter a house which has a dog, or a statue, or a utensil in which people urinate. (This Hadith is a lot different to the one of the Sunnis)

Fatimah Zahra Karim:
Never heard about the pictures part...
It is related from Imam Moosa e Kazim (a.s) that one should not pray in a house in which there is a picture next to vey (vey is a Persian word which means he or she وِی). In case of no alternative either strike out the picture or turn it over and only then offer Namaaz.

Otherwise you can keep a tasbih (rosary beads) before the Mohr and then offer your Namaaz if one fears of any distraction or no possibility of turning the picture. (My Hawza Principal had told me once when he saw my friend turning Imam Khomeini’s picture while praying Namaaz.) However, I’ve studied that it’s not a problem in itself, as far as, it doesn’t mislead you or anyone around you.

(Ta’dhibul Islam by P.E.T Publications, P.179 – 180)

It has been narrated by Imam Saadiq (a.s) that it is Makrooh to keep a dog in a house of a Muslim.

It has been narrated by Imam Ali (a.s) that having a dog is not Kheyr, except for hunting or for cattle.

Imam Saadiq (a.s) narrates that black dogs are from the Jin. He also narrates that a full white dog or with a single color are also from the Jins.

And it goes on.

Please see on (Chapter 9: on Dogs, p. 324 – 326, Helyah Al Mottaqin by Allamah Muhammad Baaqir Majlisi) for more of these Ahadith. (The book is in Farsi)
Last edited by Muntazir on 19 Jun 2007, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
By Muhammad Mahdi
(It is prohibited to wear a t-shirt while offering prayers, the Namaaz becomes void.)
According to Ayatullah Sesstani its valid
By Muntazir

As Salaamun 'aleykum

Brother, can you please provide us with some proofs?

Or I guess you've read it wrong. I didn't mean to say "T-shirts", but T-shirts that have pictures on it. I've edited and put a "Note" sign below it.

However if otherwise, please give us some direction.
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Regarding the poll: I am of the opinion that not all sunni ahadith are correct; neither are all shi'a ahadith. The Holy Qur'an is the ONLY book protected by Allah (swt) from corruption. All other things are corriptible, hence the necessity of Imams. Even the most authentic Shi'a books like Bihaarul Anwaar and al-Kafi have some weak and doubtful ahadith in them. So any hadith one comes across has to be scrutinised, no matter what its source. If it is accepted by the intellect, it is most probably sahih.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Islamic Laws
# 874 Pg 166

(it is makrooh)...to wear a dress which has images printed or drawn on it...or to wear a ring which has images engraved on it.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline