Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Anything and everything about the greatest miracle, The Holy Qur'an.
On page 88, Vol 1, of Mujma al-Bayan fi Tafsir al-Qur’an, al-Tibrisi cites a tradition through a chain of narrator wherein the Prophet of islam is quoted as saying, “Whoever recites Surat al-Fatiha will be rewarded as though he had read two thirds of the Holy Qur’an and will be (in addition to that) given rewards as though he gave charity to each and every believing man and woman. “ Just imagine how generous the Almighty is!”

Ubayy ibn Ka’b is cited in the same reference saying, I once recited Surat al-Fatiha in the presence of the messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and his progeny, who said to me, ‘I swear by the One Who controls my life, Allah never revealed any chapter in the Torah, The Gospel, the Psalms, or (even) in the Qur’an like it. It is the mother of the Book, and it is the seven oft- repeated verses. It is divided between Allah & his servant , and His servant will get whatever he asks Him for.”

The messenger of Allah(saww) said once to Jabir ibn Abdullah al-Ansari, one of His greatest Sahaba, may Allah be pleased with all his good Sahaba, “O Jabir!Shall I teach you the merits of a sura which Allah revealed in his Book?” Jabir said, “ Yes, O Messenger of Allah! May both my parents be sacrificed for your sake! Please do!” The messenger of Allah(saww) taught him Surat al-Hamd, the “Mother of the Book,” then said to him, “Shall I tell you something about it?” “Yes O Messenger of Allah(saww) ,” Jabir responded, “May my father and mother be sacrificed for your sake!” The Messenger of Allah (saww) said, “It cures everything except Death.” Imam Jafar al-Sadiq is quoted on the same page as saying, “Anyone who is not cured by the book’s Fatiha cannot be cured by anything else.”

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib has said,
The Messenger of Allah has said, “Allah the Exalted One, the Sublime, said to me”(O Muhammed!) We have bestowed upon you seven oft-repeated verses and the Great Qur’an(Verse 87of surat al-Hijr); so, express your appreciation for it by reciting the Book’s Fatiha,’thus comparing it to the entire Qur’an.” Surat al-Fatiha is the most precious of the treasures of the Arsh. Allah specifically chose Muhammed to be honoured by it without having done so to any of his prophets with the exeption of prophet Sulayman(Solomon) Who was granted (only this verse) of it:Bismillahr-Rahmanir-Rahim (Verse 30 of chapter 27;Surat al-Naml).

So Whoever recites it sincerely believing that He/She is following in the footsteps of Muhammed and his Progeny, abiding by its injunctions, believing in its apparent as well as hidden meanings,Allah will give him for each of its letters a good deed better than all this world and everything in it of wealth and good things. And whoever listens to someone reciting it will receive a third of the rewards the reciter receives; so, let each one of you accumulate of such available goodness, for its surely is a great gain. Do not let it pass you by, for then you will have a great sigh in your hear about it.”

Al-Tibrisi, in his exegesis Mujma ul-Bayan fi Tafsir al-Qur’an, provides nine names for the first chapter of the Holy Qur’an, namely Surat al-Fatiha:

1) Al-Fatiha, the one that opens, for it is like a gate: when opened, it leads one to the Book of Allah;

2)Al-Hamd, the praise, for its verse and clearly praising the Almighty,

3)Ummul-Kitab, the mother of the Book, for its status is superior to all other chapters of the Holy Qur’an, or like the war standard: it is always in the forefront;

4)Al-Sab, the seven verses, for it is comprised of seven verses and the only one whose verses are seven, and there is no room here to elaborate on the merits of the number 7 especially since most readers of this book are already aware of such merits;

5)Al-Mathani, the oft-repeated Chapter for no other Chapter of the Holy Qur’an is repeated as often as this one ;

6)Al-Kafiya, the chapter that suffices and that has no substitute; you simply cannot replace its recitation
with that of any other Chapter of the Holy Qur’an in the first two raka’ats of the prayers, whereas it can
substitute others;

7)Al-Asas, the basis or foundation or bed-rock, a connotation of its being the foundation upon which the
Qur’an stands just as the Basmillah [Bismillahir rahmaanir rahim]

8 ]Al-Shifa, the healing, due to the fact that the Messenger of Allah has said that Fatiha heals from all
ailments except Death, And,,,,,,

9)Al-Salat, the prayers, or the basic requirement of the daily prayers, one without the recitation of which no prayer can be accepted.

The prophet has quoted the Almighty as saying, “The prayers have been divided between Me and my servant: One half for Me, and one for him;” So when one recites it and says: “الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ” the Almighty says, My servant has praised Me.” And when he says, “الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ” the Almighty says, My servant has lauded Me.” And when He says, “مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ”, Allah says: “My servant has exalted Me.” And when he says,” إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ”the Allah will say, “This is a covenant between Me and my servant, and my servant shall be granted the fulfillment of his pleas. “then if he finishes reciting the fatiha to the end, Alllah will again confirm His promise by saying, “This is for[the benefit of] My servant, and My servant will be granted the answer to his wishes.”

The Messenger of Allah is quoted by Abu Ali al-Fadl ibn al-Hassan ibn al-Fadl al-Tibrisi, saying that one who recites al-Fatiha will be regarded by the Almighty as though he recited two- thirds of the Holy Qur’an and as though he gave by way of charity to each and every believing man and woman.”By the One in whose hand my soul is, the prophet continues, “Allah Almighty did not reveal in the Torah, the Gospel, or the Psalms any chapter like it; it is the Mother of the Book and al-Sab’ al-mathani (the oft-repeated seven verses), and it is divided between Allah and his servant, and His servant shall get whatever he asks; it is the best sura in the Book of the Most Exalted One, and it is a healing from every ailment except poison, which is Death.” He is also quoted by al-Kaf ami as saying, “ He (ALLAH) bestowed it upon me as his blessing, making it equivalent to the Holy Qur’an, saying, ‘ and we have granted you al-Sab ‘ al-Mathani and the great Qur’an(surat al-Hijr, verse 87).’ It is the most precious among the treasures of the Arsh.” Indeed, Allah, the Most Sublime, has chosen Muhammad alone to be honoured by it without doing do to any other prophet or messenger of His with the exception of Solomon who was granted the Bismillah. One who recites it, being fully conviced of his following in the footsteps of Muhammed and his progeny, adhering to its injunctions, believing in its outward and inward meanings, will be granted by Allah for each of its letters a blessing better than what all there is in the world of wealth and good things, and whoever listens to someone reciting it will receive one third of the rewards due to its reciter.
source: KERBALA AND BEYOND by Yasin T.al-Jibouri.

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline