Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Anything and everything about the greatest miracle, The Holy Qur'an.
Salaam Alaikum. :)

I just thought of adding my 2 cents on this beautiful forum.

Qur’an contains references to many scientific theories and scientific aspects of this universe such as the theory of movement of the earth and the continuous expansion of this universe, whose discovery has contributed vastly towards the development of this world.

A famous scientist, Stephen Hawking writes that a famous Greek philosopher, Aristotle, in the year 340 before Christ, studied the solar system and introduced ‘Geocentric theory’, which stated that the earth was stationary and the center of solar system. 500 years later, another great Greek astronomer, Ptolemy, studied the universe and supported the Geocentric or earth centered theory of Aristotle, which strengthened the ancient belief about the earth being stationary and the center of solar system. Ptolemy’s ideas and theory held sway for more than 1000 years. In the year 1514, Nicholas Copernicus challenged Ptolemy’s model of solar system and introduced a heliocentric theory, which stated that the sun, and not the earth, was the center of the solar system and all other planets, including the earth, revolved around it. His idea suggested that the earth was in motion. It was really hard for the ancient to accept the theory of Copernicus until 400 years ago when another famous scientist, Galileo supported the heliocentric theory of Copernicus and proved that the earth was in continuous motion. Now, if we turn few pages of the holy Qur’an to chapter number 78 (Sura an-Naba) verse number 6 where Allah says, “Have we not made the earth a cradle?”. On pondering over this verse, we come to realize that a cradle is a place (earth) where child (we) rests and its always in motion. Further, Allah says in the Qur’an (21:33) that, “And He it is who created the night and day and the sun and the moon; all (orbs) travel along swiftly in their celestial spheres.” It took 1000’s of years and a lot of research for scientists to come to a conclusion that the earth is continuously moving whereas Allah has summarized the theory in just one verse of the holy Qur’an.

On further pondering over the holy Qur’an, we come to find more references to the scientific aspects of the universe such as the continuous expansion of universe, which was discovered in 1929 by a scientist called Edwin Hubble when he was observing the heavenly bodies through a telescope. Whereas Allah states in 21:30 that, “Do not those who disbelieve see that the heavens and the earth were closed up, but then we have opened them; and we made water and everything living, will they not then believe?”. This verse does not only talk about the expansion of universe, but it also talks about the creation of the universe from a small particle, the Big Bang.

I would definately love to go on and on, but i have to go now. Please keep on adding some more facts about science from the Qur'an. :)

JazakAllah.

Your brother in faith,

Sadik
sa sadik.

nice post. certainly the Quran contains abundant verses which have reference to scientific theories. Try reding about embryology in the Quran.

I do not have the exact reference at the moment, but ive read a verse that exactly describes the water cycle as we learn it, some hints about how milk is made in a cow, alot of cosmology and stuff.

For Embryology http://www.harunyahya.com is a reliable source.

More later!

Muntazir :roll:
[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/GmwOqEIhHdKrt9[…]

🙏🏻"O God, make death Ma'nas and Ma'laf for us[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/qfz96kWDEnDGEO[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline