Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Is there any injustice taking place around the world? Iraq ring a bell? if so, how much injustice? Any war crimes? Who is to blame? What can we, the youths do about it? This is the place to dissect the truth, and rant on about politics.
By abuali
I am not joking at all brother.

All the Mujtahids from time imemorial have agreed to the concept of Taqleed and of the fact that taqleed is in matter of law...and that rules of different marajah may differ. However, this is not such a huge problem as you seem to portray...because the fatwa (verdicts) are not regarding the fundamental beliefs of Islam... (Fundamental beliefs are the only beliefs which can never change and are the same any time for all time till the day of judgement)...but with rulings of law...there is definitely possibility of differences and indeed possibility of change...and all the Ulemas are unanimous about it...IF you disagree about that....then you are in effect challenging all the marjas who have agreed to it...and you are challenging their ruling...in effect challenging the rulings of the Imams....(as the article i posted earlier explains)

This is one of the most common knowledge beliefs among the Shias. I can cite a few examples....for example....IF I am in a country where people are oppressed and killed if they are Muslims...then for me, hiding my true belief is not only allowed but becomes wajib in order to save my life. But at the same time, if I am in a peaceful country, hiding my belief is haraam.

Another good example is the ruling about slave women during the time of the prophet...At that time slavery was common...and sexual relations with slave women were lawful without marriage, by the slave master. The same today is Haraam.

As regards to reappearance...
Once again...site as many signs as you may...the point stands that the imam of our time, Imam Mehdi (AS) having reappeared is again debateable.

Secondly the hadeeth does not specify how soon after the appearance of the signs will the appearance be. It maybe a day or two after...it maybe 100 years after...for to GOD time is not what it is to us.

If you insist that the Imam appeared at the same time of the signs, then you are in effect saying that the time of his appearance is known exactly, which is against the belief that only Allah (swt) alone knows the exact time of his reappearance.

Besides, if he had appeared...there would be a huge movement of people to Mecca....which has nto happened yet. (in relevance to the hadith that upon appearing he will go to Mecca and a voice shall be heard by the Mu'mins and they will all go to Mecca overnight and pray behind the Imam)

In Quran is guidance for those who seek knowledge. For me, and for all the scholars whose answers I have read...the ayat I mentioned i.e
"Question the people of remembrance if you do not know." (21:7)
very clearly is talking about taqleed...and is explaining it most explicitly. It explains the fact that the masses of the muslims do not have enough knowledge about Islamic jurispundence to know everything...and hence in this situation they have to refer to those who know i.e the scholars (Marjahs)
NOTE: Others on the forum, please post your views on what this ayat means to you?

Your reference once again forces me to ask you the same question...are you associated with Taliyah al mehdi?
By eternal-jihad
"It has been reported from Abu Ja'far (عليه سلام) that the event of the Mahdi's appearance shall be attended by two clear signs which will carry with them the weight of ten strong signs. These are the solar and the lunar eclipses; and a similar sign has never happened ever since Adam came upon this planet."

it says that it will be attended...so the double eclipse means he already return.
Also the "kalki avatar" (the equivalent of al mahdi) is said to return in 2003 in vedic tradition.
And those signs happend with the sign of the red star, mars, which was at his closest point with our planet and this happen only every 50 000 years...

this is clear...

wa salaam
By abuali
Let me elaborate on the hadeeth.

The hadeeth speaks of the word
the event of the Mahdi's appearance
Pay close attention to the word 'event'. The word event is there to signify a process of things happening one after the other. events like Marriages take several days, having lots of procedures each day.

In similar fashion the hadith saying 'the event of the re-appearance shall be attended...' seems to me that it is signifying that one of the signs that will occur sometime during the event of reappearance (which I agree must have already started...but disagree that has finished) is the sign you have mentioned

The signs having never happened since the time of Adam does in no way proove that Imam Mehdi (AS) has already reappeared.

Keep in mind that the Imam has always been there....since his occultation. Its not as if he is not in this world. He always has been amongst us, but his identity has been hidden from us. The re-appearance merely means that he will declare himself to all.

And even if we consider that the sign does actually say 100% that the Imam has reappeared (which I mention again, is very debateable...since Allah alone knows the exact time of reappearance), as long as you and I dont have a means of communication with him...how do we get rulings directly from him?????

You would then have two choices

1. Do what the Quran says:-
"Question the people of remembrance if you do not know." (21:7)

2. Dont ask any questions or rulings on any issue that you need an answer for....and wait till you have a communication channel witht he Imam....

The only thing that may be clear and a fact...is that the signs happened... (if they actually happened...as I have never observed them). Anything beyond that is debateable and theory.
By eternal-jihad
I agree 100% with you akhi, his return has began...but not finished yet...the proof is that none knows who he is, nor where he is, ...he hasn't announce his return yet.

wa salaam
By abuali
Thats very true...Lets hope and pray that his return is as soon as possible and that we receive him with open arms and are among his helpers....Inshallah.

Please do not hesitate to put up any concerns or further questions you may have....Its asking questions that makes us know more...and its the discussions that makes us wise.
By Yas
Forgive me for being so superficially naive, but on first impression the Taliyah al Mahdi website features a prominent header image with pictures reflecting just several catch phrases - Muqtadar as Sadr for one and violence (guns) for another. Opinions may be radically and fundamentally variable from individual to individual, but personally that conveys a TOTALLY WRONG IMPRESSION of Islam and undermines the hardwork that we have put into building our credibility as a peaceful religion. Full stop.

I havent had time to read through the article in detail, but see this conclusive statement I came accross:

We, the Taliy'ah al-Mahdi, call people to follow the Imam az-Zaman (as) ONLY; to make Bayah to HIM ALONE and to pay Taqlid to HIM ALONE. We are only those who call people to our Imam (as), though we ourselves do not claim to be the leaders, nor do we require "taqlid" to us. Nevertheless, if someone wished to pay Taqlid to a Marja' that would be their SUBJECTIVE right, but this would not be an OBJECTIVE OBLIGATION within Islam.
To claim that it is Wajib (Obligatory), to pay Taqlid to a man who attended a Hawza for such a period of time that he gained the approval of one who came before him that he is given a certificate, a letter of recommendation, an ijaza, is making haraam that which is halaal, which the Qur'an prohibits. Thus, it is HARAAM to say that paying Taqlid to a Non-Ma'sum is Wajib.

I further quote:

Thus, the situation amongst the nominal Shi'a has become much like that of the Christians who have been taught not even to dare question the Divinity of "Christ." Should they do this, they have "lost the faith" and are in a state of spiritual limbo, wherein if they died, all of their works, faith in God "the Father" or even in the TEACHINGS of "Christ" would be invalidated and they would receive a one-way ticket to Hell... :shock:

Oh my god that is SO NOT true! I mean, WHERE ON EARTH has this fundamental misinterpretation of taqlid arisen from? To even THINK that taqlid imposes itself upon us defies logic, defies the essential furqan of the human being - defies the aql, the ability to think and contemplate and decide. NO before you jump to saying that I am contradicting myself, I think we need to realize the fact that a Mujtahid only qualifies for this position when he has spent, no DEDICATED his entire life to seeking his appropriate ilm. A mujtahid's laws arent passed by flipping a coin and pinning a tail on the donkey, they involve intensive and extensive research and dedication into legitimate hadith and the Qur'an. We alone would be incapable to sufficiently derive the laws that govern our lives - for many factors.

Ok. Islam does allow you to become your own Mujtahid. But then again, becoming a Mujtahid isnt a one-time process, it's a lifetime commitment. Upon researching, this is an extremely diverse and interesting issue, which I hope to post one day... one day...lol.

Please consider my point of view and let me know what you feel brother.

Tc.
By eternal-jihad
I think that the main point that the article is trying to say is that it is bidah to say it is WAJIB TO FOLLOW THE OPINION OF ONE MUJTAHID...
If you say that it is wajib, those who don't are kuffars then...and that is not true.
I think that's it...

as for violence :

Then he said: "O Abu Muhammad, He (al-Qa'im) will appear depressed and angry becausee of the anger of Allah with the human beings. He will appear wearing the Prophet's (صل الله عليه واله وسلام) shirt, which the Prophet (صل الله عليه واله وسلام) has put on in the battle of Badr, turban, armor and holding the Prophet's (صل الله عليه واله وسلام) sword Zhu'l-Faqar. He will unsheathe the sword for eight months. He will kill tumultuarily.

"He will begin with Bani Shayba. He will cut their hands and will hang them on the Ka'bah. Then his called will call out: 'These are the thieves of the Ka'bah.' Then he will move to kill the people of the Quraysh. He will not leave any one of them safe from his sword. Al-Qa'im will not appear except after that two books will have been read openly; one in Basra and the other in Kufa. By these books people will declare their acquaintance of (believing in) `Ali ."

Ithbat al-Hudat, vol.3 p.545, Hilyat'ul-Abrar, vol. 2 p.633, Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 52 p. 367, Bisharat'ul-Islam p.190, Mu'jam Ahadith Al-Imam Al-Mahdi, vol.3 p.387

the revolution of the mahdi will be a violent one akhi, none like violence, but the revolution of al mahdi will be a violent one...

Even prophet Isa said "Think not that I have come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

and it is written in the q'ran

"And fight for the cause of Allah against those who fight against you: but do not commit the injustice of attacking them first: For Allah loves not such injustice. And kill them whenever you find them, and drive them out from whatever place they drove you out of; for persecution is worse than bloodshed, yet do not attack them in the sacred Mosque unless they attack you therein. But if they attack you, then slay them. Such is the reward of the infidels. But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And fight them until there is no oppression, and religion is only for Allah. But if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors." Qur’an, Sura 2:190-193

Those who oppose violence against the oppressor are just becoming oppressors...
Islam is the religion of peace and is against unjustified violence but we also have to fight oppression by any means necessary...

We have to fight the jihad al akbar against our nafs, and then try to resolve the conflicts peacefully...but then if it fails...we have to fight with the sword....

wa salaam
By Yas
"And fight for the cause of Allah against those who fight against you: but do not commit the injustice of attacking them first: For Allah loves not such injustice. And kill them whenever you find them, and drive them out from whatever place they drove you out of; for persecution is worse than bloodshed, yet do not attack them in the sacred Mosque unless they attack you therein. But if they attack you, then slay them. Such is the reward of the infidels. But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And fight them until there is no oppression, and religion is only for Allah. But if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors." Qur’an, Sura 2:190-193

U know.. a couple of months back.. One of the local stations C4 or FIVE i think broadcast an election campaign advert by the libdems or the conservatives using THAT EXACT ayah to show that islam is a VIOLENT religion which PROMOTES murder and terrorism... (god forbid!)

In any case... it's quite a controversial issue. But honestly it's things like these that spread a TOTALLY wrong image of Islam. The other day one of my professeurs said and I quote "why do you think people in Palestine blow themselves up (referring to suicide bombers). And she answered - To Glorify Allah..." :shock: .
All I am saying is that we shouldnt take things into our own hands. The revolution of the Awaited will be no doubt violent - but it will be in its own time, when he appears. (may Allah hasten his reappearence). Our duty is to prepare ourselves for him - primarily as you said brother Jihad Akbar against the soul.

Tc.
By eternal-jihad
All I am saying is that we shouldnt take things into our own hands. The revolution of the Awaited will be no doubt violent - but it will be in its own time, when he appears. (may Allah hasten his reappearence). Our duty is to prepare ourselves for him - primarily as you said brother Jihad Akbar against the soul.
I think we agree. One has to annihilate his nafs to be part of the 313 mujahidin who will be the army of our imam. But physical preparation for jihad is important too and the goal of the taliyah is to prepare the true mumin for the rise of our imam who is waiting for us to be ready...who is waiting for his shia to be firm...
If you're interested read the two articles about al mahdi on the website and start the path to perfection lessons. You can also send me a pm if you have any questions.

wa salaam and take care bro/sis
By zafar
I dont believe that Mulla Umar can be dajjaal. The best description of Dajaal told by all the prophets and holy books of Allah. Musa to the jews in taurat, Isa to christians in bible and Mohamed to muslims in quran and all 12 of our Imams is that he is a Great LIAR and DECEIT. Be very careful of his lies as he will be able to deceive even the most intelligent.

Above all none can be more deceiving than US. See how its support to Israel throughout all these years and the muslims hating Israel but liking America! See how it made the whole world (even the muslim nations) to go to war in Afghanistan. See how it makes Iraqi people terrorists, palestinians terrorists. Even the intelligent believe them. See how it turns the world attention from its own crimes to believing vice versa. Abu ghraib to bergs beheadings. Osama bin laden to saddam, weapons of mass destruction and many more. And now propoganda against Iran and Syria.

Our prophet said dajjal will gradually become very powerful at the end of times. More powerful than Firoun at the time of Musa. And it will be the hardest time for muslims, so hard that none of the community since adam have experienced. Jews will be Dajaal supporters.

All the signs point to the American regime which has become gradually very powerful from the cold war to the most powerful now. Every one knows that US regime is under powerful control and influence of a lobby of jews an does everything under their control. Since its power has also created very difficult times for muslims.

Dajaal will see with his left eye. Will have food in one hand and weapons in the other. Those who will agree with dajaal will get food and will live. Those who will disagree will be starved or killed.

The official american emblem(GREAT SEAL OF AMERICA-image shown below) used in all their government buildings and documents and embassies throughout the world has an eagle having visible left side of the face showing only LEFT EYE holding wheat FOOD in one hand and arrows WEAPONS in the other.

Dajaal will travel on a donkey throughout the world with the agenda either u be with us or against us.

To make a coalition for War Bush took the help of Tony Blair who is of labour party whose official party emblem is DONKEY. Tony blair took bush"s war agenda successfully to all the countries of the world thus dajaal travelling on a donkey.

If you ponder the above points none fit Umar as he is not powerful to control the whole world. And his lies does not deceive the majority. He has no official jews support. He does not travel the earth with the above agenda.

Last edited by zafar on 13 Feb 2008, 00:31, edited 3 times in total.
By shabbirh
In His Name, the Most High

Salaams

Before I start, I would like to thank Allah, and congratulate Imam al-Hujjah, as well as my brothers and sisters on an excellent forum site, and we pray that the site provides much understanding and knowledge and guidance to those in need of it.

This is an excellent method for the dissemination of information, and promoting the good and forbidding the bad, and it provides a system for people to ask questions which ordinarily they would be shy to ask in public, masha Allah, keep up the good work brothers and sisters.

May Allah bless the administrators and moderators who strive hard to keep it sane and useful.

Firstly, anyone who studies the ahadeeth regarding Dajjal, who examines the idea of the Dajjal objectively, can deduce that Dajjal is NOT an individual but a collective.

Dajjal is the word used to explain a collective mentality, in the same was as Islam is a word used to explain a collective mentality. It cannot be brought down to the individual layer.

Agreed, a person may exhibit Dajjalikkk Tendencies, or Islamic Tendencies, yes for sure, however, to suggest that a person is Islam, or a person is Dajjal is ludicras.

I have known the Taliyah al-Mahdi since their inception many years ago, and I feel that they are sincere brothers and sisters who have become somewhat confused over time, they tend to support those who are revolutionary in their thinking and methodology, such as Hizbullah and Sayyed Muqtada as-Sadr(HA), Jaysh Imam al-Mahdi(AJ), etc.

That is not a bad thing, if more of our brothers and sisters understood why Sayyed Muqtada(HA) took the stance he took, instead of being duped by the Media into thinking that he's a "baddie", it would be far more useful.

Anyhow, I digress. Comming back to the subject, which is Dajjal.

Dajjal is a mentality, a state of mind, and it is very simple to explain, and yes Dajjal is with us today, everywhere.

How?

Dajjal represents the culture (or rather sub-culture), that is promoted by the Amerikkkan Empire, a culture that seeks to force it's opinions upon others, if not through coercian and other "non-violent" means, through all out war. This can be seen in their attack and subsequant occupation (which is still ongoing) of Afghanistan and Iraq, their constant support of the Zionist Entity and it's criminal policies in Occupied Palestine, etc.

The Dajjalikkk Empire, saught and succeeded in uprooting the culture of the Original Inhabitants of the Americas, the Indians, and now has placed them in "settlements" or "camps", which destroy the very soul of these brave and nomadic people, who had been living in peace for many years prior to the invasion of the Americas by Mr Columbus.

They have accomplished in Amerikkka that which the Zionists wish to accomplish in Palestine. It is important to link and understand.

One of the attributes of Dajjal is that "he" will "give life and take life", he will "carry heaven and hell in his hands", "those who give allegience to him will be sent to his heaven", "those who do not will be sent to his hell".

What does this tell you?

I have noticed - especially in Dar es-Salaam, since I moved back here a couple of years back - that many of our brethren have this urge to move to Amerikkka, Canada, or Europe, they cite reasons such as "education", "better way of life", etc, etc ... with respect, these reasons are lame at best and ignorant at worst.

Here in Tanzania, there are many negative points, I have seen a thread on this forum, where my brothers and sisters are discussing the vile habit of some of our brothers and sisters of flirting with their eyes outside the Masjed, and I have seen this, but these are small things compared to the bigger picture. (Having said that - I'm not suggesting for a second that it's ok to flirt with one's eyes outside the Masjed - or anywhere for that matter - I am simply putting the problems into context).

However, here in Tanzania, we are not in a situation that even remotely resembles our brothers and sisters in Europe or the States. Over here one cannot be arrested for being a Muslim, our sisters can don the Hijab without any fear, what about France? What about in Amerikkka? What about in England?

Yes, yes, I know in England you can wear your scarf and no-one will arrest you, yes in Amerikkka, blah blah blah, however, it is important to realise that in England, if you speak about "political Islam" - in reality if you speak about the true Islam of Muhammad(S), then you can be arrested under suspician of terrorism and put into police custody INDEFINATELY, and the situation in Amerikkka is well known.

For someone to show a love for Hizbullah, the Islamic Resistance in Lebanon, is dangerous in the West, to watch Hizbullah TV (al-Manar TV), is now virtually impossible in Amerikkka and requires a lot of extra work in Europe.

They do not want ANYONE giving another take on reality in that part of the world.

Only the Dajjalikkk interpretation is valid, you take the Dajjalikkk interpretation, and following that you want to have majlis-aza in Muharram, iftar in Ramadhan, etc, sure go for it, just DO NOT TALK ABOUT ISLAM AS A COMPLETE SYSTEM. Pray till you're blue in the face, but don't tell anyone else about Islam, don't promote the TRUE ISLAM, which works for the rights of the oppressed.

This discussion and subject is huge, it's long and I have given in the past numerous discussions on this subject - directly and indirectly, but to come back to the original point.

It is insane to suggest that Mulla Omar, the one-eyed Taliban Leader is the Dajjal, that is insane. Mulla Omar has one eye - whoppee! So do a load of others, David Blunket had no eyes. These are superficial attributes of Dajjal, just because he's got one eye, just because he's against the Shia, just because he is allegedly with Bin Laden, that is NOT enough justification to promote him and give him the position of Mr Dajjal.

It is possible that Mulla Omar might exhibit some Dajjalikkk Traits, definately, but without a doubt he is NOT Dajjal.

When it is said that Dajjal has one eye - it means he is a singular vision - a single world order - a NEW WORLD ORDER. It doesn't mean that he has one eye on his face, he is not a cyclops in the litteral sense of the world.

I fully agree with my brother Zaffar in his post.

I would like to ask "eternal_jihad", based on what reasoning, and please do not quote me a full "article on the subject" by anyone, not Abu Jamal, not Mujahid, no - logically through your own understanding, by your own reason, explain to me why you adhere to this element of the Taliyah's teaching.

Also, it is well know the stance of the Taliyah viz-a-vis Ayatullah Seestani. Now while I might not understand some of his actions, and find some of his other actions and statements (or lack of statements rather), alarming, I am not in a position to suggest that Ayatullah Seestani is some sort of "Evil person". If I can't understand his logic, and his rulings, statements, speaches are confusing for me, I am under no obligation to follow him. However, not following him does NOT allow me to speak negatively of him and to publish libelous statements against him.

It is important to realise, that while the Taliyah, as I have said before, started out righteous, I am convinced that they have been infiltrated and confused along the way, which is why a group that was moving rapidly towards the true Islam, that support and loved Imam Khumayni(A), that supported and loved Hizbullah and the Global Islamic Resistance, have now become very confused - a cursory glance at their site will reveal this.

I used to post on their BBS at one time, and I have defended Taliyah more than once, however, in light of the current statements that have been emenating form Taliyah, I find it very difficult to maintain my previous line with them.

I respect them as my brethren, however, I feel they are sorely confused, they exemplify what happens when the leadership of the Wali al-Faqih and the Righteous Marja'iyyah are shirked in return for the alleged leadership of Imam al-Mahdi(AJ) who is in Ghaybah, and has explicitly told the believers to follow the Righteous Ulema in his absence. As a number respected members of this forum such as Brother Hasin and Sister Yas, etc have pointed out.

I hope I have not offended anyone, but as mentioned by Sister Yas, we have enough problems in the Ummah with the promiscuity, the increasing rate of divorces (for random reasons), the level of AIDS sufferers in the community, not to mention sectarian and cultural twaddle which has us embroiled in all sorts of controversy (the example of Tanga comes to mind), we do not need another confused group such as Taliyah adding to the fitneh and mischief that is tearing this community and the Ummah at large apart.

Insha Allah my brethren understand.

Finally, on a totally unrelated note, Br Hasin, I have sent you an email regarding cross-advertising, if you haven't got it please let me know, secondly, I would like to congratulate my brothers and sisters on an excellent forum, masha Allah, keep it up. :)

With Salaams and Dua's

Shabbir
By Aliyah
Assalamun alaykunah

Well.............. this is very scary. I keep on thinking sometimes especially when reading or listening sommething abt Dhajjal.

Shukran

Aliyah
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline