Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Any and all media that doesn't fall in any other category above, should be posted here.
By Tayyaba
Thanks soo much creative and mohd kazim... :)
well ok rapping i don think is a way of spreadin islam...or like havin beats and all is not allowed in islam only instruments allowed are dhafu and drums..
in a way if u hear these rap songs on islam don u think it kinda intoxicates u .. hope u get what i mean...u can go to music forum as hasin posted the site b4..check the discussion there..

and siraj i cant see the matrix avatar
By creative
Can u see my avatar now.
Siraj
By creative
By the way, DAwud somebody is actually Dawud Wharrnsby Ali.
Siraj
By abuali
Well, it's just usually when you speak about music, you also incorporate with it the lyrics.
yes, also some of the Myna Raps nasheeds are raps so you can't hear most of the words but if you go to RadioIslam.com then click on the melodies bar then underneath the two programs click on muslim beat archive, then click on program 30 and on windows media player move the bar to 10:58 and listen until 13:39.
That is one of the myna raps nasheeds called Labayk Allah.
I hope i have answered many queiries
Siraj
I still see no point of using Music (especially the same that can be and is used in night clubs and even other moderate ones) with the grand and great name of Allah or his pure religion.

Even logically, I see no addition in value to the message. Infact, I feel the message is DILUTED because of the use of Music...and people may just end up listening to them BECAUSE IT HAS MUSIC and not because its a Message of Truth!!!

If thats not the case, then why cant we just have the lyrics without the Music??? Why is the Music sooo important? Is it more important than the message?

Again, thats what I feel.

PS: RAP Music is Haraam as far as I know.
By creative
But when you think about it you wouldn't put that
music
in a night club as everybody will just leave and no-one would even think of putting something that in increasing the name of Allah.
Siraj
By creative
Also teh background 'music' is just a beat.
Siraj

Someone else who does very nice nasheeds is Rabia Sayyed.
if anybody would like to listen to one of her nasheeds pm me and i will send it to you as i have about 30 of her nasheeds
By abuali
Yes all Music is just beats. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 03:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when you think about it you wouldn't put that
Quote:
music
in a night club as everybody will just leave and no-one would even think of putting something that in increasing the name of Allah.
Siraj
Once again you are confusing between MUSIC and LYRICS.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME as far as I am concerned.

The same MUSIC can be used in a night club with someone 'rapping' about 'love'

Thats why I said there is no such thing as Islamic 'MUSIC', because MUSIC has nothing to do with Islam. The Lyrics that were posted have a message of ISLAM, not the MUSIC.

Please do refer to your Marja for a more intelligent and knowledgeable opinion.

Allah knows best
By Mohdkazim
I agree with you about Music and Lyrics.
By creative
Well, you see the problem is , unlike many people but also like many people :wink:
I follow Sayyed Fadhlullah, and whenver i ask him a question i always get the reply in arabic.
But on a forum someone who follows sayyed fadhlullah has said that only if the lyrics are bad is the music not allowed.
Siraj
By abuali
But on a forum someone who follows sayyed fadhlullah has said that only if the lyrics are bad is the music not allowed.
I would advice that you get an answer from your Marja and get it translated. I dont think it is enough that you believe what a believer of your Marja understands of the fatwa.

It is your duty alone to find out the exact fatwa of your Marja, as meanings may be changed usually unknowingly, while trying to explain the fatwa.

A quick question: -

So according to the following: -
only if the lyrics are bad is the music not allowed
I can listen to Rock music (which comes with lyrics, but a version without the lyrics) and its fine?????? :shock:

Once again, I strongly recommend that you get the answer from your Marja translated.

Allah knows best
By creative
Yeh, ill try
By creative
Also, can anyone see my matrix avatar, and it seems that i have created a heated argument and a very hot topic.
Siraj :wink:
By Mohdkazim
I cannot see your matrix avatar yet
By abuali
Yea I cant see your avatar either. It seems you have now opted for the same avatar as Mohdkazims...

Which matrix avatar are you talking about? Is it one of those available on Ask?
i have created a heated argument and a very hot topic
My apologies if I sounded 'heated'. I am not at all. I just felt it was wise to clear up...as I feared that out of the many who visit this site, some may have taken this forum as an excuse to listen to music saying 'ISLAM' allows it.
By Yas
When you consider the "musical content" of these nasheeds it is not really instrumental, yes there are exclusions for instance Myna Raps. But anyway, back to the general nasheed trend which consists mainly of humming in the background and drums at most. I think it's simply another medium of transferring a message - the message would not have the same effect, had it not been sung. For instance, munajaats and marth/shiya which are recited in our mosques are quite similar, in that they attempt to transfer a message by manipulation of our emotions. Many of us recite qaseedas very similarly. There is the issue of the pitch of the voice which should not be too high, but I don't really feel that is something to be concerned when considering these several nasheeds. This said, I feel they are quite justified, provided ofcourse that the instrumental content is allowed within Islam.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline