Nasheeds with beats!

Any and all media that doesn't fall in any other category above, should be posted here.
Sayyeda
Ask Senior
Ask Senior

Nasheeds with beats!

Postby Sayyeda » 16 May 2006, 20:26

I just wanted to ask... can we listen to nasheeds that have beats? something like Sami Yusuf?
*~* Stop analysing life, Just live it!... "Your today is the tomorrow that you were worried about yesterday!"*~*
Tayyaba
Ask Mod

Postby Tayyaba » 16 May 2006, 21:13

As per wat i know, beats like Dhafu n Drums are allowed otherwise other instruments not allowed to hear.. :!:
Tayyaba Salim Kassam
Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 17 May 2006, 15:53

Beats (Drums) and Duffs are haraam!

Many people say they are halaal. Heres what Aimmah say

Imam Jafer Sadiq (as) has said,"I prohibit for you dancing and playing flute, drums and tabla."
(Al Kafi)

The imam also says,"If drums and cymbals are played at one's house for forty days, Allah will impose a satan by the name of 'FAQANDIR'. The satan will infiltrate into every cell of the person's body. With the spread of this evil, the person loses all sense of dignity and self esteem. he will then not care as to what he says or what is said about him. Then, this satan blows into this person. As a result,he becomes utterly shameless. So much that he is not concerned or affected even if his women are dishonoured."
(Wasaelush Shia)

Imam Ali (as) has said," Angels do not even enter a house that has wine, drum, tambourine or a flute.Even the prayers of the inhabitants of this house are unacceptable. They are deprived of barakat."
(Wasaelush Shia)

Imam Ridha (as) says," A person invites divine wrath when in his house instruments like flute, drum and chess are played for forty days. If this man dies within these forty days, his daeth would be of a sinner and a transgressor. His place shall be in hell and what a dreadful place that is."
(Mustanad al Taraqi)

Another tradition states ," And you shall see that music will be so prevalant that no one will dissuade others nor will he find in himself the need to do so. And you shall see that music would be openly played even in the two sanctuaries.( Makkah and Madinah)"
(Mustanad naraqi)
The educated man has the right to manipulate the ignorant, if the ignorance of the of the ignorant is due to his own ignorance.
Sayyeda
Ask Senior
Ask Senior

Postby Sayyeda » 18 May 2006, 19:30

So basically I guess it's a no!
*~* Stop analysing life, Just live it!... "Your today is the tomorrow that you were worried about yesterday!"*~*

Return to “Other Media”