Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Do you need help with something? Is your computer acting weird? Or is that recipe just not working out? This is the place to ask for advice and help from the 'professional' membership of Ask!

Moderator: Syed Kazim

By Muhammad Mahdi
Salaamun Alaykum

According to Ayatullah Seestani,
107. An infidel i.e. a person who does not believe in Allah and His Oneness, is najis. Similarly, Ghulat who believe in any of the holy twelve Imams as God, or that they are incarnations of God, and Khawarij and Nawasib who express enmity towards th e holy Imams, are also najis. And similar is the case of those who deny Prophethood, or any of the necessary laws of Islam, like, namaz and fasting, which are believed by the Muslims as a part of Islam, and which they also know as such.
As regards the people of the Book (i.e. the Jews and the Christians) who do not accept the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah (Peace be upon him and his progeny), they are commonly considered najis, but it is not improbable that they are Pak. Ho wever, it is better to avoid them.

111. Any person who abuses any of the twelve holy Imams on account of enmity, is najis.

If we accept this then Christians, Jews, ismailis, bohoras ar all kafirs. is that correct?
By Syed Kazim
well, since there no answers, maybe should take this question to a scholar...
By Muhammad Mahdi
come on guys. Lets discuss. theres nothing better than a healthy discussion. :wink:
By Syed Kazim
okay, heres what i understood:

Christians / Jews
As regards the people of the Book (i.e. the Jews and the Christians)
It says clearly that Jews and Christians r People of the Book
By abuali
122. There are three ways of proving the najasat of anything:

1. One should be certain, or satisfied that something is najis. If one suspects that something may be najis, it is not necessary to avoid it. Accordingly, eating or drinking at stalls and guest houses where public goes to eat, and where people without scruples about najasat frequent, is allowed unless one knows that the food supplied is najis.
2. If a reliable person who possesses, controls or manages a thing, says that it is najis. For example, if the wife, or a servant, or a maid says that a particular utensil or any other object which she handles, is najis, it will be accepted as najis.
3. If two just persons testify that a certain thing is najis, provided that their testimony deals with the reason for najasat.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Does that mean that Christians, Jews, ismailis, bohoras are all najis?
By abuali
1. One should be certain, or satisfied that something is najis. If one suspects that something may be najis, it is not necessary to avoid it. Accordingly, eating or drinking at stalls and guest houses where public goes to eat, and where people without scruples about najasat frequent, is allowed unless one knows that the food supplied is najis.
By Muhammad Mahdi
I havent come to food yet. Just asking, according to the definition is my assumption correct?
By Muhammad
i think muhamadmahdi means IF they r najis in the sense that if there is transfer of moisture then it makes you najis yeah?
i would think so...from the fatwa...
By kulsham
Last edited by kulsham on 01 Mar 2007, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline