Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Do you need help with something? Is your computer acting weird? Or is that recipe just not working out? This is the place to ask for advice and help from the 'professional' membership of Ask!

Moderator: Syed Kazim

By Muhammad Mahdi
Salaam alaykum.

If Friday is such an important day, that we are even advised to cut our nails on this day, then how come Jews and Christians were given other days of worship?
By Syed Kazim
Alaykum Salaam

Maybe they too were given Friday as their day, but they changed it, as they changed their book!

Just a thought....i may be wrong, but this is logical!
By bongo
If Friday is such an important day, that we are even advised to cut our nails on this day, then how come Jews and Christians were given other days of worship?
In reply I would say

Why was the qibla changed?
By Muhammad Mahdi
Qiblah was changed to test the muslims, right?

But why is Friday given importance?
Why werent the people of other faiths given this day as worshp day? Was this a test? For whom?
By Muhammad
Remember the Story of the people of Sabbath?
By Muhammad Mahdi
(V)$ wrote:Remember the Story of the people of Sabbath?
yes. :roll:
By Muhammad
origianallly what day were the people of Sabbath given to worship? FRIDAY..
then they asked the prophet to ask God to make it Saturday(sabbat) as they wanted to fish on friday..It was accepted..but still they disobeyed as God Sent all the fish on saturday to test their faith
so FRIDAY was the origianal day of Worship
By Tayyaba
i was reading the tafsir of Sura Qadr and it says that in one particular hour of friday every week it is said, prayer of a man is heard without fail,but the hour is not disclosed,so that man may be prayerful the whole of the day as much as he can.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline