Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The Holy Month, one of the most sacred in Islam is here again. This is the place to discuss and post facts and everything else about fasting and Ramadhan.
By Sayyeda
Namaaz-e-Qazaa-e-Umr

Hazrat Amir-ul-mo'mineen (AS) said that any person who has accumulated a lot of qazaa namaz (missed a lot of salaats) and does not have the strength to offer them should offer Namaaz-e-qazaa-e-umr.

This namaaz is the kaffara to cover 700 years of qazaa namaaz. One person asked Wali-Ullah "but the people of the ummat of Nabi live only 70-100 years at the most?" Hazrat Ali (AS) replied that the namaaz-e-kaffara covers your whole life's qazaa namaaz, your parents', your grand parents', your great grand parent's and others going back up to 700 years qazaa namaaz.

When to pray
On the last Friday of the month of Ramadhan before sunset.

How to pray
Its a 4 rakaat namaaz with one salaam. In every rakaat recite Sura-e-fateha (Alhamd) once; followed by Sura-e-Ahad (Qulahuwallah) 25 times; followed by Ayat-ul-Kursi once and followed by Sura-e-Kauthar 15 times.

The Holy Qur'an says: "If someone trusts Allah, He will suffice Him. He will surely bring about what He decrees. Allah has set a measure for everything". (Surah al-Talaq, 65:3)
By abuali
Salaams All

Tomorrow (the last friday of the holy month of Ramadhan) is the day to pray Namaz e Qazaa e Umr.

Lets make an effort to inform our family members, friends and neighbours, especially the elderly. I am sure the elderly will thank you for the rest of their lives for letting them know of this namaaz and the method to perform it.
By Sayyeda
Hey thanks Hasin!

Actually I wasn't aware of this namaaz as well, and when I came to know of it... I first thought of posting it here and sharing it with the others so that everyone can take advantage of this namaaz and repay for their kazaa namaaz (as others might not have the strength to repay them back especially our elders) and this namaaz doesn't really take long...

Anyway I hope others take the advantage of it...

Wassalaam.
By Sayyeda
Salaams everyone!

Just a reminder incase anyone comes across this section. Its the last friday of the month... so do recite this namaaz!
By Sayyeda
imz - The pleasure is all mine! :)

Anyway, last friday of the month of Ramadhan not far away! I hope we all remember to pray this salaah.

Let us all remember each other in our prayers!
By Tayyaba
Thanks loadz Sayyeda.. :)
By Sayyeda
Nah nah... without any thanks Tayyaba! :)
By Zuly
Thanks loadz Sayy

Lets not forget each others in our prayers
By Sayyeda
Insh'Allah Zuly! :)
By imz
We have come across this before. On enquiring with some learned people they said it is not authentic. The Ulama say there is no substitute for Qadha namaz and the debt of Qadha namaaz will always need to be repaid.
i was talking to some few people, and this is what they said about this namaaz. ive emailed the office of ayatullah sistani, will update you asap.

iltimase dua.
By imz
below is a conversation i had with the office of ayatullah sistani's office in london about this namaaz.

--------------------------start--------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful What you missed of your wajib prayer MUST be performed again as a Qadha.
Assalamu Alaykum

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:10 PM
To: 'Imam Ali (as) Foundation'
Subject: RE: Question from imran mamdani

Salaam.

I would still have to recite qadha for the prayers I missed. Right?

From: Imam Ali (as) Foundation [mailto:eanswers@najaf.org]
Sent: 19 October 2006 15:05
To: imz@clara.co.uk
Subject: RE: Question from imran mamdani

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
That has no relationship with the Wajib. This is a mustahab namaz
Assalamu Alaykum

Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 2:30 PM
To: eanswers@najaf.org
Subject: Question from imran mamdani

Name : imran mamdani
Email : imz@clara.co.uk
Question : salaam alaykum.

hope you are in good health inshallah. i wanted to ask about the
authenticity of namaaz-e qaza-e-umr. which is as said, recited on the last
friday of ramadhan. i just wanted to know if this is authentic and true.

Jazakallah.

Iltimase dua.

----------------------------------------------end-----------------------------------
By Umm.aly
Salaams.. Thanks alot for the clarification.. i had the same qstns in mind :)
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline