Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The Holy Month, one of the most sacred in Islam is here again. This is the place to discuss and post facts and everything else about fasting and Ramadhan.
THE IMPORTANCE OF DOA JAWSHANE KABIR

It has been mentioned in the book, Balad al-Amin and the Misbah of Kafami that Imam `Ali ibn Hussein (prayers be upon him) related from his father from his grandfather the Prophet of Allah (blessings of
Allah be upon him and his family) that this supplication was taught by the Angel Jibra’il (prayers be upon him)
to the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) during one of the battles.

It was in one of the wars that the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) had taken part in
which he had a very heavy and expensive coat of armor on to protect himself. It is related that the coat was so
heavy that it was hurting the body of the Prophet (prayers of Allah be upon him and his family). In this state,
the Angel Jibra’il (prayers be upon him) came to the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family)
and said:
“O’ Muhammad! Your Lord conveys his salutations to you and has said to take this coat of armor (Jawshan)
and to recite it as this is a protection for you and your Ummah.”

At this point, the Angel continued to give the Prophet (blessings of All°h be upon him and his family) an
explanation on the greatness of this supplication, which we will omit from here due to lack of space.

However it suffices us to state that whoever reads this supplication with a pure intention in the BEGINNING of the month of Ramadhan, Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) will grant him sustenance on the Night of Power
and will create for this person 70,000 Angels who will all be busy in the praising and glorification of Allah
(Glory and Greatness be to Him) and will give this reward to the person who has read this supplication.
With this said, we see the greatness of the recitation of this supplication. In addition, it is mentioned that
whoever reads this supplication three times during the month of Ramadhan, Allah (Glory and Greatness be to
Him) will make the hell-fire forbidden on him and would make it obligatory for that person to go into Paradise.
For such a person, Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) will also appoint two Angels to protect that person
from all evils (in this world) and he would be in the protection of Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) for as
long as he is alive.

In the final Hadith of this supplication, it has been narrated from Imam Husain ibn `Ali (prayers be upon him)
that, “My father Amir al-Mo’minin `Ali ibn Abi Talib (prayers be upon him) had bequeathed to me that I should
memorize and protect this supplication and write it on the Kafan (burial shroud) and that I should teach it to
my family members and he highly encouraged me to read this supplication as it contains 1,000 names of Allah
and within these names is the Greatest Name of Allah (Ism-e-A`dham).”

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline