Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The Holy Month, one of the most sacred in Islam is here again. This is the place to discuss and post facts and everything else about fasting and Ramadhan.
By Shakir
DO NOT SAY "RAMADAN" ONLY
On p. 232, Vol. 7, of Wasail al-Shi'a, and also on p. 69, Vol. 4 (old edition), of Al-Kafi, Imam Abu Ja'fer al-Baqir (as) is quoted saying, "Do not say `this is Ramadan,' or `Ramadan has gone,' or ' Ramadan has approached,' for Ramadan is one of the Names of Allah, the most Exalted, the most Great, and He neither comes nor goes; things that die come and go. Instead, you should say `the month of Ramadan, for [in this case] the month will simply be identified, whereas the Name belongs to Allah, Exalted is His mention, whereas the month wherein the Qur'an was revealed is made by Allah a month for hopeful anticipation as well as of stern warnings." AlMajlisi quotes the same in his Bihar al Anwar, citing Ibn Babawayh alQummi's Thawab al A'mal wa 'Iqab al-A'mal. Imam al-Baqir (as) here is simply repeating what the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) had said as quoted by Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib, peace be upon him, thus: "Do not say Ramadan,' for you do not know what Ramadan really is; instead, you should say just as the Almighty Allah has said in His Glorious Book 'the month of Ramadan,' and whoever says `Ramadan' [only], let him both pay sadaqa (alms) and kafj°ara (atonement) so that his sin may be forgiven." (AI-Saduq, in his Connotations of the News, quoting Hisham ibn Salim. Also in Basaair al Darajat by Sa'd ibn Abdullah.) '
[/size]
By Tayyaba
Thank you very much shakir for telling us how important the name Ramadhan is...
dont you all think we take it so easily..
once again ahsant...
By Sayyeda
I didn't know about it... We all learn from each other... rite?! :wink: Thanks for sharing it with us!
By Tanveer
I was amazed to read that some of them did not know that we shouldn't be saying "Ramadhan" only...it's amazing...no wonder whereever I go and when people are talking about this Holy and Revered month,I have to tell them over and over again that "Ramadhan" is not their worker or driver that they are talking about and they think I'm being "TOO RELIGIOUS" but it's a fact....God!This means that there are soooo many out there who don't know or don't realize that it is not a sign of respect when we say "Ramadhan" only.It personally really bugs me when I hear people talking about this Holy month in a manner like they are talking about their driver or worker.I tell those whom I can but there are some elderly people also saying in that manner.I think for the youths,this awareness has been raised but this should be brought up in Public and the Respected scholars should be told to say this out in their public talks.
Thanks alot for bringing this up...I knew about it...but I did not know that so many others were unaware about it....
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline