Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The Holy Month, one of the most sacred in Islam is here again. This is the place to discuss and post facts and everything else about fasting and Ramadhan.
By Sayyeda
“And what will make you know what Laylatul Qadr is?”
Qur’an - Suratul Qadr - 97:3

Ramadhan 1427 / October 2006
Prophet Musa (A.S.) once addressed Allah saying: "Lord! I desire to be near to You."
Allah said: "Whoever desires nearness to Me is one who remains awake during Lailatul Qadr (doing ibada)."

Prophet Musa (A.S.) said:
"Lord! I wish to earn Your mercy."
Allah replied: "My mercy is granted to anyone who is merciful to the underprivileged during Lailatul Qadr."

"Lord! I wish to pass on the right path."
Allah replied: "This is granted to anyone who gives sadaqa during Lailatul Qadr."

"Lord! I wish to enjoy the trees and fruits of Janna!"
Allah replied: "This is granted to anyone who praises Me during Lailatul Qadr."

"Lord! I wish to achieve salvation from the fire!"
Allah replied: "This is granted to anyone who seeks forgiveness during Lailatul Qadr."

"Lord! I wish to achieve Your pleasure!"
Allah replied: "I shall be pleased with anyone who prays two (mustahab) rak'ats salaa during Lailatul Qadr."

SURATUL QADR - 97




•


Translation

(I begin) In the name of Allah, the Kind, the Most Merciful.
Indeed We sent it (the Qur’an) down on the night of Qadr.
And what will make you know what the night of Qadr is?
The night of Qadr is better than a thousand months.
The angel and the spirit descend in it with the permission of their Rabb; with all the commands.
Peace! It is until the break of dawn.

Brief Notes

It is said that the Qur’an was revealed as a whole on Laylatul Qadr to the Prophet (S.A.W.) and then piecemeal as the occasion demanded and as ordered by Allah to the people.
According to another hadith, the Qur’an came down as a whole to Baytul Ma’mur (a place in the heavens directly above the Ka’ba) and then it was gradually revealed to the Prophet (S.A.W.) over a period of 23 years. The Prophet (S.A.W.) was taken to Baytul Ma’mur on the night of Me’raj.
The night of Qadr is said to be one of the odd nights in the last tem days of the month of Ramadhan out of which the 23rd of Ramadhan is regarded as the most ‘adheem’.
“The month of Ramadhan is that in which the Qur’an was revealed…” Suratul Baqara 2:185
It is reported that in the night an announcement is made:
“Who is there amongst humankind to seek tonight the grace and forgiveness of the Rabb and receive it?”
It is a night when ‘everyone’s timetable’ for the year is planned.

A ‘thousand months’ here means ‘timeless time’. Normally comparisons are ‘qualitative’. Here it is ‘quantitative’ changing the dimensions. Thus £1 sadaqa on this night is equivalent £30,000; the thawab of reciting one aya of Qur’an is equivalent to reciting 30,000 ayaat on other nights…..

The coming down of the angels and the Spirit during this night continues from the time of Prophet Adam (A.S.) to the day of Qiyama. The place where they come down has to be pure (Ma’sum).
Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (A.S.) has said:
“Argue against those who deny the continuity of Imama on this earth, with this sura”.
This sura proves that there must always be a ma’sum present on earth.

SURATUL QADR (97) Recite it as many times as possible on the night of Qadr preferably 1000x

Imam Ali (A.S.) has said:

Every thing has a fruit, and the fruit of the Holy Qur'an is Suratul Qadr
Everything has a treasure, and the treasure that removes poverty is Suratul Qadr.
For everything there is a means whereby it can be attained, and the means of the weak is Suratul Qadr.”
For every hardship there is ease, and the ease of those suffering from hardship is Suratul Qadr.
There is a shield against every evil, and the shield of the believers is Suratul Qadr.
For everything there is guidance, and the guidance of the righteous is Suratul Qadr. There is excellence for everything, and the excellence of knowledge is Suratul Qadr.
There is a adornment for everything, and the adornment of the Qur'an is Suratul Qadr.
There is a shelter for everything, and the shelter of the faithful is Suratul Qadr.
There is a glad tiding for everything, and the glad tiding of the innocent is Suratul Qadr.
There is a Proof (Hujja) for everything, and the Hujja after the Prophet (S.A.W.) is Suratul Qadr, therefore, believe in it.”

Imam was asked how to believe in it, and he answered:
"That it shall occur in each and every year, and that everything revealed in it is true."
Imam also said: "For anyone who recites Suratul Qadr, Allah writes down a good deed for every particle of dust where he sits while reciting it.”
“It is a good companion for anyone who wishes to pay off his debt, strengthen his/her faith, prolong life-span, and improve his/her condition. Anyone who recites it often will meet Allah as a siddeeq and as a martyr."

Sulayman al- Marzawi asked Imam Ali Ar-Ridha (A.S.):
"Could you please tell us why Suratul Qadr was revealed?"

Imam replied: "O Sulayman! Lailatul Qadr is the night when Allah decrees what will take place from one year to another of life or death, good or evil, or regarding sustenance, and whatever He then decrees is sure destiny."

LAYLATUL QADR

It is a unique night on which our destiny to a large extent can be changed and much depends on us, how we decide to utilize both the night and the day of Qadr.
The Masumeen have explained to us that Allah has planned the systems of the universe in such a way that everyone’s destiny will be determined on an yearly basis in the angelic spheres through the agency of Imam Zamana who is the leader and focus of the whole spiritual world thus giving the human being a unique opportunity to influence his/her own future (gains, loss/health/sickness, richness/poverty/ etc by performing certain acts, e.g. dua salaa, sadaqa, acquiring knowledge, recitation of Qur’an…….)
"Allah has favoured Friday over all other days, the month of Ramadhan over all other months, and Lailatul Qadr over all other nights." Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.)
"The Holy Qur'an was revealed as a whole during the month of Ramadan at the Ancient House (the Ka'ba), then from there it was revealed along the span of (more than) twenty years." Imam Sadiq (A.S.)

"The Books of Ibrahim (as) were revealed on the first night of the month of Ramadan; the Torah was revealed on the sixth of the month of Ramadan; the Gospel (Injil) was revealed on the thirteenth of the month of Ramadan; the Psalms (Zabur) were revealed on the eighteenth of the month of Ramadan, and the Holy Qur'an was revealed on the twenty-fourth of the month of Ramadan." Imam Sadiq (A.S.)
"During Lailalul-Qadr, the angels, the spirit, and the trusted scribes all descend to the lower heavens and write down whatever Allah decrees that year, and if Allah wishes to advance something or postpone it or add thereto, He orders the angel to erase it and replace it with whatever He decrees." Imam Sadiq (A.S.)
Ibn Abbas is quoted saying, "The Holy Qur'an was revealed as a whole from the Safeguarded Scroll from the heavens to the lower earth on Lailatul-Qadr, then Jibrail used to reveal it unto Rasulullah (S.A.W.) gradually.".
Imam Baqir (A.S.), quoting Rasulullah (S.A.W.) has said that whoever spends Lailatul-Qadr adoring his Lord will have all his sins forgiven even if they had numbered as many as the stars in the heavens, the weight of the mountains, or the measures of the seas.
Imam Baqir (as) has said, "The 17th night of the month of Ramadan is when the two parties met, and the 19th is when the lists of the pilgrims is written down, and the 21st is when successors to the Prophets passed away and Isa (A.S.) was raised to heaven and Musa (A.S.) passed away, whereas the 23rd is hoped to be Lailatul-Qadr."

Ahmed ibn Muhammad ibn Yahya quotes his father saying, "I was in the company of Imam Sadiq (A.S.) when Abu Baseer asked him, 'Which night is the one when one is to plead to his Lord whatever he wishes to plead?' Imam answered him by saying, 'Either the twenty-first or the twenty-third.' He then asked him: 'What if I have no strength to observe both of them?'
Imam said, 'How easy it is to observe them when compared to your pleas!"'

Imam Sadiq (A.S.) has also said: "The twenty-third night of the month of Ramadan is the one when every weighty matter is decided, when trials, tribulations, deaths, and means of sustenance and other matters are determined, and so will whatever Allah decrees to take place for the entire next year; so, congratulations to anyone who remains awake during it bowing, prostrating, contemplating upon his sins, weeping on their account, for if you do all of that, God willing, you Will never be disappointed."
Then he added, "Allah will order an angel to call out during each and every day of the month of Ramadan conveying Allah's message to them thus: ' Good news, O My servants f I have forgiven your past sins and permitted some of you to intercede on behalf of the rest on Lailatul-Qadr except those who break their fast with an intoxicant or those who bear grudge against another Muslim brother!"'

It is narrated that Allah wards off evil and sins and all types of trials on the 25th night from all His servants who fast and grants them light in their hearing and vision; Janna is decorated during Lailatul-Qadr's day and night.

SUGGESTED THINGS TO DO

Physically
• Make sure you are comfortable.
• Don’t eat too much for you will feel sleepy.
• Give sadaqa
• Do ghusl at the beginning and the end of the night

Mentally
• Concentrate on Allah today by focusing your thoughts on the importance of this night and how it is the unfortunate who are devoid of the blessings of this night. To keep your thoughts focused everytime they stray recite “Innaa lillahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’un” "Indeed we are from Allah and towards Him is our return. " 2:156
Emotionally
• Make sure you are at peace with your relations especially your parents and blood ties. Ask their forgiveness for any wrong doing or hurt…..
• Forgive those who have hurt you. Release yourself from their prison… Remember ‘The reward for goodness is only good”….
Spiritually
• Ponder over the translation of the duas so you can ‘connect’
• When reciting the names of the Ma’sumeen think about each of them ‘connecting’ to them.
• Imagine yourself at the day of Judgement – cry and beseech Him for forgiveness and a fresh start. The Prophet (S.A.W.) when asked what should one ask Allah for during these nights, said: "Ask for your safety (here and in the hereafter)".

The A'maal for Laylatul Qadr

1. Ghuls. Allama Majlisi says, "It is better to do ghusl before sunset so that the night prayers may be performed after it".
2. To offer two Rakaats of Salaa, in every Rakaa recite Surat-al-Hamd, and Surat-al-Tawheed 7x, and after finishing the salaa 70 x recite:
"Astagfirullaah Rabbi Wa atoobu ilayhi"
"I seek pardon from God and return tu Him".
3. The Qur'an should be opened and placed in front, then one should recite,

(SALAWAT-And ask for Hajaat).
4. Place the Qur'an on your head and say,

(SALAWAT-After this repeat 10 times each):

5. Recite the Ziyara of Imam Husayn (A.S.).
6. Recite 100 (or 10 ) rakaats salaa if possible with 10x Suratul Ikhlas after Suratul Fatiha in each rakaat
7. Recite: "Astagfirullaah Rabbi Wa atoobu ilayhi" 100 times
"I seek pardon from God and ask for penitence from Him"
8..Give Sadaqa
9.Recite Dua Nudba & Remember Imam Al-Asr (AF) much throughout the night
10.Seek forgiveness & Recite Dua Kumail. Dua Makarimul Akhlaq, Dua Tawba & the 15 whispered prayers from Sahifa Sajjadia
11.Study some Fiqh rules
12. Recite Suratul Ankabut (29); Suratur Room (30); and Suratud Dukhan (44)
13. Recite Jawshan Kabeer
14. The Prophet (S.A.W.) when asked what should one invoke Allah during these nights, said: "Ask for your safety (here and in the hereafter)".

DIVIDE THE NIGHT INTO 3 PARTS AFTER THE A’MAAL

1. The first part to gain knowledge. Listen to some lectures or read making notes. Maybe the understanding of the suwer* of ‘Ankabut and Room for Imam Ja’fer As-Sadiq (A.S.) has told Abu Baseer that whoever these suwer on the 23rd night of the month of Ramadhan will certainly be among the residents of Janna without any exception, adding, "... and I do not fear that Allah will record a sin against me for giving such a status for these two suwer ."
(*Suwer is the plural of sura)

2. The 2nd part to be allocated for meditation. Ask yourself questions – Who am I? What do I wish to be? Where do I wish to go? How will I get there? Find time to talk to your Rabb and tell Him your insecurities, fears, aspirations……….. Ask the help of the ma’sumeen to intercede (tawassul) and help……..Recite the duas/munajat from Saheefa Sajjadiyya to help focus.

3. The 3rd part to be allocated for Salatul Layl to connect with Salatul Fajr.

TIME MANAGEMENT FOR LAYLATUL QADR

Time ACTIVITY
6.17 p.m. Salatul Maghrib & Eisha/Iftaar
7.17 p.m.

8.17 p.m.

9.17 p.m.

10.17 p.m.

11.17 p.m.

12.17 p.m.

01.17 a.m.

02.17 a.m.

03.17 a.m.

04.17 a.m.

05.17 a.m. Suratul Qadr/Dua ‘Ahad (Nur) /Sehri/Ghusl/Tahajjud
05.58 a.m. Salatul Fajr
07.29 a.m. Sunrise

Inspirations

MEMO FROM GOD

Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am doing, this seems very little to ask of you. Please, follow these 10 guidelines

1.QUIT WORRYING:
Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you
forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you?
Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST:
Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care of anything you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.

3. TRUST ME:
Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials.
Problems with the kids? Put them on My list.
Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE:
Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started?
Leave them with Me and forget about them. Just let Me do my job.

5. TALK TO ME:
I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with Me. I want to be your friend.

6. HAVE FAITH:
I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?

7. SHARE:
You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
8. BE PATIENT:
I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list?
Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.

9. BE KIND:
Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.

10. LOVE YOURSELF:
As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a Allah of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to me. Don't ever forget......

ONE NIGHT OF QADR…….

One day I dug a little hole and put my hurt inside,
Thinking I could forget it, I put it there to hide.
But then the hurt began to grow and I had to cover it up each day,
I could’nt let it show so that was the price I had to pay.
My joy was gone, my heart was sad, pain was I all I knew,
Wounded pride surrounded me and living was hard to do.

One night of Qadr, I stood besides the hole and cried to my Rabb,
I need your help, Ya Rabb, I cannot cope anymore, My Rabb
I asked in the name of Husayn (A.S.)

In a flash Al-Muhayminu was there – His embrace so warm and safe
Tears flowed from my hurting heart as He helped to dig the hurt out
I dug down deep, brushing all the dirt away and gave it in His hands
I told Him all about it – every single word – every single part.
As-Sameeu listened to every distasteful detail as I promised to do my best to change,
He took the blackness from my nafs and let me free from my prison of sins

Then something began to grow where the hurt used to be,
Out of all the tears and pain I see His love, His care, His Rububiyya………

RELATIONSHIPS

Each person who enters our life has a unique lesson to teach us. And it is only through these lessons that we learn about life, people, relationships and God.

When someone lies to you it teaches you that things are not always as they seem. The truth is often far beneath the surface. Look beyond the masks people wear if you want to know their heart. And remove your own masks to let people know yours.

When someone steals from you it teaches you that nothing is forever. Always appreciate what you have, for you never know when you might lose it. And never, ever take your friends and family for granted because today is the only guarantee you have.

When someone inflicts an injury upon you it teaches you that the human state is a fragile one. Protect and take care of your body as best as you can, it's the only thing you are sure to have here on earth.

When someone mocks you it teaches you that no two people are alike. When you encounter people who are different from you, don't judge them by how they look or act; instead base your opinion on the contents of their heart.

When someone breaks your heart it teaches you that loving someone does not always mean that person will love you back. But don't turn your back on love because when you find the right person, the joy that one person brings will make up for all the past hurts put together.

When someone holds a grudge against you it teaches you that everyone makes mistakes. When you are wronged, the most virtuous thing you can do is forgive the offender without pretence. Forgiving those who have hurt us is the most difficult and courageous thing a human being can do.

When a loved one is unfaithful to you it teaches you that resisting temptation is the human being’s greatest challenge. Be vigilant in your resistance against all temptation. By doing so you will be rewarded with an enduring sense of satisfaction far greater than the temporary pleasure by which you were tempted.

When! Someone cheats you, it teaches you that greed is the root of all evil. Aspire to make your dreams come true, no matter how lofty they may be. Do not feel guilty about your success, but never let an obsession with achieving your goals lead you to engage in malevolent activities.

When someone ridicules you it teaches you that nobody is perfect. Accept people for their merits and be tolerant of their flaws. Do not ever reject someone for imperfections over which they have no control.

When you enter someone's life, whether by plan, chance or coincidence, consider what your lesson will be. Will you teach love or a harsh lesson of reality? When you die will your life have resulted in more loving or hurting? More comfort or pain? More joy or sadness? Each one of us has power over the balance of love in the world. Use it wisely. Don't miss an opportunity to nudge the world's scale in the right direction.

FORGIVENESS

We all make mistakes. Everyone has grumpy days. Most people say things they don't mean now and then. We all need to forgive and to be forgiven. No relationship can be sustained over a long period of time without forgiveness. Even though some people may find it find it difficult to apologize, forgiveness is crucial in marriage.
People who hold on to old hurts, disappointments, petty annoyances, betrayals, insensitivity, and anger are wasting both time and energy. Lack of forgiveness can wear a person down. Additionally, it is not good for both physical and mental well being. Nursing a perceived hurt can eventually make it in to something more - hate and extreme bitterness.
How to Forgive or Ask for Forgiveness:
 Be open.
 To forgive takes a decision.
 Don't throw an error back in someone's face at a later date. Don't use it as ammunition in an argument.
 Don't seek revenge or retribution. It will only extend the pain.
 Try and understand the reason for the transgression.
 Remember that forgiveness doesn't mean you condone the hurtful behavior.
 Show true remorse for the pain that you've caused.
 e willing to make a commitment to not hurt your spouse in the same way again.
 Accept the consequences of the action that created the hurt.
 Be open to making amends.
 Be patient. Being able to forgive often takes time.

DO YOU LOVE ME?
One day, I woke up early in the morning to watch the sunrise.
Ah, the beauty of God's creation is beyond description.
As I watched, I praised God for the beautiful work.
As I sat there, I felt My Rabb's presence with me.
He asked me, "Do you love me ?"
I answered, "Of course God! You are my Lord!"
Then He asked, "If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me ?"
I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs and the rest of my body and wondered how many things I wouldn't be able to do, the things I took for granted. And I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I would still love you."

Then My Rabb said, "If you were blind, would you still love my creation?" How could I love something without being able to see it ?
Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them still loved God and his creation. So I answered, "Its hard to think of it, but I would still love you."

My Rabb then asked me,"If you were deaf, would you still listen to my word ?" How could I listen to anything, being deaf ?
Then I understand. Listening to God's word is not merely using our ears but our hearts. I answered, "It would be tough but I would still listen to your words,"

My Rabb then asked,"If you were mute, would you still praise my
Name? How could I praise without a voice ? Then it occured to me:God wants us to praise Him from our very heart and soul.
It never matters what we sound like. So I answered, "Though I could not physically sing, I would still Praise your Name."

And My Rabb asked,"Do you really love me ?"
With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly,"Yes Lord!
I love you because you are the one and true God!"
I thought that I had answered well, but God asked,"Then why do you sin?" I answered, "Because I am only human, I am not perfect."

"Then why do in times of peace you stray the furthest ?
And why only in times of trouble do you pray the earnest ?"
No answer. Only tears. My Rabb continued: Why only pray at fellowships and retreats ? Why seek me only in times of worship ? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so unfaithfully ? The tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

Why are you ashamed of Me ? Why are you not spreading the good news ? Why in times of persecution, you cry to others when I offer My shoulders to cry on ? Why make excuses when I give you opportunities to serve in My Name ? I tried to answer but there was no answer to give.

You are blessed with life. I made you not throw this gift away.
I have blessed you with talents to serve me, but you continue to turn away.
I have revealed My word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge.
I have spoken to you, but your ears were closed.
I have shown my blessings to you, but your eyes were turned away.
I have sent you servants, but you sat idly as they were pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all.
Do you truly love Me ?

I could not answer.
How could I ?
I was embarrased beyond belief.
I had no excuse.
What could I say to this?

When my heart had cried out, and the tears had flowed,
I said, "Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be your servant."
My Rabb answered,"That is my grace, my servant."
I asked, "Then why do you continue to forgive me ?
Why do you love me so ?

My Rabb answered,
"Because you are my creation.
I will never abandon you.
When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you.
When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you.
When you are down, I will encourage you.
When you fall, I will raise you up.
When you are tired, I will carry you.
I will be with you till the end of the days and I will love you
forever."
Never had I cried so hard before.
How could I have been so cold.
And for the first time, I truly prayed.

Ya Rabbiy.....
My Lord, once again You heard me,
And indeed Your arrival is very timely
At a time when my heart was restless from the flimsiness of my faith,
and my focus was lost, as I was dazed with this entertaining world

Often, I would not remember You as I should have had
I had forgotten the reality of Sujood once again
Busy with the thoughts of this world and its occupations,
Even my prayers were polluted with thoughts of other than You

Patience, and goodly behaviours were all snatched away from me,
Sleeping as a child at the times of Fajr You would still visit me

Qur'an wasn't my sweet companion anymore,
It had neglected me, as I neglected it, and so it would not give me the glad tidings of meeting You

My prayers and Duas were short, and without any effect
Nor were the tears of joy of talking to You embracing my face
In short, my faith was flimsy and without soul
and I was restless and sad as a child who had lost the mother
I knew I had a disease and a pain,
but I had no idea of its cause. I was unaware that it was the disease of being out of touch with You, my Lord
And no one knew of my pain and suffering
Nor did I know means of communicating it to anyone, or with You

Though, You Beloved, You knew it all
You knew the suffering of a soul without Your friendship
One dawn, I went to His door, knocking with hope of it opening
so that I shall make a promise with Him,
and make Him make a promise to me
I pleaded:
My Lord, I ask You one thing from all the comforts and gifts that You bestow upon humanity; I ask for faith
I asked Him: Please bind my feet with the chains of Your Love,
Give a new life to this dead heart with the Light of Your Love,
If You choose to burn me in Jahannam for my sins,
Please don't burn me in the fire of Your separation
And if You choose to grant me a glance of Janna,

He whispered: You remembered Me, I shall remember you,
Indeed I am the most Faithful Friend, and the best of the promise keepers

Laylatul Qadr is a celebration to commemorate the arrival of the final guidance for human beings.

It is a tribute to the commencement of the message revealed to humankind by the Creator, a message which shows them the way to achieve their full potential.

Just as the arrival of a child is celebrated, on its birth and then every year, as a bringer of joy and fulfilment for the family, Laylatul Qadr is celebrated as a bringer of light and guidance for humankind.

Laylatul Qadr is celebrated with a feast for the spirit, a feast of worship and prayers.

“My Rabb! I worship you not because I am desirous of Janna, nor because I fear Jahannam, I worship You, because You are worthy of worship.”
- Imam Ali (A.S.)

Let us all remember each other in our prayers!
By abuali
Alhamdulilah!

What have we not been given...and yet we tend to be full of complains.

Reminds me of a saying of Imam Ali (AS)

By Allah, even if I am given all the domains of the seven (stars) with all that exists under the skies in order that I may disobey Allah to the extent of snatching one grain of barley from an ant I would not do it. For me your world is lighter than the leaf in the mouth of a locust that is chewing it. What has `Ali to do with bounties that will pass away and pleasures that will not last? We do seek protection of Allah from the slip of wisdom and the evils of mistakes, and from Him we seek succour. (sermon 222 Nahjul Balagha)
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline