Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A dedicated forum to share all the news and happenings around the world. Share breaking news and other controversial news that you may have come across.
(bismillah)
(salam)

The ship 'Spice Islander' has sunk yesterday night in the waters between Zanzibar and Pemba potentially drowning hundreds of people.

Information has been scarce from local sources however many foreign news services have reported on the tragic event.

Lets share information and news here and also how we can assist, especially those of us in Zanzibar.
Its surprising that despite the national tragedy, I was told that yesterday night, barely 24hrs after the tragedy, a Miss Tanzania contest went on as planned in Dar es Salaam.

Here, Tanzanians were mourning the loss of innocent lives and another group of 'Tanzanians' were making merry!
Truly it is sad...
Who was responsible? Poverty.
Its a whole system that allows this... SUMATRA (Surface and Marine Authorities) is not allowed to function in Zanzibar as they say it is not a state matter. There is no one to monitor what goes around.
2 days ago i climbed a hiace of 16 passengers from Mtwara to Lindi carrying atleast 28 passengers and no one said anything. ( Dont ask me how we all fit in with our baggages...)
''we belong to Allah s.w.t and to HIM is our return''.
A very tragic and sad event and the worst part is that the culprits who are to blame for this will remain unscatched.They should be brought to justice,but alas who cares for justice in todays world? Hasnt POWER and MONEY shut down human's conscience making it a slave of the TEMPORAL WORLD??? May Almighty grant patience to the bereaved families''.amen.Lets pray to Almighty for the quick appearance of the Imam of our time.''
Very sad indeed. :|

But the blame is not entirely on the authorities. Using Br.Muhammad's eg, (forgive me for saying this ;) )
Had the bus he got on gotten an accident, wouldn't the people on the bus be partly responsible for the overcrowding?

I read that some people got off the boat(dont know how true) when they saw it was being overburdened. Aren't some of the passengers then responsible for the disaster as well?

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline