Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By abuali
We have been given so many precious gifts....

Have a look at the gift of Ziyarate Aashura by CLICKING HERE

just to quote from the above link
Ziyarah is the mystical presence of the fervent lover ('¡shiq) in the dwelling of the Beloved; it is the visitor's passionate encounter of the abode of the visited One; it is the lover's expression of intense love and consideration for the Beloved; it is when the enamored one sincerely gives his heart in the alley of the possessor of the heart…
By Tayyaba
Salaam...
this is the the topic maulana has picked for the urdu sessions at night..every1 should attend his lectures..really good!
By qarrar
Ziyarat Ashura

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Peace be on you, O Abu 'Abdillah

اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يا اَبا عَبْدِاللهِ،

Peace be on you, O son of the Messenger of Allah

اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا بْنَ رَسُولِ اللهِ

Peace be upon you, O the chosen one and the son of the chosen one

السَّلامُ عَلَيكَ يا خِيَرَةِ اللهِ وابْنَ خَيرَتِهِ

Peace be on you, O son of the Commander of the Faithful and the son of the chief of the successors.

اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا بْنَ اَميرِ الْمُؤْمِنينَ وَابْنَ سَيِّدِ الْوَصِيّينَ،

Peace be on you, O son of Fatima, the leading lady of the worlds

اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا بْنَ فاطِمَةَ سَيِّدَةِ نِساءِ الْعالَمينَ،

Peace be on you, O fearless warrior of Allah, the one who was killed, but to whom blood revenge is still denied

اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يا ثارَ اللهِ وَابْنَ ثارِهِ وَالْوِتْرَ الْمَوْتُورَ،

Peace be on you, and on the souls who died with you.

اَلسَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى الاَْرْواحِ الَّتي حَلَّتْ بِفِنائِكَ

I send peace of Allah on all of you forever, so long as I remain alive, and the night and day remains.

عَلَيْكُمْ مِنّي جَميعاً سَلامُ اللهِ اَبَداً ما بَقيتُ وَبَقِىَ اللَّيْلُ وَالنَّهارُ،

O Abu Abdillah,

يا اَبا عَبْدِاللهِ

Great is the loss,

لَقَدْ عَظُمَتِ الرَّزِيَّةُ

And unbearable and great is your tragedy for us, and for all the Muslims,

وَجَلَّتْ وَعَظُمَتِ الْمُصيبَةُ بِكَ عَلَيْنا وَعَلى جَميعِ اَهْلِ الاِْسْلامِ

And unbearable and great is your tragedy in the heavens, and for all the dwellers of the heavens.

وَجَلَّتْ وَعَظُمَتْ مُصيبَتُكَ فِي السَّماواتِ عَلى جَميعِ اَهْلِ السَّماواتِ،

May Allah curse the people, who laid down the basis of oppression and wrongs against you, people of the House

فَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً اَسَّسَتْ اَساسَ الظُّلْمِ وَالْجَوْرِ عَلَيْكُمْ اَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ،

May Allah curse those who removed you from your position, and removed you from the rank in which Allah had placed you.

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً دَفَعَتْكُمْ عَنْ مَقامِكُمْ وَاَزالَتْكُمْ عَنْ مَراتِبِكُمُ الَّتي رَتَّبَكُمُ اللهُ فيها،

May Allah curse the people who killed you,

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً قَتَلَتْكُمْ

And those who facilitated for them the means for your killing

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ الْمُمَهِّدينَ لَهُمْ بِالَّتمْكينِ مِنْ قِتالِكُمْ،

I turn to Allah and to you, away from them,

بَرِئْتُ اِلَى اللهِ وَاِلَيْكُمْ مِنْهُمْ

And from their adherents, their followers, and their friends

وَمِنْ اَشْياعِهِمْ وَاَتْباعِهِمْ وَاَوْلِيائِهِم،

O Abu 'Abdillah,

يا اَبا عَبْدِاللهِ

I am at peace with those who make peace with you,

اِنّي سِلْمٌ لِمَنْ سالَمَكُمْ

And I am at war with those who make war with you, till the Day of Judgement.

وَحَرْبٌ لِمَنْ حارَبَكُمْ اِلى يَوْمِ الْقِيامَةِ،

May Allah curse, the family of Ziyad, and the family of Marwan,

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ آلَ زِياد وَآلَ مَرْوانَ،

And May Allah curse Bani Umayya entirely,

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ بَني اُمَيَّةَ قاطِبَةً،

And May Allah curse Ibn Marjanah

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ ابْنَ مَرْجانَةَ،

And May Allah curse 'Umar ibne Sa'ad,

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ عُمَرَ بْنَ سَعْد،

And may Allah curse Shimr

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ شِمْراً،

And May Allah curse the people who, carried out, saw, and tried to conceal, your killing

وَلَعَنَ اللهُ اُمَّةً اَسْرَجَتْ وَاَلْجَمَتْ وَتَنَقَّبَتْ لِقِتالِكَ،

My father and mother be sacrificed for you, great is my sorrow for you.

بِاَبي اَنْتَ وَاُمّي لَقَدْ عَظُمَ مُصابي بِكَ

I pray to Allah who has honoured your status, and honoured me through you,

فَاَسْأَلُ اللهَ الَّذي َكْرَمَ مَقامَكَ وَاَكْرَمَني بك

To grant me an opportunity to seek your revenge with a victorious Imam, from the family of Muhammad, blessings of Allah be on him and his family.

اَنْ يَرْزُقَني طَلَبَ ثارِكَ مَعَ اِماممَنْصُور مِنْ اَهْلِ بَيْتِ مُحَمَّد صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ،

O Allah, make me of a worthy status in your eyes, through Hussein, peace be on him, in this world and the Hereafter.

اَللّـهُمَّ اجْعَلْني عِنْدَكَ وَجيهاً بِالْحُسَيْنِ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ فِي الدُّنْيا وَالاْخِرَةِ،

O Abu 'Abdillah,

يا اَبا عَبْدِاللهِ

I seek nearness to Allah,

اِنّي اَتَقَرَّبُ اِلى اللهِ

and to His Messenger,

وَ اِلى رَسُولِهِ

and to the Commander of the Faithful,

وَاِلى اَميرِ الْمُؤْمِنينَ

and to Fatima,

وَاِلى فاطِمَةَ

and to Hassan,

وَاِلَى الْحَسَنِ

and to you, through the love and dedication to you,

وَاِلَيْكَ بِمُوالاتِكَ

and through disassociating with those who killed you, and prepared to fight you

وَبِالْبَراءَةِ مِمَّنْ قاتَلَكَ وَنَصَبَ لَكَ الْحَرْبَ

and disassociating with those who established the foundations of tyranny, and wrongs against you (O Ahlul Bayt).

وَبِالْبَراءَةِ مِمَّنْ اَسَسَّ اَساسَ الظُّلْمِ وَالْجَوْرِ عَلَيْكُمْ

I turn to Allah, and His Messenger, away from those who laid grounds for it,

وَاَبْرَأُ اِلَى اللهِ وَاِلى رَسُولِهِ مِمَّنْ اَسَسَّ اَساسَ ذلِكَ

and those who built the house of injustice upon it,

وَبَنى عَلَيْهِ بُنْيانَهُ

and carried out oppression and cruelty, against you and your followers.

وَجَرى فِي ظُلْمِهِ وَجَوْرِهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَعلى اَشْياعِكُمْ،

I turn to Allah, and to you, away from them,

بَرِئْتُ اِلَى اللهِ وَاِلَيْكُمْ مِنْهُمْ

and seek nearness to Allah, and then to you through love for you and your friends,

وَاَتَقَرَّبُ اِلَى اللهِ ثُمَّ اِلَيْكُمْ بِمُوالاتِكُمْ وَمُوالاةِ وَلِيِّكُمْ

and by disassociating with your enemies, and those who went to war with you,

وَبِالْبَراءَةِ مِنْ اَعْدائِكُمْ وَالنّاصِبينَ لَكُمُ الْحَرْبَ

and by disassociating with their adherents and those who follow them.

وَبِالْبَراءَةِ مِنْ اَشْياعِهِمْ وَاَتْباعِهِمْ،

I am at peace with those who made peace with you,

اِنّي سِلْمٌ لِمَنْ سالَمَكُمْ

and I am at war with those who went to war with you.

وَحَرْبٌ لِمَنْ حارَبَكُمْ

I befriend those who befriended you,

وَوَلِىٌّ لِمَنْ والاكُمْ

and I am the enemy with those who were your enemies.

وَعَدُوٌّ لِمَنْ عاداكُمْ

I pray to Allah, who has honoured me with awareness of you, and my awareness of your friends

فَاَسْأَلُ اللهَ الَّذي أكْرَمَني بِمَعْرِفَتِكُمْ وَمَعْرِفَةِ اَوْلِيائِكُمْ

and has enabled me to disassociate from your enemies.

وَرَزَقَنِى الْبَراءَةَ مِنْ اَعْدائِكُمْ

(I pray) that He may place me with you in this world and the Hereafter.

اَنْ يَجْعَلَني مَعَكُمْ فِي الدُّنْيا وَالاْخِرَةِ

And (I Pray) that He may strengthen for me a truthful stance in this world and the Hereafter.

وَاَنْ يُثَبِّتَ لي عِنْدَكُمْ قَدَمَ صِدْق فِي الدُّنْيا وَالاْخِرَةِ

And I pray that He may enable me to reach, your honoured station with Allah

وَاَسْأَلُهُ اَنْ يُبَلِّغَنِى الْمَقامَ الَْمحْمُودَ لَكُمْ عِنْدَ اللهِ

And that He may grant me the opportunity to seek victory, along with a rightly guided Imam from amongst you, who will manifest and speak the, truth.

وَاَنْ يَرْزُقَني طَلَبَ ثاري مَعَ اِمام هُدىً ظاهِر ناطِق بِالْحَقِّ مِنْكُمْ

I ask Allah by your station, and by the honoured position you have with Him,

وَاَسْألُ اللهَ بِحَقِّكُمْ وَبِالشَّأنِ الَّذي لَكُمْ عِنْدَهُ

That He grants me for the grief at your sorrows, more than the personal grief that troubles anyone in tragedy.

اَنْ يُعْطِيَني بِمُصابي بِكُمْ اَفْضَلَ ما يُعْطي مُصاباً بِمُصيبَتِهِ

What great sorrows (you experienced)! How great was your tragedy, for Islam and in all the Heavens and the earth!

مُصيبَةً ما اَعْظَمَها وَاَعْظَمَ رَزِيَّتَها فِي الاِْسْلامِ وَفِي جَميعِ السَّماواتِ وَالاْرْضِ

O Allah, make me, at this moment, one who receives from You, blessings, mercy, and forgiveness.

اَللّـهُمَّ اجْعَلْني فِي مَقامي هذا مِمَّنْ تَنالُهُ مِنْكَ صَلَواتٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ،

O Allah make me live the life of Muhammad and his family,

اَللّـهُمَّ اجْعَلْ مَحْياىَ مَحْيا مُحَمَّد وَآلِ مُحَمَّد

and make me die the death of Muhammad and his family.

وَمَماتي مَماتَ مُحَمَّد وَآلِ مُحَمَّد،

O Allah, this is a day when Bani Umayya rejoiced, and so too the son of the she who eats the liver of man.

اَللّـهُمَّ اِنَّ هذا يَوْمٌ تَبَرَّكَتْ بِهِ بَنُو اُمَيَّةَ وَابْنُ آكِلَةِ الاَْكبادِ

the condemned son of the condemned as said by You, and Your Prophet blessings of Allah be on him and his family,

اللَّعينُ ابْنُ اللَّعينِ عَلى لِسانِكَ وَلِسانِ نَبِيِّكَ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ

at every location and occasion in which Your Prophet stood.

فِي كُلِّ مَوْطِن وَمَوْقِف وَقَفَ فيهِ نَبِيُّكَ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ،

O Allah, curse Abu Sufyan, and Muawiya, and Yazid son of Muawiya an everlasting curse

اَللّـهُمَّ الْعَنْ اَبا سُفْيانَ وَمُعاوِيَةَ وَيَزيدَ ابْنَ مُعاوِيَةَ عَلَيْهِمْ مِنْكَ اللَّعْنَةُ اَبَدَ الاْبِدينَ،

And this is a day when the family of Ziyad was happy, and the family of Marwan because of their murder of Hussein, (blessings of Allah be on him).

وَهذا يَوْمٌ فَرِحَتْ بِهِ آلُ زِيادوَآلُ مَرْوانَ بِقَتْلِهِمُ الْحُسَيْنَ صَلَواتُ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ،

O Allah, so increase the curse on them from You, and the painful punishment.

اَللّـهُمَّ فَضاعِفْ عَلَيْهِمُ اللَّعْنَ مِنْكَ وَالْعَذابَ (الاَْليمَ)

O Allah, I seek nearness to You on this day, and in this position, and for the rest of my life,

اَللّـهُمَّ اِنّي اَتَقَرَّبُ اِلَيْكَ فِي هذَا الْيَوْمِ وَفِي مَوْقِفي هذا وَاَيّامِ حَياتي

through disassociating from them (the enemies) and cursing them,

بِالْبَراءَةِ مِنْهُمْ وَاللَّعْنَةِ عَلَيْهِمْ

and though the love of Your Prophet, and his family, peace be on them.

وَبِالْمُوالاةِ لِنَبِيِّكَ وَآلِ نَبِيِّكَ عَلَيْهِ وَعَلَيْهِمُ اَلسَّلامُ
The above link has been updated.

Just to remind you all out there, the power of Ziyarate Aashura

This commentary will bring to light some of the benefits. Click to read Commentary on Ziyarate Aashura

The Holy Prophet (SAWW) said
The similitude of my progeny among you is that of the ship of Noah (‘a); whosoever boards on it is saved, and whosoever does not would perish
Value and rewards of Ziyarate Aashoora

By: Noroz Hussain [source: www.jafariyanews.com]
What else could be a greater merit for Ziyarate Aashoora than to be the 'Word of Allah' (Hadithe Qudsi)? No other Ziyarat bears this eminence and superiority. The difference between the Holy Quran and Ziyarate Aashoora is the same as the difference between the Holy Quran and Hadithe Qudsi. If the words from Allah claim to be a miracle from the aspect of meaning and concept, then they are the verses of the Holy Quran. But if there is no claim of miracle from the aspect of meaning and concept, then these divine words are called as 'Hadithe Qudsi'. And if the concept is from Allah, but the words are those of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.), then it is called as 'Hadith'. However there is no doubt that this Ziyarat is Hadithe Qudsi.

Safwan (r.a) narrates that Angel Jibraeel (a.s.) conveyed this Ziyarat to Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) on divine command. We will narrate this incident in detail in the end of this article. What is important at this point is to appreciate that this Ziyarat is Hadithe Qudsi and it has reached Imam Baqir (a.s.) through his noble ancestors who received it from Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a). Imam Baqir (a.s.) made 'public' this Ziyarat for the first time. This is because like all other divine laws that were delayed, the delay in the communication of Ziyarate Aashoora in the public domain also had a divine rationale.
(Shifa al-Sudoor, p. 51 by Abul Fazl Tehrani)

Ziyarate Aashoora: Importance

The great and pious jurist, Shaikh Jawad b. Shaikh Mashkoor (late), was a leading jurist of Najaf who died at the age of 90 years in 1337 A.H. He is buried next to his father in a room in the blessed courtyard of the grave of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.). This great scholar dreamt in the night of 26 Safar 1332 A.H in which he saw Hazrat Izraeel - the angel of death (a.s.). He did salaam to the angel of death and asked him from where he was coming. The angel of death replied 'I am coming from Shiraz after having seized the soul (Ruh) of Mirza Ibrahim Mehlaaki.' Shaikh asked him 'In what condition is his soul in Barzakh?' The angel of death replied 'He is residing in the most beautiful garden and is in the best of the conditions. Allah has appointed 1,000 angels at his beck and call.' Shaikh asked him 'For which action has he received such a great reward - for his high level of knowledge? Or for the large number of students he had trained?' The angel of death replied, 'For none of these reasons'. Shaikh asked, 'Then for leading the congregational prayers and explaining the religious laws to the people?' The angel of death replied in the negative. So Shaikh asked, 'Then on what basis did he receive such a great position?' The angel of death said 'For reciting Ziyarate Aashoora.' Mirza Mehlaaki recited Ziyarate Aashoora regularly in the last 30 years of his life. And if due to an illness or any other reason, he was unable to recite the Ziyarat, then he would appoint a representative to recite the Ziyarat on his behalf.'

The next morning, Shaikh Jawad went to Ayatullah Mirza Mohammed Taqi Shirazi and narrated his dream. On hearing this, Ayatullah Mirza Mohammed Taqi began weeping. When people asked him the reason of his grief, he replied 'Mirza Ibrahim Mehlaaki was a pillar of jurisprudence and he has departed from the world.' People said 'But this news was only a dream, while we don't know the fact as yet.' Ayatullah Mirza Taqi replied, 'This was not the dream of an ordinary individual, it was the dream of Shaikh Jawad.' The very next day there was letter informing the residents of Najaf about Mirza Ibrahim Mehlaaki's demise. In this way, the veracity of Shaikh Jawad's dream proved to be true. Subsequently many scholars learnt of this incident from the late Ayatullah Syed Abdul Hadi Shirazi who in turn had personally heard about it from Shaikh Jawad.
(Ziyarate Aashoora by Nasir Rasti Lahejaani, p. 27)

This incident highlights the significance of reciting Ziyarate Aashoora regularly.

Ziyaarate Aashoora: Consequences and benefits

Shaheed-e-Mehraab, Ayatullah Dastghaib Shirazi (r.a.) narrates an incident from Ayatullah Uzma Shaikh Abdul Kareem Haayeree (r.a.), the founder of the Hauz-e-Ilmiyyah in Qum. Haayeree (r.a.) narrates, 'I was residing in Samarrah to pursue religious studies. Once, the city was struck by a deadly plague. Scores of people were dying every day. During those days, a group of religious scholars had gathered at the house of our teacher late Syed Mohammed Fesharki (r.a.). At that time, Mirza Mohammed Taqi (r.a.) too came in that meeting. The talk turned towards the topic of plague and the devastation it was causing in terms of loss of lives. Marhoom Mirza Taqi (r.a.) said, "If I command you to perform an action will all of you obey me?" Everyone replied "Yes, of course, we will obey whatever you say." Marhoom Mirza (r.a.) then ordered "Tell every momin of Samarrah to recite Ziyarate Aashoora for the next ten days and to gift the reward of the Ziyarat to the soul of the mother of Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.), Nargis Khatoon (s.a) so that the people remain safe from this disease." All those who were present in that gathering passed this information to the mominin of Samarrah, who all began reciting Ziyarate Aashoora. From the very next day, there was no news of any momin death. Only the news of the death of other than mominin was being reported. Gradually they realized this and asked some of their momin friends as to the reason that why none from the mominin were dying of plague. They said that they were reciting Ziyarate Aashoora. On hearing this, they too began reciting the Ziyarat. Consequently, they too were secured from the perilous effects of the plague.'
(Ziyarate Aashoora - Effects & Miracles, p. 24)

Ziyaarate Aashoora: Emphasis of Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.)

The emperor of the era, the friend of Allah, the chief of the universe, Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.) has forcefully stressed the importance of reciting Ziyarate Aashoora in his letters and sayings.

In his masterpiece, Mafaateeh al-Jenan, the pillar of traditionalists, Shaikh Abbas Qummi (r.a) has mentioned an incident from his teacher, Mirza Husain Tabarsi (r.a) - famous as Mohaddis Noori (r.a). We will not narrate the entire incident but mention only that portion where Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.) has emphasized the regular recitation of Ziyarate Aashoora .

This incident pertains to Syed Ahmed bin Syed Hashim bin Syed Hasan Musawi Rashty. He was a trader from the city of Rasht. He says 'I left the city of Rasht with the intention of going for Haj and came to the house of Haji Safarali Tabrezi. I was a little worried as there was no caravan scheduled for Haj at that time. When I saw that another friend Haji Jehad Jaludar Isfehani has packed his luggage and is all set to leave for Haj, I too decided to leave with him and hired a mount for the journey ……' (For more details of this incident, the separation of Rashty from his group and being left alone - losing the way in a snowstorm and the darkness of the night - meeting Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.) in this state of distress who led him to his destination etc please refer to Mafateeh al-Jenan, Incident of Syed Rashty & Najm al-Thaaqib, chapter 7).

In this incident, Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.), in the beginning mentions, 'Recite Naafelah Shab' Then he says 'Recite Ziyarat Jaameah' and then he says 'Recite Ziyarate Aashoora '. Syed Rashty did not know either Ziyarat-e-Jaameah or Ziyarate Aashoora by heart. But the moment Imam (a.s.) asked him to recite them regularly, he knew both these Ziyaraat by heart.

Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.) helped Syed Rashty to reach his destination. On the way, Imam (a.s.) once asked him rhetorically, 'Why don't you recite the Naafelah prayers?' Then he (a.s.) repeated thrice 'Naafelah, Naafelah, Naafelah!' Again, Imam (a.s.) asked him, 'Why don't you recite Ziyarate Aashoora?' Then Imam (a.s.) reiterated, 'Aashoora, Aashoora, Aashoora!' Once again, Imam (a.s.) asked Rashty, 'Why don't you recite Ziyarat-e-Jaameah?' And then Imam (a.s.) emphasized thrice, 'Jaameah, Jaameah, Jaameah!'

Ziyaarate Aashoora: Repealing of chastisement

The significance of Ziyarate Aashoora can be gauged from yet another incident. The previous incident reveals the benefit of Ziyarate Aashoora for the one who recites it regularly. But the following incident depicts a really strange benefit of Ziyarate Aashoora. It shows that the one who recites Ziyarate Aashoora becomes a cause of the forgiveness of sins committed by others!!!

Marhoom Mohaddis Noori (r.a.) narrates an incident from Al-Haaj Mulla Hasan Yazdi, who was a pious and virtuous individual and was the caretaker of the shrine of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.). He was very religious and was always preoccupied in worship and Ziyaarat. Mulla Hasan, in turn narrates about Mohammed Ali Yazdi who too was a very respectable, devout and virtuous person. He too would always spend his time in acts of worship and in matters related to the Hereafter. Janab Mohammed Ali used to spend his nights in worship in a particular place in Yazd known as "Mazaar" where many prominent and pious scholars are buried. He had a neighbor who was his good friend. Both of them had grown up and studied together. His friend started doing the work of "Ghassari" (tax collection). Few years later this friend died and was buried in this very 'Mazaar' where Janab Mohammed Ali used to spend his nights in worship. One month after his friend's demise, Janab Mohammed Ali saw him in a dream. His friend was looking very handsome and smart. Janab Mohammed Ali asked him 'I very well know the kind business in which you were involved. There was nothing in that business that you did hiddenly or openly that would merit this great reward that you have received. In fact nothing except punishment could be expected from the kind of work you used to do. Then how did you receive this great position and reward?' The friend replied 'You are absolutely right. In fact, from the time I died, till yesterday I was involved in a painful chastisement. But yesterday, the wife of Ustad Ashraf Haddad (blacksmith) died and was buried a few meters away from here. Last night Imam Husain (a.s.) came to visit her thrice. On the third visit, he (a.s.) ordered that the punishment from the entire graveyard be removed. Hence, now you see me living a life of easy and comfort.'

Aqa Mohammed Ali got up with a start from his sleep. He did not know who Ashraf Haddad was nor did he know where he lived. He went to the iron market, inquired about him and reached his house. Janab Mohammed Ali asked him 'Did you have a wife?' He replied 'Yes. She died last night and I buried her at so and so place' Janab Mohammed Ali asked him 'Had she gone for the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.)?' The man replied 'No. But why are you asking me all this?' Janab Mohammed Ali narrated to him the dream that he had seen. After hearing the entire incident, the blacksmith said 'My wife was very particular and regular in reciting Ziyarate Aashoora'
(Daarus Salaam, Mohaddis Noori (r.a.), vol. 2, p.268; Shifa al-Sudur, p. 52 - Persian Translation; Mafaateeh al-Jenan)

'O Allah! You bestow such an honor to my grave that it too a place of Imam Husain's (a.s.) visits! O Allah! Grant me the taufeeq to recite Ziyarate Aashoora regularly!'

Ziyaarate Aashoora: In the light of traditions

Tradition 1
Alqamah bin Mohammed ibn Hazrami (r.a.) narrates 'I requested Imam Baqir (a.s.) to teach me a dua that I should recite on the day of Aashoora after the reciting the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) - from near his (a.s.) grave or from a distance.' Imam (a.s.) replied

'O Alqamah, whenever you wish to recite the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.), you first perform two units of prayers. Then turn towards the grave of Imam Husain (a.s.) and while pointing towards it, you first say 'Salam' and then 'Takbir'. Thereafter, you recite this Ziyarat (Ziyarate Aashoora). If you do so, then as if you have recited the supplication read by the angels while visiting the grave of Imam Husain (a.s.). Moreover, when you recite this Ziyarat, then

(a) Allah will increase your grade ten lakh times
(b) You will be included among those people who were martyred along with Imam Husain (a.s.)
(c) On the day of Judgment, you will be included among the martyrs
(d) You will get the reward of all the Prophets (a.s.) who have visited the grave of Imam Husain (a.s.) from the day that he (a.s.) was martyred till date.

And the way of reciting the Ziyaarat is like this…'
(Then Imam (a.s.) recited the entire Ziyarate Aashoora for Alqamah (r.a.))
(Kaamil al-Ziyaarat, Ibn Qoolwayh, Ch. 71, p.194)

At the end of this tradition, Imam Baqir (a.s.) says

'O Alqamah, if you can, then recite this Ziyarat every day send salutations to Imam Husain (a.s.). You will get all the rewards (of the one who recites it on the day of Aashoora).'

Tradition 2

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) says:

'The one who visits the grave of Imam Husain (a.s.) on the day of Aashoora or spends the night near his (a.s.) grave, then it is as if he attained martyrdom along with him (a.s.).'
(Kaamil al-Ziyaarat, Chapter 71, p. 191)

(Many Ziyaraat have been mentioned that can be recited on the day of Aashoora. But the Ziyaarat mentioned by Safwan (r.a.) is more common and it is Hadith-e-Qudsi).

Tradition 3

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) informs,

'The one who does the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (a.s.) on the day of Aashoora, then paradise is obligatory upon him.'
(Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 101, p.104)

Tradition 4

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) mentions,

'The one who visits the grave of Imam Husain (a.s.) knowing his right (of Imamate) then it is as if he has done the Ziyarat of Allah on the Arsh.'
(Kaamil al-Ziyaarat, Chapter 71, p. 192)

Tradition 5

Abdullah bin Fazl narrates, 'Once I was in the presence of Imam Sadiq (a.s.) when a person from the city of 'Toos' came to visit him (a.s.). He asked. 'O son of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.)! What do you have to say for the one who visits the grave of Aba Abdillah (a.s.) on the day of Aashoora?' Imam (a.s.) replied

'O Toosi! The one who visits the grave of Aba Abdillah (a.s.) while he acknowledges that his (a.s.) obedience is obligatory from the side of Allah, then all his past and future sins shall be forgiven. He will be granted the right of intercession for seventy sinners. There will be no supplication that he shall ask from Allah near the grave of Aba Abdillah (a.s.) except that it shall be accepted.'
(Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 101, p. 23)

'Door of Imam Husain (a.s.)' - Universal Door of Mercy

In the sermon of 'Shabaniyyah', Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) while explaining the greatness of the month of Ramdhaan says '… In it the doors of paradise are open…' Elucidating this statement of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.), Shaikh Jafar Shushtry (r.a) brings forth a very subtle point. About the 'doors of paradise' he says 'If you are unable to reach the 'doors of paradise' (i.e. you are unable to enter paradise due to your bad actions) then there is yet another door that leads to paradise. No one is deprived of it and it is very easy to reach that gate. Anyone, wherever he is or in whatever condition he is in, can reach to the infinite mercy of Allah through this door. Do you want to know the name of this door so that you can enter paradise? It is door of Imam Husain (a.s.). And the way to reach it is through humility and mourning for Aba Abdillah (a.s.)' Shaikh continues, 'If you cannot find the path to paradise through repentance (as there are conditions for repentance and our bad actions act as hurdles) then the love of Imam Husain (a.s.) is an enormous grace. Regardless of the extent of a person's sins and his non-repentance (in the true sense), yet no one is turned away from paradise because of this bounty (of the love of Imam Husain (a.s.)) he will not be deprived of Allah's compassion.'
(Ziyaarate Aashoora by Nasir Rashty, p. 35)

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline